Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Regarding; twin bedding rooms and three adults. Are these single beds? king single? or even maybe doubles? One bed will be for the elderly parents, and another bed, for adult daughter - if do-able, will book that room for them.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by jeffers
Different strokes and all that, I guess.
I don't see how delayed check-in, reluctance to upgrade despite availability, delayed housekeeping, waits for breakfast, being pushed to take breakfast in the lounge, waits for the lobby elevator, a bar where service isn't a given, an awful concierge, etc. etc. is "different strokes" - is there anyone out there that likes these things? YMMV, sure, but not "different strokes" - that's just silly.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:15 pm

Does anyone know a laundry pick up and delivery service (same day), or worst case, a self-service option within walking distance?

I will need to do a load of laundry after being on the road for a week+ and I'm not paying the Conrad $200 for the privilege.

I've also been told if you drop it off somewhere, they will not wash undergarments. Never seen that one before.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Does anyone know a laundry pick up and delivery service (same day), or worst case, a self-service option within walking distance?

I will need to do a load of laundry after being on the road for a week+ and I'm not paying the Conrad $200 for the privilege.

I've also been told if you drop it off somewhere, they will not wash undergarments. Never seen that one before.
A google maps inquiry of "coin laundry" doesn't show many options close to the hotel (nearest one ~1km away). Some convenience stores in Japan (like 7-Eleven) accept laundry for pickup/dropoff, but I don't know how to check individual stores for the service and whether language would be an issue. No clue about pickup/delivery.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

For a couple nights, I'd just wash the undergarments in the sink and hang them to dry.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:59 pm

Interesting about 7-11. Their site doesn't say which locations have a laundry feature.

Concierge says there are no pickup services and any drop off won't wash under garments.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite

I posed a similar question in the Japan forum. A decent response for wash-n-fold:
Osaka Wash-n-Fold Laundromat?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:17 pm

Thanks! I will either have the hotel or an outside concierge service contact them.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just booked 5 nights here in late June for 308,000 points. (It was 77,000 points per night, 5th night free).

Not a bad deal, looking forward to returning.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gengar
A google maps inquiry of "coin laundry" doesn't show many options close to the hotel (nearest one ~1km away). Some convenience stores in Japan (like 7-Eleven) accept laundry for pickup/dropoff, but I don't know how to check individual stores for the service and whether language would be an issue. No clue about pickup/delivery.
"Coin laundry" doesn't help much on Google Maps. Somewhere (here or Tripadvisor?) I found the Japanese text equivalent. Put that in Google Maps and you get many more options.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:54 am

Thanks. I've basically given up on the hotel for pre-arrival service. I can now see first-hand the frustrations some have expressed in this thread and I'm not even there yet. I booked a flash rate and I still may demand a cancelation. This isn't an airport Hampton Inn we're talking about. Has anyone else also noticed there is no Conrad Concierge button in the app for this hotel?

Meanwhile, I contacted my next stop (a WA) and asked them the same question. Got a reply within two hours with specific details.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks. I've basically given up on the hotel for pre-arrival service. I can now see first-hand the frustrations some have expressed in this thread and I'm not even there yet. I booked a flash rate and I still may demand a cancelation. This isn't an airport Hampton Inn we're talking about. Has anyone else also noticed there is no Conrad Concierge button in the app for this hotel?

Meanwhile, I contacted my next stop (a WA) and asked them the same question. Got a reply within two hours with specific details.
I'd still stay if the rate was good. Just take it up the food chain and you'll be helped in no time. The hotel can't improve if you don't make them aware of these glaring issues.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'd still stay if the rate was good. Just take it up the food chain and you'll be helped in no time. The hotel can't improve if you don't make them aware of these glaring issues.
Hilton sent a DM to the GM. Let's see if/when they reply.

And as time has gone on, the flash rate wasn't all that attractive.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Aventine
I don't see this as a glaring issue. I wouldn't expect a full service hotel that offers laundry service to to assist a guest in circumventing the in house laundry. It's certainly the guest's prerogative to do that, but I wouldn't expect the hotel to help the guest find outside laundry, outside meeting rooms, outside food delivery, etc.
EuropeanPete and Morkai like this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I don't see this as a glaring issue. I wouldn't expect a full service hotel that offers laundry service to to assist a guest in circumventing the in house laundry. It's certainly the guest's prerogative to do that, but I wouldn't expect the hotel to help the guest find outside laundry, outside meeting rooms, outside food delivery, etc.
First, I expect a concierge at a high-end luxury hotel to be able to complete any reasonable task as long as it's not illegal or illicit. Especially if the guest is just seeking information and not arrangements.

Second, I don't appreciate being told something doesn't exist that clearly does.

Third, replies should have more answers than questions and should not take days.

Fourth, I requested a restaurant reservation and was told it is sold out for the entire month (it's not) because it's quite famous (it's not).

In total, I find this to be very poor and if you were privileged to the communications, I have a feeling you would agree. Again, if I was staying at an airport Hilton Garden Inn I wouldn't attempt this line of inquiry. But when you're charging $700 USD a night on a base room, you're going to be held to a higher standard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.