FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Milton Keynes {GBR} (no longer Honors) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1822747-hilton-milton-keynes-gbr-no-longer-honors.html)

wizla Feb 16, 17 8:49 am

Hilton Milton Keynes {GBR} (no longer Honors)
 
I can't believe there is no dedicated thread for this hotel ?

Just to announce this hotel no longer has a swimming pool or sauna anymore......apparently it was demolished before Christmas to make way for a brand new state of the art gym.
I did stay here a couple of times, probably one of the most run down hiltons ive stayed at, only stayed so there could sauna/swim before doing a gig at nearby sno zone......wouldn't recommend.

navelfluff Feb 16, 17 12:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to book a reward stay in MK in April. Do you have any experience of the Doubletree at the stadium?

TreehouseTravlR Feb 16, 17 1:50 pm


Originally Posted by navelfluff (Post 27918423)
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to book a reward stay in MK in April. Do you have any experience of the Doubletree at the stadium?

Hi Navelfluff. I've stayed at the DoubleTree by Hilton Milton Keynes a number of times and like the hotel. I appreciate the hotel wizla mentions is a different hotel.

I've done a fairly extensive review of the DoubleTree on my blog, including some 360 photos if you are interested. If you have any questions about the DoubleTree let me know and I'll see if I can answer them.

TreehouseTravlr

TreehouseTravlR Feb 16, 17 1:56 pm


Originally Posted by navelfluff (Post 27918423)
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to book a reward stay in MK in April. Do you have any experience of the Doubletree at the stadium?

Also navelfluff I noticed you are Diamond. Just a heads up if you do book the DoubleTree don't complete the online check-in when it opens the morning before your stay. They process the Diamond room upgrades at around 8pm the night before you arrive. Check back after this time and you should see your upgraded room type. If you do use online check-in only complete this after the upgrade has been processed.

TreehouseTravlr

navelfluff Feb 16, 17 2:56 pm

Thanks for both TreehouseTravlr!

For the latter post that's interesting. I have been staying quite at bit at the Doubletree Islington and you have explained something I have seen without actually knowing it. ^

wizla Feb 16, 17 4:33 pm

I've stayed at the doubletree mk twice now and from memory I had two great stays, even upgraded to the presidential suite once......yep solid choice and much better than the old Hilton.

navelfluff Apr 18, 17 2:46 pm

Thanks all. I'm booked in the Doubletree on Friday & Saturday nights on a points stay. I'll let you know how it goes.

GentleGiant Apr 18, 17 4:42 pm


Originally Posted by wizla (Post 27917453)
I can't believe there is no dedicated thread for this hotel ?

Just to announce this hotel no longer has a swimming pool or sauna anymore......apparently it was demolished before Christmas to make way for a brand new state of the art gym.
I did stay here a couple of times, probably one of the most run down hiltons ive stayed at, only stayed so there could sauna/swim before doing a gig at nearby sno zone......wouldn't recommend.

i thought there was.

I stay at both the hotels at least once a month.

I actually like both of them ironically. Sure the Hilton is not modern, but the staff make up for it. Shame they have not really improved it very much although it did change hands recently and they have already replaced the lift so maybe investment is being undertaken.

Currently at Northampton and to be honest I would prefer to be at the Hilton at Milton Keynes!!

wizla Apr 18, 17 5:28 pm


Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 28197676)
i thought there was.

I stay at both the hotels at least once a month.

I actually like both of them ironically. Sure the Hilton is not modern, but the staff make up for it. Shame they have not really improved it very much although it did change hands recently and they have already replaced the lift so maybe investment is being undertaken.

Currently at Northampton and to be honest I would prefer to be at the Hilton at Milton Keynes!!

Really?......and forfeit that nice pool and sauna?.....fair enough I guess but I found the breakfast to be good at Northampton.........I've not stayed at Hilton mk for about 2 years but last time they upgraded me to a suite where literally nothing worked, kettle , tv, iron.....even the phone was dead....had to go down to reception with a list, let's hope it's on the up.

navelfluff Apr 19, 17 12:42 am


Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 28197676)
i thought there was.

You are right, there is - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...eynes-gbr.html

navelfluff Apr 19, 17 12:48 am

Although I booked on points, both the MK properties are ridiculously cheap this weekend (Doubletree 60 / Hilton 57). We are visiting family that are closer to Cambridge than MK, but the Cambridge properties are much more expensive (Doubletree 224 / Hilton 263) with a corresponding difference in points prices too. I think that says a lot about the two cities!

wizla Apr 19, 17 7:05 am


Originally Posted by navelfluff (Post 28198974)

Nope, my first post was about the Hilton, not the doubletree...... I started the thread as there wasn't one ( according to the sticky hotels thread) , I was just surprised I guess, the hotel has been there for years and no dedicated thread?

GentleGiant Mar 24, 18 2:14 pm

I really don't know why I stay here!

​​​​​​Very frustrating with so many aspects

Football match at the DoubleTree so little choice.

The only upside is the regular staff (not managerial) who smile and do their best .

I sincerely hope that the new owners dramatically change things or at least ask the regulars what is wrong

Avoid currently is my recommendation

Frank

GentleGiant Mar 23, 19 3:36 pm

Leaves Hilton on 31st March

wizla Mar 24, 19 4:19 am


Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 30921579)
Leaves Hilton on 31st March

No big loss in my opinion, very time Ive stayed here there have been issues, I rate it as the worst Hilton in the uk.......when they removed the pool and sauna a while back I decided to use the nearby doubletree instead for business in MK.
On the positive note, the doubletree is a decent choice.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:06 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.