Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Just tried to check in on the app (been a few issues today apparently with the app ) and it appears I've been upgraded to the King Suite on the ground floor . Checked photos from the Mecure website looks
Not bad start to my stays booked here will update my stay details and Diamond treatment !
Was supposed to be here tomorrow night but had to cancel as my lady has fever and cannot travel, so unfortunately no trip report......I still have the Waldorf booked for Friday night and hope to attend but will update tomorrow.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
Staying here now and must say very impressed. Was attracted by the cheap rate - 30 minutes from Bank on DLR and short walk. Got in late so not able to explore Wizlas recommendations but hotel is great and decor super. Upgraded to exec room on 8th floor which is nice corner room with electric opening window - too windy tonight! really like the room, nice fruit bowl and seems water and soft drinks free - great bathroom. The is an observation deck but at request and couldn't be bothered to ask. Got 2 free drinks vouchers as no lounge and shown to lift - great service. Enjoyed the bar - vouchers were a bit restrictive but hey its free! Will report back on breakfast tomorrow but initial view is if prices stay low this could be a new fav!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver Hilton Diamond
Well breakfast was great. Good selection and well cooked and presented. Welcome and service excellent. I will be back!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
My second stay. Talk about extremes !! Room027 first time. Wow great room great hotel ... me thinks

Second visit 704. Seriously. Is this what you get for diamond. I have never in all my years seen a smaller room.

Beware !!!!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Funny how a lot of us are getting 027, here are my photos.

Anyway just for the record, and OLCI purposes, these are the only rooms with a bath in it, all the rest of the rooms have showers but no bath.

Standard rooms

Deluxe

Suite
027 (separate bath and shower)
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Funny how a lot of us are getting 027, here are my photos.

Anyway just for the record, and OLCI purposes, these are the only rooms with a bath in it, all the rest of the rooms have showers but no bath.

Standard rooms

Deluxe

Suite
027 (separate bath and shower)
Thanks, that's actually really helpful to me as the hotel has no sauna a hot bath is the only alternative.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Virgin Atlantic Gold, Goldpoints gold elite
027 is an amazing room. Great photos Wizla.

Tip : refuse any room with an 04 at the end. Honestly you can't appreciate how small they are.

This hotela and the staff are great. But don't get an 04 room!!!!
Old Mar 8, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by robandjojo423
027 is an amazing room. Great photos Wizla.

Tip : refuse any room with an 04 at the end. Honestly you can't appreciate how small they are.

This hotela and the staff are great. But don't get an 04 room!!!!
True they are great photos but I can't take the credit for them as they were posted by corporate wage slave.
Thanks for the tip about the 04 rooms, i will bear this in mind
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
i stayed here over easter and enjoyed it very much. loved how the hotel was decorated. breakfast (gold) was excellent. not much around hotel for an American tourist but DLR will take you to CUTTY SARK in 2 minutes or BANK in 20 minutes. trains run often. you can also get off at CANARY WHARF and take jubilee line into London. i would definitely stay here again. friendly staff.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:38 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wizla
Can't comment on breakfast as I've not stayed there yet, however I know the area extremely well.
DLR would be my choice but Greenwich train station is a 10 min walk from the hotel.
Deptford bridge is a 3 min walk from hotel too.......here you can get the bendy bus into London (453 I think )
Another option would be to walk to the road behind the hotel ( Greenwich high road ) and catch the 177 bus into Greenwich or walk in around 20 mins and then get Thames clipper from the pier into London.......hope this helps.
Whats the best option for getting from the hotel to LHR T5 on a Sunday? Need to be at LHR by 10-ish. Am thinking public transport on Sundays may be a & therefore a chauffeur car is more reliable/easier? Cheers ^
Old May 8, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by bearkatt
i stayed here over easter and enjoyed it very much. loved how the hotel was decorated. breakfast (gold) was excellent. not much around hotel for an American tourist but DLR will take you to CUTTY SARK in 2 minutes or BANK in 20 minutes. trains run often. you can also get off at CANARY WHARF and take jubilee line into London. i would definitely stay here again. friendly staff.
cutty sark is less than a 5 min walk from the hotel....
Old May 8, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by NoY
Whats the best option for getting from the hotel to LHR T5 on a Sunday? Need to be at LHR by 10-ish. Am thinking public transport on Sundays may be a & therefore a chauffeur car is more reliable/easier? Cheers ^

public transport will be fine, but I live in SE London and pretty much always get a cab. too many changes of line otherwise.

If you do get public transport, i'd go DLR to heron quays, Jubilee line canary wharf to green park and Piccadilly line to Heathrow. Or train to cannon street, district or circle line to Hammersmith and then Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

Should take about 90 mins either in a cab or via public transport. It'll cost about £45/£50 in a minicab or uber, £5 via public transport. Don't bother with heathrow express, it'll save you about 10 mins.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:26 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by sarahluv
public transport will be fine, but I live in SE London and pretty much always get a cab. too many changes of line otherwise.

If you do get public transport, i'd go DLR to heron quays, Jubilee line canary wharf to green park and Piccadilly line to Heathrow. Or train to cannon street, district or circle line to Hammersmith and then Piccadilly line to Heathrow.

Should take about 90 mins either in a cab or via public transport. It'll cost about £45/£50 in a minicab or uber, £5 via public transport. Don't bother with heathrow express, it'll save you about 10 mins.
Thank you. £5 on the tube/train. Really that cheap? Surely not?
Old May 8, 2017, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Thank you. £5 on the tube/train. Really that cheap? Surely not?
yes, if you have an oyster card
Old May 8, 2017, 9:52 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by sarahluv
yes, if you have an oyster card
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.