Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2004, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
BTW Just so you all know. It was suggested that I contact the Hotel directly and ask if they would accept a cat. 1 certificate for my stay. This was for my May 2004 stay.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tummy:
...verified the rate with a supervisor and sent our confirmation via email. We have already booked our flight...

Unless they contact us before we arrive, I'm sure they will handle this professionally at the hotel.
</font>
I hope so too!

Old Jan 8, 2004, 5:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichLond:

It was posted that no award nights were possible until April 2.

rich
</font>
Yup. That was me. Just what I was told by a nice HHonors rep who researched it for me at the beginning of all this broohaha. I'm a Gold. Maybe they would release something for a Diamond but with the current state of affairs I wouldn't count on them releasing any rooms until they know themselves what they are doing.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I've checked twice with US reservations for two to three night starting March 17th. Both said there was no availability. So far, there are no posts of success prior to April.

I'm HH Gold.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 6:26 am
SST

I've tried to make reservations for Monday, just plain revenue reservations: Hilton's website won't let you in to determine the rate. Finally gave up and am going to Kensington instead: reservation engine worked fine for that one: L93, tax and breakfast included.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 11:31 am

I successfully made one for six night for Mid Feb. HH/C106//6 FREE NIGHTS is shown on my confirmation printout. I told the Diamond rep to use the Hotel Code ' LONWAHI' that someone else posted above. She was able to make it after looking for 5 minutes or so. I made it on Jan 7 and even changed it later that evening.

I also have a GLON at London Green for the same period as backup. I have read the t & c and I don't think they can get out of honoring the C106.

I am traveling with my Dad so hope someone posts their succes prior to our trip.

DAVERAYBRAD
Old Jan 9, 2004, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Daveraybrad:
I successfully made one for six night for Mid Feb. HH/C106//6 FREE NIGHTS is shown on my confirmation printout...

I have read the t & c and I don't think they can get out of honoring the C106.
</font>

What is the C106?
Old Jan 9, 2004, 11:50 am
Community Director Emerita

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Herb687:

What is the C106?
</font>
Category 1 hotel for 6 nights. It is the award designation.

Update to add: The Hilton website has been modified to show the hotel as a category 6. The beta Hilton site for award booking (which doesn't work, but I digress) continues to show the hotel as category 1.

[This message has been edited by SanDiego1K (edited Jan 09, 2004).]
Old Jan 10, 2004, 8:47 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
It looks like Hilton has been making changes to the regular site and the Beta site. My reservation on the Beta site shows the Cat 6 points requirements:

Room type: DOUBLE HILTON DELUXE PLUS
Rate type: HHONORS REDEMPTION
&lt;b&gt;Total rate for stay: 160,000 points &lt;/b&gt;

Whereas the hilton.com site show it as:
Room type: DOUBLE HILTON DELUXE PLUS
Rate type: HHONORS REDEMPTION
Rate per night: 319.00 GBP per night,
&lt;b&gt;Total rate for stay: 1499.30 GBP &lt;/b&gt;

If you haven't already done so, you should definitely print out the reservation details from the production hilton.com site before the Beta site changes get updated to hilton.com

------------------
International airlines seat desirability map
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yes, I checked reward availability on the beta site just now and it's shown as a Cat 6 for 40,000 points per night.

Oh, well.

Kathy
Old Jan 11, 2004, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Just returned from the London Hilton. I asked the Concierge in the Executive Lounge about the Waldorf. She had not idea what I was talking about. BTW The London Hilton may be getting a couple more Executive Floors. 17 is a Executive Floor. The Lounge may also be expanding. It is packed during presentations of food.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:43 am

Arrow The Waldorf Hilton, London

FYI I have received three e-mails from Hilton Diamond Special Services regarding the Waldorf in London booked as cat. one award stays. I have four total stays booked. The reply is very very very good and professional. Heres hoping you all receive same soon. Regards
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:50 am
Community Director Emerita

Kudos to Hilton for doing the right thing. I look forward to getting my emails. And thank you again, Rail Baron, for sharing this awesome find with us.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:09 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I just received my two emails from the Diamond Desk... and I am a lowly Silver.

I am really impressed that they will even allow changes to the reservation (moving the dates with same number of nights originally booked). That is going above and beyong!

Way to go Hilton!

William
Old Jan 13, 2004, 12:54 pm

I am very pleased. My confirmation emails were there a few minutes ago when i checked!!

Thanks Rail Baron!!!

rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.