Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
for dinner, i recommend walking the other way and ging to Deptford instead of Greenwich. Marcella is a great Italian restaurant. There are also a host of places in Deptford Market Yard. Vibrant Marketplace in South-East London - Deptford Market Yard
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:12 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Does anyone know how many junior suites and deluxe family rooms they have here please?
Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I know a man who will know the answer to that.........
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
I know a man who will know the answer to that.........
Well maybe you could ask him for me!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
maxandclaude or corporate wage slave about?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dax1956
Does anyone know how many junior suites and deluxe family rooms they have here please?
Thank you.
There are 146 rooms in this hotel, just 2 are full suites as sold, so not very many. I don't know the further breakdown but I don't think there are only a handful of "family" rooms (under 4 I would guess), otherwise I think it's just singles, queen, twin and king rooms. The family room has a king bed in it and enough space for a temporary bed from the sofa in the room. It was a former police barrack house, for recruits in training or those living too far away for shift work, and was built with small rooms. Even the single rooms used to be shared though I struggle to see how. If you want a hotel with spacious rooms this probably isn't the best place to start though in London room sizes are typically small in many hotels (18m˛ or less).
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
maxandclaude or corporate wage slave about?
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There are 146 rooms in this hotel, just 2 are full suites as sold, so not very many. I don't know the further breakdown but I don't think there are only a handful of "family" rooms (under 4 I would guess), otherwise I think it's just singles, queen, twin and king rooms. The family room has a king bed in it and enough space for a temporary bed from the sofa in the room. It was a former police barrack house, for recruits in training or those living too far away for shift work, and was built with small rooms. Even the single rooms used to be shared though I struggle to see how. If you want a hotel with spacious rooms this probably isn't the best place to start though in London room sizes are typically small in many hotels (18m˛ or less).
​​​​​​Thank you, I have booked the deluxe family room for four nights. I have a three year old with me, so really need a tub. Not sure
if that category has one. I have requested one in the notes though. Also been offered a paid upgrade to a suite which does have a tub.
I'm diamond but don't mind paying if need to. Do you think it's best to wait and see, or pay in advance?
Thank you all so much.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
​​​​​​Thank you, I have booked the deluxe family room for four nights. I have a three year old with me, so really need a tub. Not sure
if that category has one. I have requested one in the notes though. Also been offered a paid upgrade to a suite which does have a tub.
I'm diamond but don't mind paying if need to. Do you think it's best to wait and see, or pay in advance?
Thank you all so much.
I think - but don't know for sure - that 2 of the family rooms have tubs, see post 35. Given this is a hotel with very few baths, and not many larger rooms, this could be quite complex. So when you are within a few days of arrival (2 days) I would call the hotel and discuss this with them. Best to call late morning or early afternoon.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think - but don't know for sure - that 2 of the family rooms have tubs, see post 35. Given this is a hotel with very few baths, and not many larger rooms, this could be quite complex. So when you are within a few days of arrival (2 days) I would call the hotel and discuss this with them. Best to call late morning or early afternoon.
I would concur with the wise corporate-wage-slave - there are two family deluxe rooms on the second floor with ‘tubs’ and the suite on the ground floor - though it’s a roll top in the room corner .
Having spoken at length on my last stay with the Duty Mgr they have regular guests who stay almost weekly and generally get assigned the second floor family deluxe rooms .
My preffered room is number 2 family deluxe but alas no tub (
I would be very surprised if any other rooms have tubs ...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:27 am

I will be checking in to this hotel in a couple of days. I booked the queen deluxe family room, I believe up thread someone said there only a few of these rooms available. I need a bathtub and I am looking for recommendations of which one to select at online checkin.
it would also be nice to have a view. So if I get a choice at check in which one should I choose?
Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I will be checking in to this hotel in a couple of days. I booked the queen deluxe family room, I believe up thread someone said there only a few of these rooms available. I need a bathtub and I am looking for recommendations of which one to select at online checkin.
it would also be nice to have a view. So if I get a choice at check in which one should I choose?
Thanks for your help.
The only deluxe rooms ( not sure if they are the family type ? ) are 203 and 205 , except the suites these are the only rooms with baths , as for the view the only rooms worth mentioning are the 8th and 9th floor but I’m not sure if the family deluxe rooms are on these levels.
The views themselves are interesting but nothing amazing and the glass frontage on floor 9 can make the rooms quite hot in the afternoon ( the air con struggles to cope ) but nothing really bad just not very cool.
Greenwich is great to visit, plenty to see and do.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by wizla
The only deluxe rooms ( not sure if they are the family type ? ) are 203 and 205 , except the suites these are the only rooms with baths , as for the view the only rooms worth mentioning are the 8th and 9th floor but I’m not sure if the family deluxe rooms are on these levels.
The views themselves are interesting but nothing amazing and the glass frontage on floor 9 can make the rooms quite hot in the afternoon ( the air con struggles to cope ) but nothing really bad just not very cool.
Greenwich is great to visit, plenty to see and do.
Thanks wizla, are 203 and 205 pretty much the same? Do you favor one over another?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thanks wizla, are 203 and 205 pretty much the same? Do you favor one over another?
Both have a view of the car park , if I had a choice I would probably choose 205 as I think it has more windows
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Both have a view of the car park , if I had a choice I would probably choose 205 as I think it has more windows
Thanks if it's available I will go with that one.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:54 pm

Sounds like there aren't that many rooms with tubs going by the comments from a few of the regulars here.

If its a necessity it may be worth calling the hotel rather than leave it to chance with the app, all it needs is a couple of guests to check in the day before you and still be there when you check in. From what @maxanclaude2000 said there are a few guests who stay all week and get the same rooms.
wizla and Dax1956 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.