Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Old May 7, 20, 2:46 pm

Thanks guys. Gonna contemplate this for now.
Old May 8, 20, 9:21 am

Hi, what's with credit card deposit on payment page? Is that refundable if we end up canceling? It looks like it'll charge right away.
Old May 8, 20, 10:06 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by drewdawg199 View Post
I actually only see this:

But when you click on July 1 for a 5 night stay, it does show up standard point availability, which is 89k/night.

Thats messed up, you u cant easily see the 89k nights without clicking into the dates by trial and error?! I notice 89k dates are usually available (if not always?) on "150k" days, and some 163k, but only during off-season.

Does anyone know if awards are peak/off peak now? Or they were released a usual, but those spots already taken?
I see no 89k awards exactly a year from now, which would be May. What time do they release award nights?
Old May 9, 20, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum, AAirpass; Hilton Diamond; Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by linaseta View Post
Thats messed up, you u cant easily see the 89k nights without clicking into the dates by trial and error?! I notice 89k dates are usually available (if not always?) on "150k" days, and some 163k, but only during off-season.

Does anyone know if awards are peak/off peak now? Or they were released a usual, but those spots already taken?
I see no 89k awards exactly a year from now, which would be May. What time do they release award nights?
I'm having the same issue.
Old May 9, 20, 9:35 pm

Having the same issue. Trying to look for a trip in october and can't find any availability using the flexible calendar.....
Old May 13, 20, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cynapse View Post
I'm curious, how was cancelling your airline flights? Did you happen to book with points at all or was it cash/credit card? Did you just call them or email, or? I need to cancel a Hilton and Conrad BB stay, and my Air Tahiti Nui flight, just not looking forward to the latter. I paid in Chase points for nearly all of my base flight, then paid for Premium Economy upgrade in cash. Just dreading it feeling like it is going to be a huge hassle...
I have cancelled all my flights related to this Tahiti trip and other than the Air Tahiti part which booked thru Citi ThankYou points, it was relatively painless.

-- Alaska flight SFO to HNL, coach fare upgraded to F using MVP Gold Guess Upgrade. Alaska agent couldn't be more nicer. They reissued the companion certificate I used and deposited the 3 MVP guest upgrade certificates to my friend's account where it came from (she gifted those certificates to me). I got travel funds deposited to my "wallet" online.

-- Hawaiian airline from HNL to PPT using their miles, cancellation was done via chat, in less than 10 minutes i cancelled 2 separate reservations. My husband's first class ticket on HA was booked via AA so I called AA to cancel, only 10 min waiting on phone. Miles are back and refunds for taxes are issued.

-- Air France from PPT to LAX using Flying Blue, called in and took less than 20 minutes to cancel a reservation for 3. Miles are redeposited to my accounts and taxes/fees refunded.

-- Air Tahiti from Bora Bora to Moorea, they cancel my flight for 6/22, I emailed them but they told me to contact the travel agency where I booked the ticket. Call Citi because I used all citi Thankyou points for 3 one-way ticket. They told me the airline's instruction to them was "hold credit for future travel up to June 30, 2021, must book by Sept 30, 2020". Basically, no refunds! This sucks because it assumes we can travel at a later time. At this point, I am not planning to travel there prior to June 2021. So most likely I will forgo the 50k pts I used. Not sure if Air Tahiti is subject to EU regulation which requires airlines to issue refund not credit for cancelled flights.

Lessons learned! Always book directly with airlines. I rarely book airline tickets through an agency. At this point, I am just glad I hold off booking that PPT to Bora Bora one-way!
Old May 13, 20, 11:03 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
I have booked Air Tahiti directly with credit card, and Air Tahiti refuses cash refunds. I asked the credit card company for refund, we'll see how it goes.
Old May 13, 20, 11:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Accor Diamond; GHA Black; SLH Indulged; IHG Plat Amb
I could see the argument of big international airlines to refuse cash refunds because most customers will have lots of opportunities to fly with them in the future. However Air Tahiti is a very small airline that flies to only one destination and customers cannot know when they can use this again, except if they are residents. To refuse cash refunds is unacceptable.
Old May 16, 20, 3:42 pm

It looks like Air Tahiti is taking reservations again for June-August for those that want to try to get to BOB. I have a reservation end August, will probably wait and see how things pan out before booking my Air Tahiti flight..
Old May 16, 20, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG, Hyatt
Is it me or are there barely any award nights now? Did something change?
U used to be able to consistently find award space one year from the date.
Old May 17, 20, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by frenchie2 View Post
I have cancelled all my flights related to this Tahiti trip and other than the Air Tahiti part which booked thru Citi ThankYou points, it was relatively painless.

-- Alaska flight SFO to HNL, coach fare upgraded to F using MVP Gold Guess Upgrade. Alaska agent couldn't be more nicer. They reissued the companion certificate I used and deposited the 3 MVP guest upgrade certificates to my friend's account where it came from (she gifted those certificates to me). I got travel funds deposited to my "wallet" online.

-- Hawaiian airline from HNL to PPT using their miles, cancellation was done via chat, in less than 10 minutes i cancelled 2 separate reservations. My husband's first class ticket on HA was booked via AA so I called AA to cancel, only 10 min waiting on phone. Miles are back and refunds for taxes are issued.

-- Air France from PPT to LAX using Flying Blue, called in and took less than 20 minutes to cancel a reservation for 3. Miles are redeposited to my accounts and taxes/fees refunded.

-- Air Tahiti from Bora Bora to Moorea, they cancel my flight for 6/22, I emailed them but they told me to contact the travel agency where I booked the ticket. Call Citi because I used all citi Thankyou points for 3 one-way ticket. They told me the airline's instruction to them was "hold credit for future travel up to June 30, 2021, must book by Sept 30, 2020". Basically, no refunds! This sucks because it assumes we can travel at a later time. At this point, I am not planning to travel there prior to June 2021. So most likely I will forgo the 50k pts I used. Not sure if Air Tahiti is subject to EU regulation which requires airlines to issue refund not credit for cancelled flights.

Lessons learned! Always book directly with airlines. I rarely book airline tickets through an agency. At this point, I am just glad I hold off booking that PPT to Bora Bora one-way!
Curious if you've heard any update from Citi regarding this? I also booked with TY points (actually should be departing PPT for BOB in about 15 hours...) and finally spoke to someone helpful from cxLoyalty, the service provider for Citi. They had to put a request into Air Tahiti for a refund so that they can refund me the points. I explicitly stated that I didn't want a credit with the airline as we're not sure when we'll get back to French Polynesia to use that credit. I'm supposed to hear back within 3-5 business days. I'm not overly optimistic, but plan to request the equivalent of a chargeback if Air Tahiti refuses. Its contract of carriage isn't very clear on refunds, FWIW: https://www.airtahiti.com/general-conditions
Old May 18, 20, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by rdh0924 View Post
Curious if you've heard any update from Citi regarding this? I also booked with TY points (actually should be departing PPT for BOB in about 15 hours...) and finally spoke to someone helpful from cxLoyalty, the service provider for Citi. They had to put a request into Air Tahiti for a refund so that they can refund me the points. I explicitly stated that I didn't want a credit with the airline as we're not sure when we'll get back to French Polynesia to use that credit. I'm supposed to hear back within 3-5 business days. I'm not overly optimistic, but plan to request the equivalent of a chargeback if Air Tahiti refuses. Its contract of carriage isn't very clear on refunds, FWIW: https://www.airtahiti.com/general-conditions
For what it's worth, I had the same thing going with Chase UR points. Wasn't able to get anything.
Old May 18, 20, 10:50 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by beefninja View Post
For what it's worth, I had the same thing going with Chase UR points. Wasn't able to get anything.
Thanks for the DP. We're trying to reschedule for next May, but I honestly wonder if we're better off waiting longer until there's a vaccine and we are absolutely sure that we'll be able to travel to French Polynesia and most everything will be open.
Old May 18, 20, 6:16 pm

Gonna be releasing my dates of 8/7 to 8/12.
Old May 18, 20, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by beefninja View Post
Wait, weren't able to get your points back? Or what did you mean exactly?

I'm in process trying to get my Chase UR points refunded now, and my paid upgrade to premium econ. I got Chase on the phone but they attempted to call Air Tahiti Nui while I was on hold and weren't able to get a hold of them, so they had their "Offline Team" reach out to ATN via email for my refund. That was several days ago, still haven't heard anything back yet.

Search this Thread