Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Hi all,

Here's the link to the Standard Room Pricing tool I mentioned previously in the thread.

Reach out with any questions.

Thank you!
Lauren
Originally Posted by hugolover
Hi Lauren,

Can you tell us when the highest amounts will change? So when will the Conrad go from 95,000 to 100k or more? Who can change this? Is that still coming from Honors or can the properties change this at will?

Previously you were evaluating this every quarter, can this change overnight? Which in our understanding is stealth increases by taking away the transparency.

A lot of the blogs are quoting the VP as saying it won't change this year, this means an effective "category" freeze for this year right?
I'll begin by confessing that I have not read every post in this thread in detail. So, if I missed an answer to my confusion, I apologize.

How often will the maximum point requirements change for a given property?

I had a 3-day stay booked at the Sydney Hilton less than a month ago. The point cost was 65,000 per night.

I needed to trim one day of the from of that stay, making it a 2-day stay.

When I called the Diamond line, they told me that they would have to cancel the reservation and re-book the two night stay... for something like 180,000 points per night.

When I use the tool at the link above, the current maximum points per night for this property is 70,000.

So, I make a reservation for 65,000 points per night. Two months later, they want 180,000 points per night. Now it is 70,000 points per night, for a "standard" room.

What's going on here?

Just tried to make a booking at the hotel for one month from now. Website is offering 105,000 points per night.

Two months from now: 180,000 points
Three months from now: 154,000 points
Four months from now: 90,000 points
Five months from now: 116,000 points
Six months from now: 99,000 points

Of what value is the tool? And, this new "benefit"?

Am I to assume that the hotel does not have any of their 70,000 point standard rooms available during the next 6 months?

Stretches credulity.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:52 am

There could be many things going on here, but it does not appear that they have changed the maximum point price from 70,000 for a standard room. In the next couple of weeks, you can pay as little as 34,000 points for December 27 or as much as 70,000 for New Years Eve, so the flexible pricing with the same 70,000 cap is still in place and there is a benefit in that you would never have been able to book this hotel for 34,000 points before.
On the other hand, you are right, once you get past the end of January, there is no standard room availability. They could be playing games with availability (in which case, they are also doing the same with cash rooms, but could be reasonably likely), they could have a glitch that standard rooms are not showing up in their inventory (unlikely), they could have actually sold out their standard rooms for months at a time, including winter (very unlikely), or they could have sold off their standard room inventory to a second party (like Expedia, for example). This last one is, in my opinion, the most likely explanation. If that is the case, then as you get closer to the dates you need, standard rooms will likely start to open up as the second party returns them to their inventory.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, HH Diamond
Hampton by Hilton Bursa, Turkey, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)

A christmas present
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:32 am

Both Hampton Inn & Suites and Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston went from 10k to 20K
Old Dec 28, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by paul00
More unannounced devaluations which I've just added to the wiki – 3 properties in China (Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, Hilton Garden Inn Dandong and DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun) have moved from Category 1 (max 5,000 points) to Category 2 (max 10,000 points).
I think that’s the response to 2018 Q1 promotion since award stay counts.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
These additional two properties are no longer cat 1's anymore. Shenzhen Nanhai used to cost between 26-34k. Now ranges from 36-50k. It's a bloodbath in China right now
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:27 am

Hello,

according to onemileatatime there is news about breakfast at WA?

Starting January 1, 2018, all Waldorf Astoria properties will offer complimentary continental breakfast or an equivalent food & beverage credit to all Gold and Diamond members (and one guest) as part of a MyWay benefit option

Can this be confirmed officially? I dont find it in my MyWay Options yet?

Looks like this has been posted by Lauren on Flyertalk.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 7:21 am
cjd

Originally Posted by kevinhd
Hello,

according to onemileatatime there is news about breakfast at WA?

Starting January 1, 2018, all Waldorf Astoria properties will offer complimentary continental breakfast or an equivalent food & beverage credit to all Gold and Diamond members (and one guest) as part of a MyWay benefit option

Can this be confirmed officially? I dont find it in my MyWay Options yet?

Looks like this has been posted by Lauren on Flyertalk.
Yes, Lauren announced the official new benefit at the end of December. See:
Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

The Hilton Honors terms and conditions have now been amended and include this benefit for under the MyWay benefits for Gold and Diamond members.
kevinhd likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:25 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

A standard room reward at Hilton Kota Kinabalu has doubled (10,000 points to 20,000 points). I've added this to the wiki.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:49 pm

Conrad Macao has gone from 40k max to 50k max
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by Redwoodw
Conrad Macao has gone from 40k max to 50k max
i think we all knew that when they "eliminated" categories, that really just means devaluations without having to notify.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
i think we all knew that when they "eliminated" categories, that really just means devaluations without having to notify.
When they eliminated categories, the announcements were still being released to members about hotel levels increasing/decreasing. With the public releases being discontinued as well, we're now seeing the devaluation come full circle. What was once yearly releases of hotels changing categories, became quarterly and now it seems to be happening every other week. Hilton seems to be completely dismantling CAT 1/2 levels and I expect with-in at least 3 years, for CAT 3 to be the new standard low for any Hilton property.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
When they eliminated categories, the announcements were still being released to members about hotel levels increasing/decreasing. With the public releases being discontinued as well, we're now seeing the devaluation come full circle. What was once yearly releases of hotels changing categories, became quarterly and now it seems to be happening every other week. Hilton seems to be completely dismantling CAT 1/2 levels and I expect with-in at least 3 years, for CAT 3 to be the new standard low for any Hilton property.
It's pretty much a given that Hilton is easing into a system where a point has a fixed redemption value of ~1/3˘. The days of bangin' redemptions got their death sentence the moment categories went away, as was discussed extensively on FT at the time.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by tjs10
I had a similar situation with a recent stay. My Base Honors points tracked but not the Avios or the 2K bonus avios.

So far I have had 2x live web chats and a 40 minute phone call to CS. I have so far received two different letters from CS stating that, as my stay was a reward stay it was not eligible for points or miles.

However this is contrary to Hilton's own T&Cs which state (under Hotel Reward Stays, para 15) that:

15. Members will earn Points (and miles if Earning Style Option selection is for miles) for combined Points and money Reward Stays on any money spent on eligible folio charges at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts Hotels, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn® and Hilton Grand Vacations®. Members will earn Points (and miles) for incidental charges only for full Points Reward Stays at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts Hotels, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn® and Hilton Grand Vacations®. Members will not earn Points (or miles) for incidental charges during any Reward Stay at a Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel.

(my bold emphasis)

Seems pretty clear to me that there should be points and miles earned, plus being eligible for any active bonus promotions. I'm waiting for their response to my latest enquiry which included a copy of their own T&Cs as above.
Seems the T&C is clear however the diamond desk just replied to an email I sent saying no miles (only points) are awarded on points & money reward stays. This seems to be in conflict with the mentioned article?

Anyone has other experience?
@HonorsRepresentative, Lauren would you have any feedback?

Thanks
Globalist
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Globalist

Seems the T&C is clear however the diamond desk just replied to an email I sent saying no miles (only points) are awarded on points & money reward stays. This seems to be in conflict with the mentioned article?

Anyone has other experience?
@HonorsRepresentative, Lauren would you have any feedback?

Thanks
Globalist
The ability to earn miles on any booking is going away soon, so the noted clause in the terms and conditions is, or will soon be, obsolete.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.