Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Toiletries at Doubletree: Change of vendor?

Old Jan 8, 17, 9:17 am
Original Poster

A couple of years ago, Doubletree switched to Aromatherapy Associates. I didn't like the stuff so given alternatives I'd stay elsewhere. Recently I stayed at a Doubletree. The guest room I was in was stocked with Crabtree and Evelyn products (not Citron, which was supplied before the switch, but a new line). The housekeeping cart had both Crabtree and Evelyn and Aromatherapy toiletries. Is Doubletree switching over to Crabtree and Evelyn again? There's been no announcement from corporate that I am aware of (the way they launched Aromatherapy Associates). Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 17, 9:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Which doubletree were you staying at?
Old Jan 8, 17, 12:38 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
I noticed the change last week. When I stayed at DoubleTree in Downtown Boston it was some unknown brand (didn't pay attention) but at the DoubleTree in Miami Biscayne Bay the products were indeed Crabtree & Evelyn.
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Our DoubleTree by Hilton experiences so far in regards to their bathroom amenities includes:

As far as we know DoubleTree By Hilton offers Aroma Actives Essentials.

DoubleTree by Hilton before the switch to Aroma Actives Essentials offered Crabtree & Evelyn Citron.

=====

Conrad Hotels offers Aromatherapy Associates as standard in their bathrooms as far our experiences go with this luxury brand by Hilton.

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Last edited by uggboy; Jan 8, 17 at 3:54 pm Reason: Clarity
Old Jan 8, 17, 1:28 pm

Yes, I have seen a change to C&E in some properties. I do not know whether it is a brand-wide change, something regional/geographically-driven, or a matter of individual property choice.
Old Jan 8, 17, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had two DT stays in the last couple of weeks and the toiletries were Aroma Actives Essentials. Aroma Actives was founded by the same creator/founder as Aromatherapy Associates. I don't know if there is some related corporate ownership.
Old Jan 8, 17, 2:45 pm
Mul

3 DoubleTree in Rosemead, Orange and San Bernardino, they're all using Crabtree & Evelyn
Old Jan 8, 17, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta
I noticed the switch last week. I always thought the Aroma Actives Essentials stuff smelled like the White Tea scent they use at Westin properties, which always seemed strange to me.
Old Jan 8, 17, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I really hated the Aroma Actives so I was very pleasantly surprised to see Crabtree & Evelyn reemerge.
Old Jan 8, 17, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
I had two DT stays in the last couple of weeks and the toiletries were Aroma Actives Essentials. Aroma Actives was founded by the same creator/founder as Aromatherapy Associates. I don't know if there is some related corporate ownership.
I am really surprised to hear that as I rather like the Aromatherapy Associates at Conrad and have utterly despised the Aroma Actives at Doubletree.
Old Jan 8, 17, 6:43 pm
jxd

Programs: HHonors gold
Originally Posted by Miesque View Post
I am really surprised to hear that as I rather like the Aromatherapy Associates at Conrad and have utterly despised the Aroma Actives at Doubletree.
This.

The change to crabtree and evelyn is a pleasant surprise.
Old Jan 8, 17, 7:43 pm

If we are talking about amenities more generally, then while I like the high-end and uniquely-scented stuff at the fancy places for novelty's sake, frankly I would be happy if DT (and Hilton, and the other mid-range brands...) went over to Neutrogena. Very usable on a daily basis, a recognizable brand, and inoffensive in scent. This is one of several areas where Hampton IMO does it better than a lot of the brands positioned as more upscale.
Old Jan 8, 17, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
If we are talking about amenities more generally, then while I like the high-end and uniquely-scented stuff at the fancy places for novelty's sake, frankly I would be happy if DT (and Hilton, and the other mid-range brands...) went over to Neutrogena. Very usable on a daily basis, a recognizable brand, and inoffensive in scent. This is one of several areas where Hampton IMO does it better than a lot of the brands positioned as more upscale.
Neutrogena is very reliable and seems to rotate around the various Hilton brands (currently at Hilton Garden, Hampton, Homewood Suites). I like Peter Thomas Roth (although the conditioner becoming increasingly small sized is annoying). The Ferragamo at Waldorf is definitely overrated, not an adequate size with a smell that not everyone is going to appreciate. Crabtree & Evelyn (along with Gilchrest & Soames which not currently at Hilton properties) I have found to be good boutiqueie toiletries.
Old Jan 9, 17, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Conditioner size of Thomas Roth is ridiculous, I have to ask for two as I have long hair.

BTW, Hilton Salalah is either switching to brand called Eros (Made in China) or they are running short on Thomas Roth. My male maid is leaving me Thomas Roth as I told him I don't want the other brand.
Old Jan 9, 17, 10:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz 5-star, National Emerald Executive
Every DT I've stayed at has C&E for soaps. Never even heard of Aromatherapy Associates.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: