Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Is a lounge breakfast an option now? When we were there a year ago, breakfast was only available in the restaurant (the lounge itself was open during those hours just nothing put out).
When we stayed at Conrad Osaka, staff constantly pressured us to take breakfast in the lounge as the restaurant was too crowded and had a wait. I guess if the hotel is at low occupancy, they don't do even breakfast in the lounge?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National

View from city view room. Faces north and you can see the outskirts of Kobe.

King executive room with tub and shower. There are sliding doors that fully enclose the bathroom.

Couch/chaise lounge

Control panel

TV, minibar, and closets

Restroom. You may miss this since its right by the entrance.

Diamond welcome treats

Afternoon tea selection

Chandelier at the first floor lobby

On of the art installations as you walk in the lobby

Crystal curtains near the lounge/lobby area. At night, they have a live band playing in this space.

Close up of crystal curtains

This is literally the view after you step out of the elevator on the 40th floor.
goodtasting and Sinter like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:21 am

Just stayed for a one night stay a couple of nights ago. One thing I noticed was the international make-up of the staff. I would say 30-40% of the staff I encountered were non-Japanese. They were both comfortable with English and Japanese. Level of service was pretty attentive. At check-in, I inquired about upgrades and was given a king exec city view. The exec lounge got busy but not at Conrad Tokyo or Hilton Tokyo level. However I was only there at the start of cocktail hour and stayed only for only 20 min. For breakfast, we decided to go to Atmos, which is their main restaurant. At check-in at Atmos, I noticed forms designating the type of breakfast a guest was entitled: gold, diamond, and two other categories I can't recall. Diamonds are given access to the buffet as well as a choice from the made to order menu. The only items requiring an extra charge was seared lobster. At 500 yen, I was tempted to get it. Comparing to Conrad Tokyo and Seoul, their main restaurant breakfast was not as extensive but the quality is the same or bit higher, IMHO. There was a person going between the tables offerring mini chocolate souffles during my breakfast experience. If you like views, this has the best among the Conrads (Singapore, NYC, Seoul, Tokyo, Manila, HK) I've visited. Stepping out of the elevator was quite the experience.
HawaiiO, goodtasting and BiggieWu like this.

Last edited by Gradfly; Jan 4, 2019 at 6:21 am Reason: Grammar
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:25 am

Is a lounge breakfast an option now? When we were there a year ago, breakfast was only available in the restaurant (the lounge itself was open during those hours just nothing put out).
Lounge breakfast is an option now, based on the welcome letter I received.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

I stayed there in 2017 about 6 days after they opened and the lounge breakfast was excellent, I was also the only person in there both mornings for the hour or so that I was there eating and working, so potentially they discontinued for a time due to low demand, and are now restarting?

Last edited by lsuswim; Jan 4, 2019 at 6:42 am Reason: Date correction
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by lsuswim

I stayed there in 2017 about 6 days after they opened and the lounge breakfast was excellent, I was also the only person in there both mornings for the hour or so that I was there eating and working, so potentially they discontinued for a time due to low demand, and are now restarting?
That sounds likely. Both the restaurant in the morning and the lounge at night were uncrowded during our stay.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Stayed for a few days starting with New Years. Lounge was packed during the evenings. Was able to upgrade to the corner room as a Diamond my previous stays but I think those executive rooms were sold out.

Staff is excellent as always but they've switched to a cheaper pair of slippers and no longer have bath salts in the amenity drawers.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by triplefives
After staying here, I've found the most convenient option to get Umeda (Osaka Station) would be the bus. The stop is literally in front of the hotel and there's a bus that stops on the perpendicular street which is where taxis would enter the hotels anyways.
i just walk it. its ard 10 minutes... and if it’s too hot, theres the entrance to the underground city shortly after you pass the european pub/cafe on the other side of the channel
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Stayed for a few days starting with New Years. Lounge was packed during the evenings. Was able to upgrade to the corner room as a Diamond my previous stays but I think those executive rooms were sold out.

Staff is excellent as always but they've switched to a cheaper pair of slippers and no longer have bath salts in the amenity drawers.
i figured the same for the last 2 issues. but the new slippers now last longer in a comfy state than the old one- used it 4 extra days in osaka and i took it home now and am using it.

Originally Posted by Gradfly
Just stayed for a one night stay a couple of nights ago. One thing I noticed was the international make-up of the staff. I would say 30-40% of the staff I encountered were non-Japanese. They were both comfortable with English and Japanese. Level of service was pretty attentive. At check-in, I inquired about upgrades and was given a king exec city view. The exec lounge got busy but not at Conrad Tokyo or Hilton Tokyo level. However I was only there at the start of cocktail hour and stayed only for only 20 min. For breakfast, we decided to go to Atmos, which is their main restaurant. At check-in at Atmos, I noticed forms designating the type of breakfast a guest was entitled: gold, diamond, and two other categories I can't recall. Diamonds are given access to the buffet as well as a choice from the made to order menu. The only items requiring an extra charge was seared lobster. At 500 yen, I was tempted to get it. Comparing to Conrad Tokyo and Seoul, their main restaurant breakfast was not as extensive but the quality is the same or bit higher, IMHO. There was a person going between the tables offerring mini chocolate souffles during my breakfast experience. If you like views, this has the best among the Conrads (Singapore, NYC, Seoul, Tokyo, Manila, HK) I've visited. Stepping out of the elevator was quite the experience.
the 500 yen charge was placed some time in the last “few” months. (it was free in july 2018) it was good so i was happy to pay for it last week. but i think the breakfast here was better than tokyo that i had in january.

when i was there last week, yes. and they have lots of the options available from the restaurant too.
In my last 2 stays the queue at the restaurant was so bad... much better this time round.

Last edited by kaka; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by narsil
@Ross0 Thanks a bunch for the comparison you posted on the Conrad Tokyo FT thread. I came here looking exactly for something like that as I plan on spending a night or two at the Conrad Osaka and then on to the Conrad Tokyo as well (also HH Diamond).

To summarize, your opinion is that the breakfast at the Conrad Osaka is a better experience, and the rooms are more modern. If you were to return, would you prefer the Conrad Osaka based on your experience and the room upgrade provided?

Any other thoughts you have on how the hotels compare?
this is what i would do- except if the points hike is permanent...

Originally Posted by Ross0
Breakfast: I found the breakfast offerings comparable, but Conrad Tokyo had a few more Japanese and Chinese food options that weren't present in Conrad Osaka. Conrad O wins in the staff category (F&B manager JD was awesome). My sample size and time of year may not be representative, but based on my visits, Conrad O wins on overall experience as Conrad T just could not handle the crowds.

Hard Product: Conrad O trumps Conrad T. Conrad O is newer, more modern, better shape/condition. Premium view room at Conrad O was significantly larger than Exec room at Conrad T. Osaka room features were superior. I thought the public areas of Conrad O (e.g., restaurant spaces, lobby, spa/fitness center/locker rooms etc.) were far superior to Conrad T.
I very much agree with you after a few stays. After your comments on the F&B Manager I understand why one of their staff was particularly bright - On our very first stay we pretty much missed breakfast, he singlehandedly got us the buffet onto our table without expectations we could finish it (it was impossible, i didnt even try). on the 3rd stay he got promoted but he still comes round to greet us every time we stayed.

Last edited by kaka; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:23 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gradfly

King executive room with tub and shower. There are sliding doors that fully enclose the bathroom.
the twin exec corner is cooler. ill leave it as a secret as to why that ones cooler cuz i dont have a photo.

BTW another thing to add - the duckie isnt there. they ran out of stock and have sourcing issues.....

Last edited by kaka; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:15 pm
Suspended

As saaveraward mentioned, the limo bus is the consensus best method and then a taxi/walk. The nankai train + taxi combo will probably take you the same amount of time but be slightly more expensive.

Osaka Sta./Chayamachi/Shin Umeda City/Shin-Osaka/Senri Newtown/Senrichuo Time table/Fares [Official] Kansai International Airport Limousine Bus/ Time Table/ Bus Stop/ Fare/ Route List (Kansai Airport Transportation Enterprise)
i took nankai local + metro (plus a 10 minute walk in namba)... this would be the same time as limo bus + walk. but i didnt want to walk outside with the luggage.
i reckon nankai rapidt + taxi would set you back 1300yen for the train and 1500 for the taxi. the taxi can probably shave 10 minutes off and the rapidt would greatly depend on how long do you have to wait for one. If you have just missed a rapidt you will just be faster than the local train by minutes after waiting for one.

if one takes a taxi at umeda after limo... it might take you slightly longer because of the detour. AND i dont like the bus, it's too warm and prone to traffic (I still take it if I go to the IC tho, because of the short walk and the Osaka loop line is SLOWWWWW).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
struggling with award availability again...no standard award on april 13..
Just gonna insert my complain here lol

Question: Why is this hotel selling standard rooms on OTA but not on Hilton.com? are they allowed to do that?!

Last edited by xmzzn123; Mar 11, 2019 at 6:59 pm Reason: question
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:46 pm

Conrad Osaka - Switching point stay for certificate?

Hi. I would like to see if someone has any experience in canceling award nights at the Conrad Osaka that was paid via points. I have a booking for 1 night from March 31 - April 1 that cost me 95,000 HH. I just received my free night certificate from my Aspire card. Can I call up Hilton and ask to use the certificate and have my points returned? Do I need to cancel the room first? The hotel seems to be sold out that night as well... TIA!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kaka
if one takes a taxi at umeda after limo... it might take you slightly longer because of the detour. AND i dont like the bus, it's too warm and prone to traffic (I still take it if I go to the IC tho, because of the short walk and the Osaka loop line is SLOWWWWW).
yep, the taxi does have to detour a bit due to one way streets to get to the conrad - around 1200-1300 yen if i remember correctly. during our last trip, while trying to get some shut eye, the lady behind wouldn't stop yapping about how hot the bus was!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.