Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] The Waldorf Hilton, London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2004, 8:38 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Called the European numbers and the US Diamond desk and by now, they ALL seem to be informed that the category information on the website is supposed to be wrong... .

They all mentioned they had received a lot of e-mails about this this morning...looks like we are out of luck .
Old Jan 7, 2004, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think for those who made the reservation when it was a Cat1 they'll honor it (maybe; they found out about this pretty quick)if you can somehow prove it was a Cat1 when you made the reservation.

I'm heading to New Zealand tonight & the Auckland Hilton was a Cat3 when I made the res & switched to a Cat5 by the time I called for the reward cert. The agent agreed that it was a Cat3 & they should honor it, and said she'd note the res - will let you know what happens when I check in.

------------------
Sharon
Old Jan 7, 2004, 9:50 am

I believe Hilton will honor the reservations made. I'm glad I asked the rep to email me my confirmations because when I look at the reservations under "My Travel Planner", the links do not work. Perhaps those of us who have valid confirmation numbers can share any documentation showing this hotel as a category 1, if it becomes necessary to do battle.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:02 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Another case of what was a good thing being spoiled because all of a sudden everybody was jumping on it. The internet is a wonderful thing, just too many people take advantage of things at the same time.

I too believe they will probably honor the bookings they have made.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 11:09 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Last evening, after making my two reservations, I went online to my HHonors account. I was able to click on the two reservations and printed out the reservations.

In the comment section, the agent had put the Reward Code and certificate number in there. And they had emailed me my certificates.

So, I think I am ok on my seven days.

I certainly hope so.

Everyone should check to see if you can print out the reservation.

William
Old Jan 7, 2004, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
"I'm heading to New Zealand tonight & the Auckland Hilton was a Cat3 when I made the res & switched to a Cat5 by the time I called for the reward cert.

Using a Cat 3 certificate at the Auckland Hilton has to be the best use of points within HHonors. It's a very nice boutique hotel in a great location.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 1:31 pm

Where does it say anywhere either in the booking in MY TRAVEL PLANER or on the emailed confirmation that we had booked as a cat 1?
I had not printed out my cert for my 7 nights. should I call with the cert no? or just turn up and have a problem at the hotel.
Shouldnt the cat be somewhere in the confirmation?
Old Jan 7, 2004, 1:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tinkybelle:
Shouldnt the cat be somewhere in the confirmation? </font>
Normally, the type of cert required is stated on your award reservation printout.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
Normally, the type of cert required is stated on your award reservation printout.</font>
Eugene-. No where on any of my 4 awad res printouts does it state the no of points-the award category or the hotel category.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:45 pm
Community Director Emerita

tinkybelle, look for a line on your reservation like this:

HH/C103/3 FREE NTS/CERT REQ @ C/I

The C103 is the designator for the Category 1 hotel for 3 nights. Your line will start HH/C10X, depending on how many nights are reserved.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:57 pm

No I have nothing like that on any booking I have in the system at the moment.
I printed out my certificates and just called to put the number in the booking as I was told to.
I have geen told that they wil NOT honor the cat 1 as it was a mistake.
So anyone whose category changes between boking and stay looks like they may have trouble with Hilton.
I will be emailing and taking this further.
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tinkybelle:
No I have nothing like that on any booking I have in the system at the moment...told that they wil NOT honor the cat 1 as it was a mistake...</font>
I will be very disturbed if they do not honor the reservations. My reservations were confirmed with the following details:

HH//C102 - 2 FREE NIGHTS//ADV CERT REQ @ CK IN ACCOM FOR 2

AND

Room Description: QUEEN HILTON GUEST ROOM
Total rate for stay per room: 20,000 points

The website reservation has changed to:

Room type: QUEEN HILTON GUEST ROOM
Rate type: HHONORS REDEMPTION
Rate per night: 249.00 GBP per night,
Total rate for stay: 585.15 GBP

But the comment regarding the certificate type remains. I would think HH will honor such reservations, as my reward certs have also been issued.....(total 7 nights).
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:16 pm

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited Jan 13, 2004).]
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Obviously they are NOT following the rules in Australia!!
I have NOTHING like that on ay award at all...I think in future we should all ask for the award number to be put into the booking...
</font>
Sorry about your frustration. I believe most US reservation agents would document the reward cert number on the reservations. I have also the following.....

HH//C101-1 FREE NT//CERT REQ@C/I Reward Confirmation ID: 79******

HH//C102-Reward Confirmation ID: 79******

Something of that sort. I hope you get to sort it out with HH....
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

The Waldorf was taken off the Hilton website for several hours today. I assumed it was to change the Category 1 classification to Category 6. Yet it is back on as Category 1.

I tried to show the url, but am having no success. If you go to rewards and search for Category 1 hotels in the UK, you'll find the only hotel that pops up is the Waldorf.

[This message has been edited by SanDiego1K (edited Jan 07, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.