Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Singapore Serangoon {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Now accepting reservations from June 15th.
Awards Points at 10000 per nights are available and sounds good value.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I've been repeatedly getting the error message "Our System is Experiencing A Little Technical Hiccup" when attempting to book using points via mobile app. Happened previously (when it was open from 1 Aug) as well. My app seems to work fine for other properties, though. Anyone facing similar issues?

Guess I might just have to stick with desktop booking...
Old Mar 28, 2017, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Cant find any 10k redemptions- all at 40k and above, the revenue rates of the property is at S$160++....probably the most expensive HGI in the world?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Cant find any 10k redemptions- all at 40k and above, the revenue rates of the property is at S$160++....probably the most expensive HGI in the world?
Looks like NO standard rooms available...
All seems to be Deluxe rooms (premium) and above...
Any Hilton rep mind checking?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Wouldn't say it's the most expensive HGI anywhere... comparable to FRA for instance.

So while 10k points looks cheap, the cheapest I could find was 36k. Clearly there must be some "standard" rooms in order to meet the scheme's requirements.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
I managed to book a 2 days reward stay coming up in July at 10000. I booked a "king guest room".
Checking the same days now it is indeed 40000 and rooms are only "king deluxe room".
Same day Hilton is at 41000 and Conrad at 52000.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Is this worth a case to guest assisstance over? There are literally no standard rooms available on any dates.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ashkale
Not even close, lol. $115 US (converting to USD from SGD) is a reasonably cheap hotel room rate in the USA.

https://skift.com/2014/09/02/average...-half-of-2014/

Note that's 2014 being discussed at that link. Prices haven't gone down in the intervening two and a half years.

HGI is a solidly mid-level limited-service hotel option as far as that goes (in a group with Homewood Suites, HIX, Hyatt House/Place). We're not talking Motel 6 or La Quinta here. So that price would be solidly in a normal range for an HGI in a major urban market in the USA, and would be a pretty good price for an HGI in NYC, SF, Chicago, though the price should be tempered by being a little out of the way from the core urban area the way Serangoon is... but the HGI at JFK is over $200 some nights (so $305++ in SGD).

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Mar 28, 2017 at 4:37 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Looks like a case of playing games with the base room available for booking and redemption.

For a hotel that has not opened, it is indeed not good publicity. The HH points they are quoting are nearly Hilton and Conrad level (and so are their prices), so I wonder who are they realistically trying to attract among the HH Elites.

And if they are trying to avoid the HH Elites, why did they reflag themselves under Hilton?

HH rep should try to have a word with them.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:28 am
jxd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Looks like a case of playing games with the base room available for booking and redemption.

For a hotel that has not opened, it is indeed not good publicity. The HH points they are quoting are nearly Hilton and Conrad level (and so are their prices), so I wonder who are they realistically trying to attract among the HH Elites.

And if they are trying to avoid the HH Elites, why did they reflag themselves under Hilton?

HH rep should try to have a word with them.
I'm actually not surprised given the dire reviews before the reflag.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Out of interest, why would a property care about how many points it costs to redeem for a room? I was under the impression that any time a redemption guest would be blocking a paying guest (eg when the hotel is full), Hilton corporate would pay them the rack rate.

The only reason I can think of is that the property are hoping guests with points will be deterred by the lack of 10k points opportunities and pay cash instead, thus earning them revenue a bit sooner. If this really is the case, I wonder whether Hilton should put some thought into aligning the economic incentives a little better.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:53 am

Saw the 10k a night posted on Loyalty Lobby. Two days ago my husband and I managed to book 2 rooms at 8K a night for 5 nights from June 22nd to 27th.

I am shocked to find out that those same nights are now 44k a night! Hilton's new variable award pricing is not good for us consumers.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Just 2 days ago, I found 10K rooms for 2 separate dates I was looking at later this year. Now they're gone.

I didn't book them b/c I'm traveling with my family and was scared of the reports here of what a crap hole this place was.

Last edited by work2fly; Mar 29, 2017 at 9:39 am
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skidog
Saw the 10k a night posted on Loyalty Lobby. Two days ago my husband and I managed to book 2 rooms at 8K a night for 5 nights from June 22nd to 27th.

I am shocked to find out that those same nights are now 44k a night! Hilton's new variable award pricing is not good for us consumers.
This has nothing to do with variable pricing and everything to do with the property withholding or removing availability of standard rooms. The result would have been exactly the same, and possibly even worse, under the old system.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:52 am

This hotel has no standard awards available at all, no matter what date in the future you search.

A bit fishy if you ask me...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.