Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

AXON awards discontinued February 15, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AXON awards discontinued February 15, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by MSPSKI
Took 10+ phone calls for me to figure out i was in some purgatory of overseas call centers with the 1-800 hiltons number. Googled "axon award phone number" and was given 1-800-920-5649.
As noted explicitly in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16556311-post11.html
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
No issues booking an AXON on Sunday. Just called Diamond number, as normal.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by beltway

Ahh; i see. Well darn. Clearly this is a known issue; but i don't see the phone number referenced in the thread linked.

I was in the car driving and honestly didn't think i would run into any issues and didn't bother to do any research at all... FTer fail.

Im not much of hilton guy so I have not been following closely; only recently loaded up on all the CC and with 300k points to burn i thought i better get in under the wire.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by MSPSKI
Ahh; i see. Well darn. Clearly this is a known issue; but i don't see the phone number referenced in the thread linked.
Listed in the first quote box, which I demoted from main text to appendix/historical note after AXON was axed. (I'm not bothering to undo the recent formatting changes for 3 weeks and then redo them again--thus the highlighted text at the top of the post.)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
AXON

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
I called the Diamond desk this morning to book an AXON award. The representative had no idea what I was talking about and told me they've been discontinued. She checked with her supervisor who said the same thing. She said their system didn't show that they could book AXON. Neither she nor her supervisor knew anything about the award supposedly being back temporarily. Has anyone else tried?

Thank you to Lauren, the HHonors Rep, for getting my AXON booked!!
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is this booked by Feb 15 or stay and booking by Feb 15?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Booked by Feb 15. The one I just booked is for an October stay.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Booked by Feb 15. The one I just booked is for an October stay.
Good news thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Hi Lauren,

Once I booked a cat. 10 AXON award, after 2/15/17 and within 12-month of the award issuance date, can I cancel the original booking but keep the AXON and apply it to a different cat. 10 property? Thanks.

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

AXON Awards will be bookable through February 15, 2017. The system was updated today and reservations can now be processed. If you have any questions, please PM me with the details of your request.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Feb 9, 2017, 11:12 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by rdchen
Hi Lauren,

Once I booked a cat. 10 AXON award, after 2/15/17 and within 12-month of the award issuance date, can I cancel the original booking but keep the AXON and apply it to a different cat. 10 property? Thanks.
Hi rdchen,

Thanks for posting your question. Any changes to an AXON booking must be made before February 15, 2017.

Thank you,
Lauren
Old Feb 9, 2017, 12:38 pm

Any changes to an AXON booking must be made before February 15, 2017.
Lauren, your earlier post stated that AXON would be available through Feb. 15. Can you please clarify which info is correct?
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:45 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

You can book AXON through February 15, 2017. Any changes made to those bookings must be made by February 15, as well. After February 15, no changes can be made to AXON reservations.

Thanks,
Lauren
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Thank you for the reply Lauren. I can still cancel and get the points back after 2/15, correct?

Hi rdchen,

Thanks for posting your question. Any changes to an AXON booking must be made before February 15, 2017.

Thank you,
Lauren
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Thumbs down When do AXON reward certificates Expire?

Hi all,

You can book AXON through February 15, 2017. Any changes made to those bookings must be made by February 15, as well. After February 15, no changes can be made to AXON reservations.

Thanks,
Lauren
Spent a frustrating morning trying to make an AXON booking for a Cat 8 4 night stay (220,000) points in June.

Agent 1: Never heard of AXON
Supervisor 2: You have to be a Diamond member & transferred me to Diamond desk.
Agent 3, 4 and Multiple Supervisors: Program expires on Feb 15, and reward certificates have to be used by then. They even put me on hold forever while they phoned Amex who confirmed the program expired on Feb 15.
Agent 5: When I phoned back and insisted the Feb 15 deadline was only for bookings, the agent did make an AXON reservation & took 220,000 points.

However, the reservation still says 280,000 points are due (4 x 70,000 standard award) and multiple Diamond Desk staff have said they don't know if the hotel will honor the AXON award, or if they will want to collect an extra 60,000 points.

If there's a risk of having the AXON certificate denied or the chance of having a problem with it in June, I'd rather cancel the reservation.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Have sent a PM to Lauren but no reply yet.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiBrit
Agent 1: Never heard of AXON
Supervisor 2: You have to be a Diamond member & transferred me to Diamond desk.
Always call the Diamond Desk directly (as noted in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16556311-post11.html).

Agent 5: When I phoned back and insisted the Feb 15 deadline was only for bookings, the agent did make an AXON reservation & took 220,000 points.

However, the reservation still says 280,000 points are due (4 x 70,000 standard award) and multiple Diamond Desk staff have said they don't know if the hotel will honor the AXON award, or if they will want to collect an extra 60,000 points.

If there's a risk of having the AXON certificate denied or the chance of having a problem with it in June, I'd rather cancel the reservation.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?
IIRC, this weird behavior has always existed for AXON awards but been safely ignored (i.e., the award is honored). Any discussion would be in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html

EDIT: Yep, see the example at this series of posts.

Last edited by beltway; Feb 10, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.