Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

More Lunacy from Diamond Customer Care

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite

Earlier today, I emailed Diamond Customer Care about the security and certificate issues with the registration page for the 2,000 Bonus Points per Night promotion.

I politely asked that they forward the info to their IT department.

The response I received was as follows:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the promotions. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

It appears that this particular promotion was only available to a targeted group, and we apologize that we are unable to extend this opportunity to anyone outside of that targeted group.

Hilton HHonors runs several promotions throughout the year, so be sure that the email subscriptions in your account profile are up to date so that you can receive our latest promotional offers.
Ultimately, I was able to register for the promotion and took a screenshot of the confirmation page.

However, the auto response from the Diamond Team, and the fact that it was factually false, is embarrassing and unprofessional.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:00 pm

Not reading, comprehending feedbacks and blindly responding (incorrectly) is one of the most unprofessional and damaging act a customer service employee can be guilty of. I am seeing more of these with my own correspondences with Hilton as well. Do they not staff Diamond Desk with their better and more experienced staff?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Absolutely ridiculous. Someone should be pulled off the front line until thoroughly retrained, including remedial reading.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
I have recently emailed the Diamond Desk with a simple question. Five nonsense responses later I have given up.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:27 am

Yes, my experience isn't much better.

The 5k for every five stays which was attached to the now finished triple points when booking with the app promo resulted in several emails telling me I wasn't eligible even though I had screenshots of the offer after registering and had sent them in with the original email.

It took me telling them that the points were to be added within forty eight hours or I would be rolling up at their offices at Cadogan Square in Glasgow for an explanation as to why they had not been added.

Apparently the Customer Service team aren't keen on face to face encounters with customers and the points were rather promptly added.

Should not have been as much hassle though and should not have required half a dozen emails of drivel first.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
My experience with the Diamond desk had been consistently less than stellar as well, to the point where I would rather go through the concierge or club officers at my local Conrad to get anything done.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
It had been a week without a resolution to my issue from the Diamond Desk. I emailed yesterday requesting an update.

Saturday at 4:45pm, I was BCC'd as the Diamond Desk forwarded my request for an update to an internal "internet escalations" team. So now I have the direct email address of the escalations team. Surely this was a mistake.

Oddly, the email subject is marked "spam". No email from the Diamond Desk to me has ever been quarantined in my spam folder, so I'm led to believe that the Diamond Desk marked my email as spam.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
It appears they just hire folks to read from a script, and avoid the cost of training them. The average FT'er knows more then the chat/e-mail/or Diamond Desk phone reps about the HH program it seems to me.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
It appears they just hire folks to read from a script, and avoid the cost of training them. The average FT'er knows more then the chat/e-mail/or Diamond Desk phone reps about the HH program it seems to me.
The sad part is that these days, we'd mostly only be calling them to help resolve complex things that cannot be resolved on the website. And companies are essentially wasting their money even hiring folks and not training them to solve the complex problems.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
I too have have a diamond desk horror story much like the OP.

I hadn't been allocated the correct number of points for a stay, looked like only 1 night's worth rather than the two I stayed, and asked if this could please be looked into. Simple enough request I thought... The first 3 replies were contradictory nonsense that didn't really relate to my request at all, or were down right incorrect. As though they had just been copied from a script. Was finally resolved on the 4th attempt and the agent apologised and thanked me for my perseverance.

Initially I just thought I was unlucky, but judging from this thread it's the status quo, in which case it's so terribly damaging to have such incompetent staff responding to customer complaints.

Oh, and my messages too were marked with **SPAM** , seems they consider anybody replying to their garbage emails as spam..
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
I now email asking for confirmation that I'm registered into specific promotions, so I can point back to them if points don't post. even then, they give me the runaround.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 2:18 am

For over a YEAR I have been requesting my Diamond card be sent to me. Still no card after multiple requests.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by oscarmac
For over a YEAR I have been requesting my Diamond card be sent to me. Still no card after multiple requests.
Why on earth would you need the card, much less waste your time requesting one numerous times?
Old Feb 5, 2017, 3:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I've had two issues with mis-posted points recently.

1. The online chat sorted it out right away when a stay posted as zero points.
2. A missing bonus where the online chat said wait 6-8 weeks - of course it hasn't posted but I've given up
Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by Matthew_22
I too have have a diamond desk horror story much like the OP.

I hadn't been allocated the correct number of points for a stay, looked like only 1 night's worth rather than the two I stayed, and asked if this could please be looked into. Simple enough request I thought... The first 3 replies were contradictory nonsense that didn't really relate to my request at all, or were down right incorrect. As though they had just been copied from a script. Was finally resolved on the 4th attempt and the agent apologised and thanked me for my perseverance.

Initially I just thought I was unlucky, but judging from this thread it's the status quo, in which case it's so terribly damaging to have such incompetent staff responding to customer complaints.

Oh, and my messages too were marked with **SPAM** , seems they consider anybody replying to their garbage emails as spam..
Have also received replies with **SPAM** in the subject

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.