Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Milton Keynes {GBR} (no longer Honors)

Old Feb 16, 17, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond

I can't believe there is no dedicated thread for this hotel ?

Just to announce this hotel no longer has a swimming pool or sauna anymore......apparently it was demolished before Christmas to make way for a brand new state of the art gym.
I did stay here a couple of times, probably one of the most run down hiltons ive stayed at, only stayed so there could sauna/swim before doing a gig at nearby sno zone......wouldn't recommend.
Old Feb 16, 17, 12:11 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to book a reward stay in MK in April. Do you have any experience of the Doubletree at the stadium?
Old Feb 16, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by navelfluff View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to book a reward stay in MK in April. Do you have any experience of the Doubletree at the stadium?
Hi Navelfluff. I've stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes a number of times and like the hotel. I appreciate the hotel wizla mentions is a different hotel.

I've done a fairly extensive review of the DoubleTree on my blog, including some 360 photos if you are interested. If you have any questions about the DoubleTree let me know and I'll see if I can answer them.

TreehouseTravlr
Old Feb 16, 17, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Also navelfluff I noticed you are Diamond. Just a heads up if you do book the DoubleTree don't complete the online check-in when it opens the morning before your stay. They process the Diamond room upgrades at around 8pm the night before you arrive. Check back after this time and you should see your upgraded room type. If you do use online check-in only complete this after the upgrade has been processed.

TreehouseTravlr
mradey likes this.
Old Feb 16, 17, 2:56 pm

Thanks for both TreehouseTravlr!

For the latter post that's interesting. I have been staying quite at bit at the Doubletree Islington and you have explained something I have seen without actually knowing it. ^
Old Feb 16, 17, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

I've stayed at the doubletree mk twice now and from memory I had two great stays, even upgraded to the presidential suite once......yep solid choice and much better than the old Hilton.
Old Apr 18, 17, 2:46 pm

Thanks all. I'm booked in the Doubletree on Friday & Saturday nights on a points stay. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Apr 18, 17, 4:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Spire Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by wizla View Post
I can't believe there is no dedicated thread for this hotel ?

Just to announce this hotel no longer has a swimming pool or sauna anymore......apparently it was demolished before Christmas to make way for a brand new state of the art gym.
I did stay here a couple of times, probably one of the most run down hiltons ive stayed at, only stayed so there could sauna/swim before doing a gig at nearby sno zone......wouldn't recommend.
i thought there was.

I stay at both the hotels at least once a month.

I actually like both of them ironically. Sure the Hilton is not modern, but the staff make up for it. Shame they have not really improved it very much although it did change hands recently and they have already replaced the lift so maybe investment is being undertaken.

Currently at Northampton and to be honest I would prefer to be at the Hilton at Milton Keynes!!
Old Apr 18, 17, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
i thought there was.

I stay at both the hotels at least once a month.

I actually like both of them ironically. Sure the Hilton is not modern, but the staff make up for it. Shame they have not really improved it very much although it did change hands recently and they have already replaced the lift so maybe investment is being undertaken.

Currently at Northampton and to be honest I would prefer to be at the Hilton at Milton Keynes!!
Really?......and forfeit that nice pool and sauna?.....fair enough I guess but I found the breakfast to be good at Northampton.........I've not stayed at Hilton mk for about 2 years but last time they upgraded me to a suite where literally nothing worked, kettle , tv, iron.....even the phone was dead....had to go down to reception with a list, let's hope it's on the up.
Old Apr 19, 17, 12:42 am

i thought there was.
You are right, there is - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...eynes-gbr.html
Old Apr 19, 17, 12:48 am

Although I booked on points, both the MK properties are ridiculously cheap this weekend (Doubletree 60 / Hilton 57). We are visiting family that are closer to Cambridge than MK, but the Cambridge properties are much more expensive (Doubletree 224 / Hilton 263) with a corresponding difference in points prices too. I think that says a lot about the two cities!
Old Apr 19, 17, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Nope, my first post was about the Hilton, not the doubletree...... I started the thread as there wasn't one ( according to the sticky hotels thread) , I was just surprised I guess, the hotel has been there for years and no dedicated thread?
Old Mar 24, 18, 2:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I really don't know why I stay here!

​​​​​​Very frustrating with so many aspects

Football match at the DoubleTree so little choice.

The only upside is the regular staff (not managerial) who smile and do their best .

I sincerely hope that the new owners dramatically change things or at least ask the regulars what is wrong

Avoid currently is my recommendation

Frank
Old Mar 23, 19, 3:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Leaves Hilton on 31st March
Old Mar 24, 19, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Leaves Hilton on 31st March
No big loss in my opinion, very time Ive stayed here there have been issues, I rate it as the worst Hilton in the uk.......when they removed the pool and sauna a while back I decided to use the nearby doubletree instead for business in MK.
On the positive note, the doubletree is a decent choice.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: