Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:40 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by BenSenise
if people are interested? of course! this is flyertalk!!!
Yeah! And the bear too!!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:59 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Yeah! And the bear too!!
Realized I hadn't actually taken a photo of the bear in the room, so here it is. Small bear, kind of styled like a classic Japanese backpack charm. Arms and legs are both moveable.

IMG_1539 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Originally Posted by BenSenise
if people are interested? of course! this is flyertalk!!!
Hahahaha, thanks. 1st post so I'm not really sure what all people want yet.

Entry way to room

IMG_1412 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Closet to bathroom

IMG_1416 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Tub and Shower

IMG_1418 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Sitting room

IMG_1424 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Bedroom

IMG_1420 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

View from Bedroom

IMG_1421 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

View from sitting room looking down at the river (hotel is actually on an island)

IMG_1428 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

The Duckling!

IMG_1431 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Morning view from sitting room

IMG_1473 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

View from the executive lounge during afternoon tea

IMG_1432 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Lobby artwork at night

IMG_1443 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Nighttime view from the lobby

IMG_1445 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

Sunset view from the lobby towards Osaka Bay

IMG_1461 by Jeff Maynor, on Flickr

More pictures available here
https://flic.kr/s/aHskXSUFzL

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 25, 2017 at 9:21 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lsuswim
More pictures available here
https://flic.kr/s/aHskXSUFzL

Hope you all enjoy!
I had a look at your flickr album. thanks! i enjoyed the pics. only problem now is that I won't be satisfied with the hilton osaka

oh, and those huge feet in the river are bizarre
Old Jun 29, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Thanks to Skypio, tvisitor, and Isuswim for the great reviews. Looking forward to staying there.

Any info on transportation from KIX to the Conrad would be appreciated.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by stanj
Thanks to Skypio, tvisitor, and Isuswim for the great reviews. Looking forward to staying there.

Unfortunately, there is no direct transportation to and from KIX. Conrad Osaka is connected to Higobashi Station of Yotsubashi line. As a local I would take a limousine bus for Umeda, get off at Herbis Osaka bus stop and then take a Yotsubashi subway line for Higobashi, one stop from Umeda, or take a limousine bus for Umeda, get off at ShinHankyu Hotel and catch a taxi to the hotel. If you are familiar with Osaka subway line, go to Namba station by Nankai line and transfer to Namba station of Yotsubashi subway line and get off at Higobashi station.

Last edited by tvisitor; Jun 30, 2017 at 10:51 pm
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by tvisitor
Unfortunately, there is no direct transportation to and from KIX. Conrad Osaka is connected to Higobashi Station of Yotsubashi line. As a local I would take a limousine bus for Umeda, get off at Herbis Osaka bus stop and then take a Yotsubashi subway line for Higobashi, one stop from Umeda, or take a limousine bus for Umeda, get off at ShinHankyu Hotel and catch a taxi to the hotel. If you are familiar with Osaka subway line, go to Namba station by Nankai line and transfer to Namba station of Yotsubashi subway line and get off at Higobashi station.
Thank you for the detailed info! Will probably do the limo bus and taxi since we'll have several pieces of luggage.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 12:04 am

Thank you for the detailed info! Will probably do the limo bus and taxi since we'll have several pieces of luggage.
When you take a bus for Umeda, you can get off either at Shinhankyu hotel or at Herbis OSAKA. I recommend you to go to Shinhankyu hotel because you can easily find taxi there. It takes about 10 minutes to get to Conrad. Taxi fare is I guess, less than 1,000 yen. Incidentally, if you go to Hilton OSAKA, Herbis OSAKA is convenient, just a few minutes walk.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold

Or transport from Shin-Osaka Stn? (as am arriving on the Shinkansen)

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
JR Train to Osaka station (Umeda), then follow instructions as from KIX.
OR,
Subway to Osaka station (Umeda), then follow instructions as from KIX.
Subway is one ticket fare (slightly cheaper and convenient) compared to the JR line->Subway transfer.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed here Saturday night.

I'm a Diamond member and was using a free weekend night certificate from my Citi credit card. I emailed the hotel a day in advance to request early check in at about 12:30 p.m. They emailed me back to say this would not be a problem and that I could check in on 40th floor lobby or 39th floor executive lounge.

On arrival at hotel I took the lift to 39th floor to check in, but the public elevator from the ground floor only goes to the public parts of the 39th floor, like the meeting rooms, chapel, etc.

Got back on elevator, went to 40th floor. Lobby is stunning.

Room was ready on arrival and was upgraded to an executive corner room - 3432. I don't think it was an "Executive Corner Suite," but it was large and it did have a sitting area. Beautiful room. Great views. Floor to ceiling curved windows. One of the best rooms I've ever stayed in.

The lounge is very nice and the canapes very substantial.

I took breakfast in the 40th floor lobby restaurant the next day. I didn't see an omelette station so I just scooped out some scrambled eggs. After sitting down someone did come by with an egg menu listing options for freshly cooked eggs, pancakes, I think French toast, etc. So consider this to be a "semi a la carte" buffet breakfast at least in the restaurant.

They let me check out at 3 pm. I called around 2:30 and asked to have my bags brought down to the ground floor, and then I waited what I thought was an appropriate amount of time (for an impatient American, so 10 minutes) without anyone showing up, so I decided to just schlep the bags myself down to the lobby and then to the ground floor.

Was charged 200 yen on check out for city tax. Took taxi to Namba station (1540 yen) and then Nankai train to KIX airport (920 yen).

Last edited by jphripjah; Mar 17, 2018 at 4:05 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:46 am

August 2017 Stay

Free stay with credit card certificate on a Friday night. Staff said weekends are busier than weekdays.

Check in - Stunning lobby. Breathtaking view of city from 40th floor entrance. At the lobby front desk, I was upgraded (I am only Hilton Gold) to the Executive Lounge and was taken there to check in. Great lounge. Beer available during the day for about 1000 yen (free 6 pm to 8 pm). No late check out for me because the next day was the Yodogawa fireworks, and they needed to clean the rooms. No problem at all, as I was just happy with the upgrade. Afternoon tea time had good selection of small food and usual soft drinks/coffee etc.

Room - corner room. All brand new so it looked great. Couldn't get the BOSE speaker to connect to my phone, but not a problem, really. Nice bath overlooking the city view. Great bed. Moved the couch out of the way to see the city lights clearly from the bed.

Evening Cocktails - 4 hot plates of food, some cold dishes, breads, cheeses. Overall very generous. Beers, mixed drinks and wines. Relatively quiet lounge. Good views of city. The lounge was similar to Hyatt TST, Hyatt Sha-Tin or Hyatt Dusseldorf. I prefer the Conrad Osaka lounge to Grand Hyatt Tokyo - better view and more food.

Breakfast - offered either the lounge or the 40th floor restaurant. Took the restaurant. Excellent breakfast. Wide variety of original salads and stuff. Great corn soup. Lots of fruit. Attentive staff.

Price - If you pay cash, it is not cheap. In terms of value, the Hyatt Osaka is still my favorite. If you are Hilton Gold or Diamond and staying at the Hilton Osaka, you might reward yourself with a night at the Conrad as well, if it fits your schedule.

Location - Short taxi ride from Umeda (including the Hilton Osaka) probably costing less than 1000 yen. From KIX if you are by yourself, and your luggage is relatively light, I recommend you take a Nankai train to Namba and then walk to the Yotsubashi subway which goes to the Conrad. It is about a 7-minute walk in Namba, but all inside/underground, so you don' t need to worry about the weather. If you have lots of luggage or more than one person, take the bus or JR train to Umeda or Osaka and then a taxi to the Conrad.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by tvisitor
When you take a bus for Umeda, you can get off either at Shinhankyu hotel or at Herbis OSAKA. I recommend you to go to Shinhankyu hotel because you can easily find taxi there. It takes about 10 minutes to get to Conrad. Taxi fare is I guess, less than 1,000 yen. Incidentally, if you go to Hilton OSAKA, Herbis OSAKA is convenient, just a few minutes walk.
Going from Conrad Osaka to ITM, assume the same route will work?- taxi to Shinhankyu Hotel, then bus to ITM. Osaka Airport bus page says there's a ticket machine at this stop for purchasing tickets.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:41 pm

I was told on my stay here that there was an issue with the Ducks so they will not be given out for a while. The key inside them apparently started melting.

Also took us a while to figure out that there are subway entrances in the Festival City area below the hotel.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
New Hilton Asia Pacific flash sale, supposedly rates here from 30,000 yen. http://apac.hilton.com/?language=en
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Going from Conrad Osaka to ITM, assume the same route will work?- taxi to Shinhankyu Hotel, then bus to ITM. Osaka Airport bus page says there's a ticket machine at this stop for purchasing tickets.
I recommend you to go to Osaka Marubiru bus stop by taxi from Conrad and take limo bus for ITM airport. Osaka Marubiru bus stop is located next to Hilton Osaka, and more convenient from Conrad. Plus, the bus leaves every 15 minutes at Osaka Marubiru, twice as often as at New Hankyu Hotel. You can purchase tickets at the ticket machine at Osaka Marubiru, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.