Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 7, 18, 11:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: paul00
Wiki Link
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative View Post
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 16, 17, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Are you taking into account that if you're a diamond member you get 4X points on the cash outlay, which you didn't under the old scheme?
Old Aug 16, 17, 9:57 am
duo

Cash outlay was significantly less before and whilst you now get points on the cash outlay they're worth far less than before. Plus it doesn't explain why the Reward night has gone from 50,000 points to 68,000 (and that's the cheapest).
Old Aug 17, 17, 12:03 pm
duo

Originally Posted by jsn55 View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Lauren. I am LOVING the points & cash program. I travel for business and pleasure, so it allows me much greater freedom booking high-end properties.
Seriously I would love to know what there is to like about the new system?

Hilton for me have basically pulled the rug from those of us who have been loyal to them for years. Then they 'wrap' it up in a bow and say it's improved - ridiculous.
chrism20, hurnik and jacobguo like this.
Old Aug 17, 17, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by duo View Post

Hilton for me have basically pulled the rug from those of us who have been loyal to them for years. Then they 'wrap' it up in a bow and say it's improved - ridiculous.
+1 As an HGVC I can roll my points into HH at a 50 to 1 rate and even at that it is just not worth it. HGVC members basically now know it is probably the worst way to convert your points now. A total joke as far as value.
Old Aug 19, 17, 6:52 am

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, CCarlson Gold, VirginAtl Silver
Originally Posted by duo View Post

What's to like about the new system? Just what I said, Points & Cash. Sorry about your rug disappearing.
Old Aug 23, 17, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered already but if I pay for a room with points and money, for example £70 plus 6,000 points, do I still earn points on this? Similar to how BA works with their part-pay avios option!?

Or not?

Thanks,
Old Aug 23, 17, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been covered already but if I pay for a room with points and money, for example £70 plus 6,000 points, do I still earn points on this? Similar to how BA works with their part-pay avios option!?

Or not?

Thanks,
If you reserved under the new scheme, yes. If you reserved under the old scheme, no.
Old Aug 23, 17, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
If you reserved under the new scheme, yes. If you reserved under the old scheme, no.
Ok, thanks, for further clarification whats defined as new and old?

I booked a room this month with points and money but have not been credited with any points at all. 0 points earned. 0 miles earned.
Old Aug 23, 17, 9:11 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Ok, thanks, for further clarification whats defined as new and old?

I booked a room this month with points and money but have not been credited with any points at all. 0 points earned. 0 miles earned.
When you say you booked a room this month, do you mean that you made the booking this month or that you stayed this month?

I believe the changes came in on 1 March and it's the date of booking, not the date of travel that counts.
Old Aug 23, 17, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
When you say you booked a room this month, do you mean that you made the booking this month or that you stayed this month?

I believe the changes came in on 1 March and it's the date of booking, not the date of travel that counts.
Sorry, (I should be more specific) I booked this month and stayed this month using points and money but says 0 points earned. 0 miles earned.

It's linked to my BA account and I signed up for the 10K avios offer for 5 stays.
Old Aug 25, 17, 12:02 am

Sorry, (I should be more specific) I booked this month and stayed this month using points and money but says 0 points earned. 0 miles earned.

It's linked to my BA account and I signed up for the 10K avios offer for 5 stays.
I had a similar situation with a recent stay. My Base Honors points tracked but not the Avios or the 2K bonus avios.

So far I have had 2x live web chats and a 40 minute phone call to CS. I have so far received two different letters from CS stating that, as my stay was a reward stay it was not eligible for points or miles.

However this is contrary to Hilton's own T&Cs which state (under Hotel Reward Stays, para 15) that:

15. Members will earn Points (and miles if Earning Style Option selection is for miles) for combined Points and money Reward Stays on any money spent on eligible folio charges at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts Hotels, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn® and Hilton Grand Vacations®. Members will earn Points (and miles) for incidental charges only for full Points Reward Stays at Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts Hotels, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Canopy™ by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn® and Hilton Grand Vacations®. Members will not earn Points (or miles) for incidental charges during any Reward Stay at a Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel.

(my bold emphasis)

Seems pretty clear to me that there should be points and miles earned, plus being eligible for any active bonus promotions. I'm waiting for their response to my latest enquiry which included a copy of their own T&Cs as above.
Old Sep 4, 17, 9:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.
@HonorsRepresentative: please could you clarify the situation regarding the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua. When it opened a few months ago in June 2017, the hotel was a Category 2 property (maximum 10,000 points required for a standard room reward). Without any prior notice, last week it changed to Category 3 (double the points required – 20,000 – for a standard room reward).
Old Sep 4, 17, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hi all,

Or not?

Thanks,
The 70 quid accrue base points, just as though you booked an actual room at that rate.
Old Sep 4, 17, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by paul00 View Post
@HonorsRepresentative: please could you clarify the situation regarding the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua. When it opened a few months ago in June 2017, the hotel was a Category 2 property (maximum 10,000 points required for a standard room reward). Without any prior notice, last week it changed to Category 3 (double the points required – 20,000 – for a standard room reward).
FYI, HHRep updated us on a few similar increases in June and expressly stated that future maximum point costs would not be announced in advance:

we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward
Old Sep 8, 17, 7:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by beltway View Post
FYI, HHRep updated us on a few similar increases in June and expressly stated that future maximum point costs would not be announced in advance:
I do think it is regrettable that Hilton Honors will no longer announce changes to the maximum number of points needed for standard room awards. It's hard to see how Hilton Honors can claim that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points' when changes can be made without any advance warning (or even any announcement at the change comes into effect).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: