Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Milton Keynes {GBR} (no longer Honors)

Hilton Milton Keynes {GBR} (no longer Honors)

Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by wizla
No big loss in my opinion, very time I’ve stayed here there have been issues, I rate it as the worst Hilton in the uk.......when they removed the pool and sauna a while back I decided to use the nearby doubletree instead for business in MK.
On the positive note, the doubletree is a decent choice.
Agreed. I only used it to get an additional stay rather than 2 nights ta the Doubletree. I can't see any announcement on Northampton. pretty sure that Blackpool, Milton Keynes and Northampton were all under the same ownership and recently sold. There was a couple of others as well.

Maybe they will all slowly leave once contracts expire.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Agreed. I only used it to get an additional stay rather than 2 nights ta the Doubletree. I can't see any announcement on Northampton. pretty sure that Blackpool, Milton Keynes and Northampton were all under the same ownership and recently sold. There was a couple of others as well.

Maybe they will all slowly leave once contracts expire.
Yes I thought I read that about the other Hilton’s too, after I saw your original post I had a look on Hilton Northampton website......no announcement.

Guess time will tell......shame though if Northampton does go........great breakfast!
MoodyB likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Yes I thought I read that about the other Hilton’s too, after I saw your original post I had a look on Hilton Northampton website......no announcement.

Guess time will tell......shame though if Northampton does go........great breakfast!
indeed - one day our paths will cross.......
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

indeed - one day our paths will cross.......
Yeah...I’d like that mate!......
I always read your reports with interest....... let’s hope so.

I do try to post my planned stays on the meeting thread but I cancel some due to the nature of the music business but yes I’ve met many on here and always a pleasure.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Leaves Hilton on 31st March
Not a great loss from a quality POV at all, but was often a very cheap Hilton night if you were passing that way. Had my last stay a few weeks ago at £39 rate - the "upgraded" room and poor breakfast choice were commensurate with the cost
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mookie10
Not a great loss from a quality POV at all, but was often a very cheap Hilton night if you were passing that way. Had my last stay a few weeks ago at £39 rate - the "upgraded" room and poor breakfast choice were commensurate with the cost
Yeah, it was £29 last night, crazy cheap but I guess this is reflected in the rooms/service
Old Mar 25, 2019, 4:35 am

Northampton wasn’t one of the ones that went to Kew Green last year, however the company that owns Northampton and eight other Hiltons (Leeds, York, EMA, Croydon, Watford, Cobham, Nottingham, Tewksbury) went into administration last year and was subsequently sold on last month.

From what I can see they were bought on behalf of the Dayan family who operate a number of IHG branded properties.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20

Northampton wasn’t one of the ones that went to Kew Green last year, however the company that owns Northampton and eight other Hiltons (Leeds, York, EMA, Croydon, Watford, Cobham, Nottingham, Tewksbury) went into administration last year and was subsequently sold on last month.

From what I can see they were bought on behalf of the Dayan family who operate a number of IHG branded properties.
Ahhhh , ok..... fair enough, didn’t know .
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; BA GGL; Virgin Gold; United Silver; Hilton Dia; IHG Spire; Marriott Tit; Hertz PC
Yeah, it was £29 last night, crazy cheap but I guess this is reflected in the rooms/service
Maybe I didn;t get good value then..!!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Maybe I didn;t get good value then..!!
Ha, it’s very rarely £29, I would say £39 is still a good deal.
If ( you are sad enough like me ) to do a uk search on Hilton’s website on a Sunday afternoon for stays that night you will see some crazy low prices, I also saw Hilton Edinburgh Carlton for £54 !..... .nuts!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:12 pm

Ha, it’s very rarely £29, I would say £39 is still a good deal.
If ( you are sad enough like me ) to do a uk search on Hilton’s website on a Sunday afternoon for stays that night you will see some crazy low prices, I also saw Hilton Edinburgh Carlton for £54 !..... .nuts!
Not quite that sad Wizla , but I do remember £29-£33 rates at the Newbury Hiltons a few years ago that helped keep Diamond cheaply in a lean year
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Not quite that sad Wizla , but I do remember £29-£33 rates at the Newbury Hiltons a few years ago that helped keep Diamond cheaply in a lean year
Haha, thought not......... cheapest I ever saw was for a single room at Hilton Birmingham metropole @ £24 a couple of years back....to be fair Hilton Milton Keynes has alerted been reasonable on price for a mediocre hotel and it was always clean and comfortable, just crap service and nothing worked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.