Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Questions and Information

Point Stretcher Hotel Reward Questions and Information

Old Apr 21, 2000, 5:01 pm

Here are questions for Adam. Can you still order the original point stretcher awards (e.g. PTS5, PTS3 etc.)? How long do these certificates be valid?
Old Apr 21, 2000, 7:25 pm

Sheetz, thank you! And thanks for saving my pride, too.
Old Jun 2, 2000, 11:34 am

Point Stretcher Rewards Change

This is just a heads up. Hilton has again made a few changes to their program and those changes include new Point Stretcher Reward points starting July 1st.

Just one example is that currently you can stay at any Hilton for 5 nights for 60,000 points if the Point Stretcher is available.

With the new rules, if this hotel is a Premium class, 5 nights will cost you 96,000 points.

The good side to this however, is that 5 nights in an Opportunity class hotel will now be only 27,000 points.

So if you have been wanting to use a Point Stretcher in a higher class hotel, because of its really good value, order that certificate soon.
Old Jun 2, 2000, 11:47 am

Can you use the certificate after July 1st if you order it now (and get it for the current point level?). My impression was that the point level changes for *stays* after July 1st... Am I wrong? I hope so.

Old Jun 2, 2000, 3:22 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000481.html
Old Jun 2, 2000, 3:54 pm

Thanks Eugene for pointing us to the old thread. I guess I'm still not clear whether a Point Stretcher award ordered now can be used for stays after July 1st. Anyone know the answer?

And while I'm asking questions- which categories are the following hotels?

Hilton Columbus, OH (opening 7/7/00)
Embassy Suites Maui
Embassy Suites Kaua'i

(the 2 ES don't display the category info in the "Hotel Info" section)

I sent the category q's to HHonors, but, so far, they haven't responded (it's only been one day, though...).

Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2000, 3:22 pm

I have been an HHonors member for less than a year. When will we know where and when we can use PointStretchers during the 2nd half of this year?
Old Jun 9, 2000, 3:55 pm

Honu - I believe that if you make reservations with an 'old' PointStretcher certificate the current value will apply. But I don't think that's the case if you only order the certificate without the reservation.

Sorry, I didn't seem to be able to find out anything about your hotel questions.

UpInTheAir - The PoinStretcher booklets for the second half of this year should be sent out with the new Hilton booklets pretty soon. You might want to check at www.hilton.com too because sometimes they're ahead.

Old Jun 9, 2000, 3:56 pm

And sorry for bringing up an old topic in a new thread
Old Jun 21, 2000, 1:20 am

Point Stretcher INFO Frustration

I got my statement today complete with the July through December point stretcher brochure that we all anxiously wait for. But, much to my disappointment, it didn't include the usual breakdown of properties and dates. It instead said, "...For a current list of participating Point Stretcher hotels, and Point Stretcher dates, simply visit www.hiltonhhonors.com or call HHonors Automated Account Inquiry Line and request Faxback document #109..."

My first thought was just a tinge of frustration...What should be, and has been a no-brainer, non-thinking activity will now take time and effort. But hey, I'm living in the 2000s and am connected...I can do this.

Well, a good rule in marketing and web design is that when you send people to a specific web sight to get SPECIFIC information, it should be only a few clear, specific clicks away...if not only one click away! So my tinge of frustration increased just a bit more when I had to hunt and peck way too many clicks to even begin to find a Point Stretcher link. And when it's finally found, what was listed in the brochure as simple, become a project that would take hours. THERE IS NO LIST. You have to go state-by-state, then by property-by-property or country-by-country, property-by-property, individually. Who has the time???? And what use is that format if you're looking to plan travel around Point Stretcher dates??? Isn't that the purpose???

Hilton, lets take a pause in the regular scheduled program and reflect about our market..."We run a hotel loyalty program targeted to busy people who obviously travel a lot and are thus very busy...so, we want to make the use of our program VERY easy for busy people. We work hard on the brand identity and want to protect a positive brand experience for our clients at all times and at reasonable cost. Now back to the regularly scheduled program:

Well, OK. I'm busy, I've wasted 40 minutes, but I have a phone and a FAX and if Hilton is trying to save a some printing and postage cost, as well as a few trees...I'll try the FAX back "HHonors Automated Account Inquiry Line." Well, my tinge of frustration has now grown to full blown annoyance. When you get the FAX its for the six months that have just expired!!!!!!!

What should have taken, and use to take three minutes to review and file for future reference has now taken an hour, with ZERO results.

I am a reasonable, open minded person, and if you think my frustration is over kill, please humble me if you think I'm over reacting. I just think that we, as people who basically spend months of our lives every year in Hilton properties, appreciate not having to jump through more hoops unnecessarily.

Well, I feel better already !!!

Thoughts?
Old Jun 21, 2000, 5:42 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
What? You were able to spend forty minutes on the Hilton Site without it breaking?

TW
Old Jun 21, 2000, 7:20 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
And I thought the list just didn't make into my mailing.
Old Jun 21, 2000, 10:39 am
In Memoriam

INDPremEx! I had the EXACT same experience yesterday. Called in, requested FAX #109, tie up the FAX machine here at work for a while only to discover the info was for Jan-Jun!! Now, how many times will we have to do this before we get the Jul-Dec info? How will we know before we order it?? Aaaaaahhhh!
Old Jun 21, 2000, 12:23 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Ditto! Also got my 4/30 statement yesterday, and so on, and so forth...

but, on the bright side, I did see that my first Hampton Inn stay since the merger was properly credited with a DOUBLE DIP so I got a 250 CO miles bonus! It's the little things in life that make it worth living!

UPDATE in response to below:

Eugene: Thanks. I take it back. I, frankly, and I know it's somewhat heretical on FT, did NOT even check closely- or at all!

It seems that they provided 250 Bonus Points NOT miles with CO!

Revising my assessment then:
NO room upgrade
OVERcharged $10/ngt (only 2 nts) for room
NO double dip CO miles!
NO indoor pool as described!

Not a great stay- seems I'll NEVER reach HHonors Diamond!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 06-21-2000).]
Old Jun 21, 2000, 12:48 pm

Doc -- Do I miss something here? Hampton Inns are giving just 100 miles per stay, not 250...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.