Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
I think your confusing yourself somewhere. All Gold/Diamonds and one guest are entitled to breakfast at all properties except Waldorf's, because it is a published benefit of the Honors program. This is irregardless if the stay is paid or award.

Properties may go above and beyond and allow kids to eat free or allow the entire party to access the Executive Lounge for breakfast if the hotel has one, but they are not required too.

A lot of hotels has bed and breakfast rates that include breakfast for 2 adults + 2 children. This is an entirely different thing and only matters if you don't have status with Hilton. This would be the rate where if you are on a award stay you can't really book it. I believe this is what you keep referring too.
I think I know where lg10 was going, and this is probably only a "tricky" issue in locations where Hilton has decided that almost all - but not quite all - paid rates will come with breakfast. Maybe in that country, that's the norm for a full-service hotel: it's a room plus breakfast. Seems odd to think of Hilton this way, but I've stayed in lots of small/midsized boutiques in various countries in Europe where the breakfast-included rate was the most-common rate booked.

But...the concept of a room-only reservation also exists, and the hotel thus feels the need to point out that the award reservation is room-only. This still should not affect a Gold or Diamond member, as the benefits (not the room rate) bring breakfast. But, I can see the confusion, and I can see hotels handling this a bunch of different ways, from incorrectly not allowing Gold/Diamonds to have anything (unkind!!) to granting breakfast to everyone regardless of status (kind!!).
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Yes thank you @pinniped! It is further complicated by the fact that one of the hotels I'm considering is indeed the WA in Jerusalem, where all paid rates seem to include breakfast and where gold members are by definition not given breakfast as opposed to other HH properties.

Originally Posted by pinniped
I think I know where lg10 was going, and this is probably only a "tricky" issue in locations where Hilton has decided that almost all - but not quite all - paid rates will come with breakfast. Maybe in that country, that's the norm for a full-service hotel: it's a room plus breakfast. Seems odd to think of Hilton this way, but I've stayed in lots of small/midsized boutiques in various countries in Europe where the breakfast-included rate was the most-common rate booked.

But...the concept of a room-only reservation also exists, and the hotel thus feels the need to point out that the award reservation is room-only. This still should not affect a Gold or Diamond member, as the benefits (not the room rate) bring breakfast. But, I can see the confusion, and I can see hotels handling this a bunch of different ways, from incorrectly not allowing Gold/Diamonds to have anything (unkind!!) to granting breakfast to everyone regardless of status (kind!!).
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by lg10
Yes thank you @pinniped! It is further complicated by the fact that one of the hotels I'm considering is indeed the WA in Jerusalem, where all paid rates seem to include breakfast and where gold members are by definition not given breakfast as opposed to other HH properties.
http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...its/index.html

Well, unfortunately, for Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, neither Gold nor Diamond are given breakfast as a stated benefit.

GOLD
Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or one in-room movie1 per stay
DIAMOND
Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts
Space-available upgrade to a preferred room
Choice of two among the following: 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay; one in-room movie1 per stay; or a spa, golf or restaurant discount, as designated by the property
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:56 pm

Here's a table of Breakfast by Status / Property (Brands).
In short, getting breakfast because of status are only for
- Conrad
- Curio
- Hilton
- DoubleTree
- Hilton Garden Inn

Breakfast NOT granted due to status but instead by package booked or property standards (e.g. Hampton)
- Waldorf
- Canopy
- Embassy Suites
- Hampton
- Homewood
- Home2
- Hilton Grand Vacations
Attached Images  
Old Feb 28, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
It is sad to see how narrow the gap is between Diamond and Gold spelled out so explicitly. I still the Diamond is worth it for high end European and Asian properties but that is it.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Thanks, guys - so my question still remains - if I use C+P for the WA (and I'm gold, though I understand the WA rules mean this isn't necessarily relevant) and the room type is always breakfast-included in Israel except via points, what the heck will happen re breakfast.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
if the room type includes breakfast then that is what you will get irrespective of how you pay.

Same way that if you book an executive room at other hotels, you get access to the lounge irrespective of method of payment or status.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
1. More flexible Points & MoneyStarting in late February, Hilton Honors members can use a flexible payment slider to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to pay for their stay, any time, with no blackout dates. Members can still opt to use all Points on award stays and elite members can continue to enjoy the popular 5th Night Free benefit.

Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
[bolding mine]
We are now on the last day in February (at least according to my calendar ), and no sign of the points slider. There are still 17 hours left to go in my time zone. When told late February, I didn't think it meant to the last second...
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Going live tonight
Old Feb 28, 2017, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
We are now on the last day in February (at least according to my calendar ), and no sign of the points slider. There are still 17 hours left to go in my time zone. When told late February, I didn't think it meant to the last second...
its being done overnight tonight, was announced in a post about a week ago.

There is a maintenance notice on on the website/app as well.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I'm trying to use hilton.com right now, and the old points redemptions all appear to be gone, but the new ones aren't there, so for now we are unable to book a stay using points.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 8:27 pm

There is a message at the top of the webpage and also shown in the app (at least for me) reading:

Parts of our reservation system will be offline between 8:30 PM CST Tuesday, February 28 and 4:00 AM CST Wednesday, March 1 for planned maintenance.

During this time, Hilton Honors members will not be able to redeem points. Member account information will still be available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Presumably you'll be able to redeem after 4.00am CT
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:29 pm

I see huge slider already-Hampton I stayed at for 5K now is 30K.
same cash price-$40-$50.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:48 am

I made two last minute bookings yesterday evening

Hampton Liverpool Airport
yesterday: @28.29 + 4,000 points
today: £38.30 + 5,000 points

Hilton Manchester Airport
yesterday: £32.91 + 12,000 points
today: £86.76 + 12,000 points

Furthermore, it seems like it is only possible to use increments of 1,000
and not less than 5,000 points.

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Mar 1, 2017 at 6:06 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:58 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Following up to my previous post from last week, wanted to quickly share that the new Points & Money is officially live and ready for your bookings!

Three quick things I wanted to call out as an FYI to everyone.

First, now that Points & Money is up and running, the best place to see the awards pricing is by searching for hotels and dates on the Hilton Honors website or Hilton Honors app. In the meantime, you can still use the pricing tool to see previous categories and price ranges.

Second, our testing team has discovered an issue on the “Flexible Dates” award calendar. It currently shows Premium Rewards and select Standard Rooms, but not all. The team is working hard to correct this and will add Standard Rooms to the calendar as quickly as possible over the coming weeks. You can still see the full list of Standard Rewards on the main booking page showing room types and rates.

Lastly, if you had previously booked an all Points reservation and you sign into your account today, you might notice that there’s a cash component now linked to the booking. This is just a technical glitch with the updated system and will be corrected later today.

Please let me know if you have questions!

Thank you!
Lauren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.