Hampton by Hilton Krakow {POL}

Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:14 pm

Property is new and excellent for 5k / night (4k with 5NF). Location is a bit out there as expected but if you walk through the mall next door there is a tram station on the other side that offers excellent connectivity.

The #1 tram goes right through Old Town, the #22 tram goes right to Kazimierz and the #14 goes right to Krakow Main train station. Tickets are 28 zloty each or ~$.75 and can be bought at the "In Medio" convenience store in the mall.

The mall has a Carrefour hypermarket if you need beverages or snacks which is convenient, but if you want anything that isn't shelf stable I'd recommend visiting a Lidl or one of the two big open markets near old town.

Originally Posted by helosc
About the suddenly appearing cash component showing up on reward stay reservations:
I emailed the hotel about this and the answer is that it is a system error.
I stayed here a few weeks ago and there was no trouble at check out - only paid with points and the cash part wasn't mentioned.
Can confirm even if a full points reservation incorrectly lists a cash component that the property corrects this on their end.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
Managment is quite slow about fixing things! For instance on my last stay over 2 months ago I reported that the doors DO NOT close by themselves reliably but often stay ajar as they don't lock (can just be pushed open) they stated they were aware of this design flaw. I suggested then that they inform guests of this so people are aware and will make sure to secure the doors but nothing has been done! I view this as a pretty serious security flaw! 2 times our door was left unsecured by staff and twice by the kids during our week stay!
Agreed that room doors not closing reliably is a significant problem at this property. When leaving / entering your room here always remember to give the handle a strong pull / push until you hear it *click*.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:50 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by mster
Property is new and excellent for 5k / night (4k with 5NF). Location is a bit out there as expected but if you walk through the mall next door there is a tram station on the other side that offers excellent connectivity.

The #1 tram goes right through Old Town, the #22 tram goes right to Kazimierz and the #14 goes right to Krakow Main train station. Tickets are 28 zloty each or ~$.75 and can be bought at the "In Medio" convenience store in the mall.

The mall has a Carrefour hypermarket if you need beverages or snacks which is convenient, but if you want anything that isn't shelf stable I'd recommend visiting a Lidl or one of the two big open markets near old town.

Can confirm even if a full points reservation incorrectly lists a cash component that the property corrects this on their end.

2,8 zlotys for the adult tram 20min ticket and 1,4 zlotys for kids good idea to buy a bunch when you find a machine that sells them as all trams dont have them
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Agreed that room doors not closing reliably is a significant problem at this property. When leaving / entering your room here always remember to give the handle a strong pull / push until you hear it *click*.
Indeed, but this is something that the property should make guests aware of in my opinion!!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
2,8 zlotys for the adult tram 20min ticket and 1,4 zlotys for kids good idea to buy a bunch when you find a machine that sells them as all trams don't have them
The ticket machines at some of the stops around Old Town are great for using up and / or making change too ^. Definitely worth just buying 10 or 20 when you have the opportunity just so you don't have to worry about running out.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: HHonors GOLD
If you happen to commute more than twice a day maybe long-term tickets would be useful then?

http://www.mpk.krakow.pl/Data/Files/...okasowania.jpg

By the way, not only room doors have problems with closing but bathroom sliding doors as well... At least mine did. But there were no problems other than this therefore I was extremely satisfied with my stay there.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by feniks138
If you happen to commute more than twice a day maybe long-term tickets would be useful then?

http://www.mpk.krakow.pl/Data/Files/...okasowania.jpg

By the way, not only room doors have problems with closing but bathroom sliding doors as well... At least mine did. But there were no problems other than this therefore I was extremely satisfied with my stay there.
Indeed, value for money is amazing especially on points, I had a kive stay there but I was disturbed by managments view that this door issue is MINOR! To me safety is extremely important in a hotel abd security wise this is bad.

But all in all a good decent hotel. The cash rates were very close to the double tree on our dates so on cash stays the Double tree would win!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Also agree that this place is a phenomenal value on points. Yes, it's ~20 minutes from the old town square, but an Uber is $5 and tram is quite cheap and reliable. Enjoyed my stay here, even if the European Hampton spec is a little more basic than the US spec, which is hitting full-service Hilton standards now.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I had a reward stay booked there last winter but never slept there as they didn't manage to get my room cooler than 27C (!!).
Apparently they only have one floor with rooms that have opening windows and they were fully booked so I was upgraded to the Doubletree next door (where I had another 3 nights booked anyway).
The lobby and room itself looked nice though.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:03 am

During the last part of my stay at this property a pair of guests had several valuables removed from their room and police were present to file a report.

The hotel appeared to add additional onsite security after the incident and had someone from management going around testing doors... and of course finding out that many were not properly closed and could just be pushed open. It at least seems like they're aware of the issue now...
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I had a reward stay booked there last winter but never slept there as they didn't manage to get my room cooler than 27C (!!).
Apparently they only have one floor with rooms that have opening windows and they were fully booked so I was upgraded to the Doubletree next door (where I had another 3 nights booked anyway).
The lobby and room itself looked nice though.
I've stay at this hotel often. I have stayed on different floors. The windows on the upper floor do open, but at a slope. The ones on level 1 do that and open inward (like a door) as well.

For those using the tram. Please be aware that you have to pass through the shopping center itself (and cross the open air parking lot behind it) to get to the Hampton Inn from the "Plaza" tram stop. But the distance needed to walk is a lot shorter than it sounds. However, the center is not open 24 hours; and thus using this tram stop during those closed hours requires one to completely circumvent the perimeter of the mall and come back around (a very long walk). The better option is to use the next tram stop "Arena" near the Decathlon sporting goods store and approach the mall's open parking area from there.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I've stay at this hotel often. I have stayed on different floors. The windows on the upper floor do open, but at a slope. The ones on level 1 do that and open inward (like a door) as well.

For those using the tram. Please be aware that you have to pass through the shopping center itself (and cross the open air parking lot behind it) to get to the Hampton Inn from the "Plaza" tram stop. But the distance needed to walk is a lot shorter than it sounds. However, the center is not open 24 hours; and thus using this tram stop during those closed hours requires one to completely circumvent the perimeter of the mall and come back around (a very long walk). The better option is to use the next tram stop "Arena" near the Decathlon sporting goods store and approach the mall's open parking area from there.
Fanjet - have you ever stayed in the Doubletree side? Can you compare the two? I have a family stay there for 5 nights next June and I'm leaning towards the DT just for the breakfast and lounge access but the cheap side of me is having a hard time giving up the very best redemption opportunity of the Hampton.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by UKOK
Fanjet - have you ever stayed in the Doubletree side? Can you compare the two? I have a family stay there for 5 nights next June and I'm leaning towards the DT just for the breakfast and lounge access but the cheap side of me is having a hard time giving up the very best redemption opportunity of the Hampton.
​​​​​​​If you are going with family keep in mind that you will have to pay for the spa and pool if you stay in the Hampton while it is free if you stay in the DT. Can't remember how expensive it was but it wasn't cheap... Also it might be possible that they have rooms in the DT that can accomodate the whole family making it the cheaper option...?
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Delectatio
​​​​​​​If you are going with family keep in mind that you will have to pay for the spa and pool if you stay in the Hampton while it is free if you stay in the DT. Can't remember how expensive it was but it wasn't cheap... Also it might be possible that they have rooms in the DT that can accomodate the whole family making it the cheaper option...?
Thanks - we won't use the pool and I'll def get two rooms...otherwise it's miserable. I guess it just comes down to breakfast and the lounge. I was considering staying at the Hampton and paying for breakfast at the DT but breakfast is $27 so I may as well just stay there.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by UKOK
Personally, and if redeeming points for the stay, there is no way I would choose the DT over the HI. The morning breakfast is extremely good with lots of variety. Nothing like a HI in the States. But this is true of every HI I've stayed at in Germany and Poland. The DT does have slightly bigger rooms; but at 5k points per night, you can justify getting two rooms.

I really can't see paying a rate premium-- let alone a point premium-- to stay at the DT over the HI. And as far as convenience, there is none. As they sit side-by-side. Although the DT does have a "back entrance" from the mall's open parking lot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.