Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 10:52 pm

Just got back from staying here a few days ago so I will provide some data points/observations:

*Booked with points (5 nights in garden suite @ 89k/night & 1 night to OVW for 225k points). Got upgraded to beach pool villa (noticed via hilton app) about 5 days before check in (only for the first 5 nights; last night was upgraded to deluxe OVW...I asked to switch my room to an OVW from the start but with all of the rooms in the 100s being renovated, space was limited and no OVW until 6th night.

*Decided to take shuttle into Vaitape (asked Conrad booth if they could take out bags while we go into town but they stated they were not allowed to do that). Overall, I would of paid for the actual shuttle straight into the hotel because of hassle of carrying our luggage around the town in between Chin Lee and Robert Wan Pontoon (in addition to the town not having any sidewalks so making it harder dragging luggage through dirt). I was charged 3000 XPF for shuttle into Conrad from Vaitape. Purchased one way direct from Conrad to airport for 14500 XPF to ease our trave for long day of travel back home.

*Both wife and I preferred the beach pool villa due to location (close to gym and reception), pool & beach. OVW was a cool experience but love having the option of walking 15 feet to the ocean plus pool was awesome. OVW pool bungalow would be better but price on those are high.

*Food overall was great; breakfast included with some days not being charged the 1200 XPF supplement charge for ordering of the menu (not sure if they forgot to charge but i ordered 4 days something of the menu and only 1 day received the bill for the charge). They still haven't fixed the issue with bugs all around the fruits and breads...1 day i did see they put some citronella candles but that wasn't sufficient to keep the bugs away.

*Resort was beautiful, clean and huge. We explored all sides of the resort with walking up to the spa area and seeing the lookout facing Mt. Otemanu.

*Service was top notch...never had any service issues and every single worker that we passed by greeted us. By far the most pleasant part of the stay here.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by tmob1024; Feb 20, 2020 at 11:01 pm
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:51 pm

When is the best time to find 89k points night availability here? I checked from now until feb next year and there was only a total of like 7 individual nights that could be booked at that rate.. is it always that sparse?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by slidey
When is the best time to find 89k points night availability here? I checked from now until feb next year and there was only a total of like 7 individual nights that could be booked at that rate.. is it always that sparse?
There isn't really a best time. You basically just have to check multiple times every day until you get something or have to move on to find another resort to stay at. There is no real set release schedule for rooms.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by slidey
Some dates for Feb 2021 have opened up at standard 89K
18 Feb-25th Feb currently.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Neild
Some dates for Feb 2021 have opened up at standard 89K
18 Feb-25th Feb currently.
I checked the Hilton Moorea for the same time and they released the same block of rooms. Funny how one date is missing in there for Hilton, Feb 21-22nd. I feel like the Conrad and Hilton both coincidentally have that 5th night free unavailable a lot of the times you can find a decent block of rooms...seems intentional. /tinfoil hat I encountered that missing 5th consecutive day many times before finally being able to lock down my nights at Conrad in May.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Points for room spend on my stay last year never posted. I followed up multiple times with Hilton, was told it was a known issue that would be corrected and given a case number. I followed up a few more times, largely with the same answer - often asked to provide my folio. I just started to cut and paste the same message.

Doing my routine follow-up, as no one else ever does, I was told that after a year there is nothing they can do for past stays. I pushed back that is was utterly ridiculous to tell me not to worry and get case numbers for them to tell me after a year it is too late. I managed to get them to post the points as courtesy but they didn't count as base points.

As this appears to be a regular issue at the Conrad in Bora Bora -- be a little more diligent than trustworthy if you see they didn't post points on room spend for a reward stay.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 9:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
We had similar issues getting points credited. At one point Hhonors tried to give us compensation of only 25 or 50K points instead of the 250K owing. You need to be persistent with them.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by MtlFire
Points for room spend on my stay last year never posted. I followed up multiple times with Hilton, was told it was a known issue that would be corrected and given a case number. I followed up a few more times, largely with the same answer - often asked to provide my folio. I just started to cut and paste the same message.

Doing my routine follow-up, as no one else ever does, I was told that after a year there is nothing they can do for past stays. I pushed back that is was utterly ridiculous to tell me not to worry and get case numbers for them to tell me after a year it is too late. I managed to get them to post the points as courtesy but they didn't count as base points.

As this appears to be a regular issue at the Conrad in Bora Bora -- be a little more diligent than trustworthy if you see they didn't post points on room spend for a reward stay.
Just to clarify for us newbie Hilton members, you're meaning spend on dinners/spa/etc that were incurred at the resort on your Hilton card, correct? If so, is the expectation that those points will show up immediately after spending and they've posted to the card, or within a week or something after your trip has concluded and the folio was closed? And then you had to follow up via their customer service number? Thank you in advance for the clarifications!
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:47 pm

Please don’t judge me....more specifically my wife and daughter....but I have a question.....

This is for anyone who has stayed up on the hill (by the spa). Will the Conrad come get you in a golf cart if you call them in advance? For our return trip I was thinking of staying in one of those rooms that now have pools. But my family said they don’t want to go up and down the hill every morning for breakfast. I rolled my eyes when they told me that, but happy wife happy life. Our last trip here we stayed in an OW so we walked everywhere.

Thanks
TD
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Please don’t judge me....more specifically my wife and daughter....but I have a question.....

This is for anyone who has stayed up on the hill (by the spa). Will the Conrad come get you in a golf cart if you call them in advance? For our return trip I was thinking of staying in one of those rooms that now have pools. But my family said they don’t want to go up and down the hill every morning for breakfast. I rolled my eyes when they told me that, but happy wife happy life. Our last trip here we stayed in an OW so we walked everywhere.

Thanks
TD
Yes you can call for a buggy to give you a ride. I did that when I was there. Though sometimes it can be a wait because they dont staff even people.

Originally Posted by tmob1024
Just got back from staying here a few days ago so I will provide some data points/observations:

*Booked with points (5 nights in garden suite @ 89k/night & 1 night to OVW for 225k points). Got upgraded to beach pool villa (noticed via hilton app) about 5 days before check in (only for the first 5 nights; last night was upgraded to deluxe OVW...I asked to switch my room to an OVW from the start but with all of the rooms in the 100s being renovated, space was limited and no OVW until 6th night.

*Decided to take shuttle into Vaitape (asked Conrad booth if they could take out bags while we go into town but they stated they were not allowed to do that). Overall, I would of paid for the actual shuttle straight into the hotel because of hassle of carrying our luggage around the town in between Chin Lee and Robert Wan Pontoon (in addition to the town not having any sidewalks so making it harder dragging luggage through dirt). I was charged 3000 XPF for shuttle into Conrad from Vaitape. Purchased one way direct from Conrad to airport for 14500 XPF to ease our trave for long day of travel back home.

*Both wife and I preferred the beach pool villa due to location (close to gym and reception), pool & beach. OVW was a cool experience but love having the option of walking 15 feet to the ocean plus pool was awesome. OVW pool bungalow would be better but price on those are high.

*Food overall was great; breakfast included with some days not being charged the 1200 XPF supplement charge for ordering of the menu (not sure if they forgot to charge but i ordered 4 days something of the menu and only 1 day received the bill for the charge). They still haven't fixed the issue with bugs all around the fruits and breads...1 day i did see they put some citronella candles but that wasn't sufficient to keep the bugs away.

*Resort was beautiful, clean and huge. We explored all sides of the resort with walking up to the spa area and seeing the lookout facing Mt. Otemanu.

*Service was top notch...never had any service issues and every single worker that we passed by greeted us. By far the most pleasant part of the stay here.

Hope this helps.

I ordered off the menu a few times too during my stay a few weeks ago. They did not charge me as well except for one occasion.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:35 pm

Does anyone have the email addresses for reservations for Conrad BB (and Hilton Moorea) handy? I want to contact them for room upgrades. I did a search but came up empty...and google only had a thread from many, many years ago. Thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Does anyone have the email addresses for reservations for Conrad BB (and Hilton Moorea) handy? I want to contact them for room upgrades. I did a search but came up empty...and google only had a thread from many, many years ago. Thank you!
This thread is far better than Google. From page 49: [email protected]
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:56 pm

Okay so I reached out to them, Conrad staff replied back after 2 days and I was just quoted the following prices for upgrades for my points stay:

We understand that the Overwater Bungalow experience on Bora Bora turns out to be a must-do. Should you wish to guarantee an advance upgrade, we are pleased to make a very special offer to go from the standard room to a beautiful King Deluxe Overwater Villa at the rate of XPF 45,000 per night, to the wonderful King Pool Overwater Villa at the rate of 120,000 XPF per night and to the fabulous end-of-pontoon Royal Pool Overwater Villa at XPF 255,000 per night.

I know I want to guarantee an OWB, so I'm considering just paying the 45,000 xpf to secure the Deluxe OWB. If it happens to work out that we get upgraded to a Pool OWB, I'd be all for it. Kinda sad to see the Pool OWB quoted at 120,000 xpf per night, I remember not long ago in this thread people were quoted 90,000 xpf for it, which I might have considered paying (would be cool to have a private pool, and have a very slim chance at upgrade to a Royal OWB). Crazy that just in October quotes for 40,000 for the Pool OWB and 100,000 for the Royal OWB.

Should I try calling them to negotiate a better rate on the Pool or Royal? Some people recommended this, curious on any recent success stories with this tactic.

Also this appears to be the updated resort map from the reclassification of rooms after the renovations and upgrades they're doing now. So Deluxe OWB is not the low 100-105 rooms it was before, those have been reclassified to Pool and Otemanu View OWBs.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 19, 2020 at 6:28 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Also this appears to be the updated resort map from the reclassification of rooms after the renovations and upgrades they're doing now. So Deluxe OWB is not the low 100-105 rooms it was before, those have been reclassified to Pool and Otemanu View OWBs.

I see the two-bedroom horizon are on the new map. I have been told those are on hold. Can anyone who is there ask what the new plan is to completion.

Thanks
TD
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:15 am

Just wanted to check again if anyone has had recent success calling Conrad to negotiate rates lower than quoted via email. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.