Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Questions and Information

Old Jan 5, 99, 4:02 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I am kind of new to the Hilton system but I noticed that they have point stretcher rewards. I am planning on going on my honeymoon in Nov99 to Hawaii and I am trying to use my points at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for 3 free nights. This award is normally 100,000 points but lately this hotel has shown up on the point stretcher rewards for only 35,000. I would like to book as soon as possible but I don't want to use 100,000 points if I can get away with only 35,000.

When will the point stretchers come out for Nov99?

When are the point deducted from your account? If I book now for 100,000 can i get these points back later if they come out with the point stretcher?
Old Jan 5, 99, 11:46 pm
Original Member

I think if you reach Silver VIP , you can get 6 nights free for 100,000 point (Aloha Package I think its called...check the hilton hhonors website). Nows a good time to try and get those points too with the double miles at Hilton. Good luck.
Old Jan 6, 99, 12:11 am
pgupta011

A couple of ways to become VIP:
1) Look under the posting "Earn 50,000 points" for how to become gold VIP (I do not know if this offer is still available).
2) Get the Hilton Optima card. This gives Silver VIP for a year.

Old Jan 7, 99, 1:48 pm
Original Member

dcdeparting-
Hilton will put out the point stretchers for Nov99 usually in June. Your best bet would be to book the room now using the "regular" certificate, and if it shows up on the point stretcher list later in the year, just call back and change the type of certificate you're planning on using. Hint: looking at last years list, Nov 1-30 were all eligible for a point stretcher!
Also, there is no need to order your certificate until a month prior to your departure.

neyoisles is right, you can do the 6 nights for 100,000 points using an "ALON" award, or two-three night certificates on point stretcher would make it only 70,000!

Good luck!
Old Dec 27, 99, 4:26 pm

No more point stretchers

I was trying to make reservations for some point stretchers dates and the agent told me that starting 1/1/00 they will no longer issue point stretchers certificates. They will only deal with regular HHonors certificates, although they will honor awards already issued. I said how can this be so without any warning. She said this is what her supervisor told her and I should take it up with the HHonors customer service center. Anyone have any info on this?
Old Dec 27, 99, 4:55 pm

See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000308.html
Old Dec 27, 99, 9:55 pm

shadow: I'm all over that link. It's old news. What's new is that this person at Hilton Reservation said 1/1/00, no more point stretchers!
Old Dec 27, 99, 10:27 pm

...then why would I have gotten the same 2000 Point Stretcher list in my statement last week?
Old Dec 28, 99, 12:18 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
This is impossible. I just made a reservation for a point stretcher award stay in Florida for April, 2000. I was advised to call the service center anytime in the next couple of months to request the award certificate at the reduced level. Whoever told you that point stretchers will not be issued after 1/1/00 doesn't know what they're talking about!
Old Dec 28, 99, 12:32 am

I have also explained to the reservations agent that they just put up the point stretchers dates. She put me on hold and reconfirmed with her supervisor about the situation. She relayed what she was told and told me to speak to the HHonors service center if I have any problems with she said. I have not done so yet. This was her instructions and what she was told.
Old Dec 28, 99, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Sergio: While every company has a few "dufus" agents like this, I'm surprised that the supervisor is also misinformed. Forget them both. Start over with a new agent, and make your point stretcher reservation(s) as if the first two dumbbells never existed!
Old Dec 30, 99, 11:41 am

I would like to clarify that yes in fact Pointstretcher rewards will continue on through 2000. We are working to have these posted on our website in the very immediate future and apologize for the misinformation you received when inquiring about making a reservation. Should you have any further questions, please contact the HHonors Customer Service Center directly. Thank you.
Old Dec 30, 99, 12:11 pm

Thank you, John, for your response.

We do appreciate that Hilton monitors this boards.
Old Dec 30, 99, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; SPGPlat; PCPlat/Amb; HiltonDiamond; CarlsonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesGold
My latest statement arrived today and it had a whole brochure containing the Winter/Spring 2000 dates for Point Stretchers. The chart is pretty much as faxed to many of us earlier this month by our friend with secret sources.
Old Jan 2, 00, 11:16 pm

Programs: MH Enrich Silver (OWR), Marriott Lifetime Gold
Hi Folks,
Just reserve and confirm a 5 nights PTS award for Conrad Cairo and save 75,000 points if one ever redeem a Classic hotel award.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: