Any Gold fast track offers?

Old Jan 6, 17, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Any Gold fast track offers?

Hi all,

I've been a HH Gold for the last few years thanks to some fast track offers (I think 3 stays in 90 days to qualify for Gold).

It's certainly a great marketing ploy. I am very price sensitive - I used to generally consider the best price-performance match when picking a property. Loyalty didn't concern me. But thanks to holding Gold, almost every stay now is in a Hilton. The upgrades and breakfast are too good to turn down. I didn't think it would work on me, but it did!

Status is running out soon - was wondering if anyone knew of any current promotions so that I can renew? I have a few stays coming up in quick succession, so want to use them to renew Gold.

Last edited by Virazuno; Jan 6, 17 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 6, 17, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Your status won't expire until the end of March. Until then, if HH holds to form, they won't let you do a fast track or challenge to the same status. You will probably need to wait until then. You can at that time call and they might offer you a fast track. Otherwise consider getting a credit card or look here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-etc-11.html
Old Jan 6, 17, 9:41 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Silver
If you don't mind getting a credit card then the Citi Hilton card comes with Gold and allows you to earn points and a free night coupon for a modest annual fee.
Old Jan 7, 17, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
Your status won't expire until the end of March. Until then, if HH holds to form, they won't let you do a fast track or challenge to the same status. You will probably need to wait until then.
Interestingly, I did a challenge whilst Gold, which renewed my membership for an extra year. Now looking for another. I'll keep my eyes open...
Old Jan 7, 17, 10:08 am

Programs: IB+ Oro, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil View Post
If you don't mind getting a credit card then the Citi Hilton card comes with Gold and allows you to earn points and a free night coupon for a modest annual fee.
I second the recommendation of the Citi Hilton Reserve. The sign up bonus alone of two free weekend nights is very much worth it.
Old Jan 7, 17, 11:19 am

The free offer is 4 stays for gold at www.hiltonfamilymvp.com.
Old Jan 7, 17, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Virazuno View Post
Interestingly, I did a challenge whilst Gold, which renewed my membership for an extra year. Now looking for another. I'll keep my eyes open...
Hope it works out for you. Also, see this recent thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...romotions.html
Old Jan 7, 17, 2:58 pm

You can do a gold challenge if you are gold NOW.
Many people in here say you cant but i did it in 2016 (so did you before).
And that 4 stays challenge can also be done in one (or more) stay but with 10 nights total in 3 month. Just register and your status bar will show 10 nights for Gold (but after 10 nights it will show the usall wrong status meter progress again).
I think there is a "travel agency" something challenge out there that anyone can do,if you done the other ones.
Its also a university thingy out there that gives you gold to 2020 but im unsure if anyone can do that one.

Last edited by dznyboy; Jan 7, 17 at 3:03 pm
Old Jan 13, 17, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
Hope it works out for you. Also, see this recent thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...romotions.html
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I am in a similar situation and looking for another gold fast track. I have done 2 before. Both while still having Gold status and both worked fine. I first used with MVP but in the second year the system would not let me try again so I used an Air Berlin option. I haven't tried Air Berlin this time but presumed it would be a one time option again.

My own circumstances are that I am in the UK so credit card options are limited and being semi retired don't do enough stays now to qualify for Gold normally. I do appreciate the benefits though hence the looking for fast track. If another option does exist (and suggestions gratefully received!) It would be interesting to see if Hilton's systems will stop me as per the link as I am 'abusing' the Gold Challenge

Last edited by xls999; Jan 13, 17 at 6:27 am
Old Jan 13, 17, 1:22 pm

I'm about to do a gold status match. I have 4 stays already booked on cash and points during the challenge time period.

Will these count or does it need to be a fully paid rate?
Old Jan 13, 17, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxp0wers View Post
I'm about to do a gold status match. I have 4 stays already booked on cash and points during the challenge time period.

Will these count or does it need to be a fully paid rate?
That depends upon the terms of your status match or fast track offer.
Old Jan 13, 17, 1:30 pm

In the past I have used a mixture of reward and paid stays and this has been fine.

Out of interest what option are you using for the challenge?
Old Jan 13, 17, 1:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, RC Platinum, SPG Platinum, SA Silver, OW Ruby, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
The free offer is 4 stays for gold at www.hiltonfamilymvp.com.
That link takes me back to the default Hilton page for some reason? I'm Diamond now but didn't get enough nights last year so once March comes around, I'd be downgraded to Silver ... If anything, I'd at least like to get to Gold ...

But since we're talking fast track offers, anyone know of Diamond fast track offers?
Old Jan 13, 17, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Immortalist View Post
That link takes me back to the default Hilton page for some reason? I'm Diamond now but didn't get enough nights last year so once March comes around, I'd be downgraded to Silver ... If anything, I'd at least like to get to Gold ...

But since we're talking fast track offers, anyone know of Diamond fast track offers?
The main one right now is the status match/challenge:
https://hiltonhhonors.hiltonapps.com/

Much discussion in the thread below:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...thread-51.html
Old Jan 13, 17, 3:28 pm

Another hidden gold fasttrack.
Im not sure if this will work but if you dont have anything else to bet on then just register. In most of these cases it works fine.
4 stays or 10 nights are its whats usually required.

https://hiltonhhonors.com/ProcessLan...g/?lp=cwtoffer

more info (these arent always correct).

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/05/hilt...ys-in-90-days/

Search this Thread
Search Engine: