Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 10:52 pm

Thanks for the review bassmanben!
Old May 31, 2019, 10:13 am

Thanks for review.
For comparison the St Regis Maldives had bikes for everyone labeled with room number.
Old May 31, 2019, 6:14 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by countingmiles
Thanks for review.
For comparison the St Regis Maldives had bikes for everyone labeled with room number.
I loved that feature when I stayed there. You never have to worry about whether your bike will still be there after doing something on the island!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:20 pm

going to be there in August - was wondering what the wifi speed / throughput reach is like, and if it reaches the OWVs?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
going to be there in August - was wondering what the wifi speed / throughput reach is like, and if it reaches the OWVs?
We were at the far end of the OW Villas. No issues with internet. We were able to surf, stream videos and monitor home security cameras with no issues. It was so good we never turned on the TVs in the room. Just looked at content from our devices. We also streamed music from our Alexa App and Pandora over the Bluetooth speakers in the room inside/outside. Very nice feature.

My wife thought I was a dork for taking this picture outside our room. Guilty as charged. The orange conduit usually signifies fiber cabling. That ran directly to our room.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jun 3, 2019 at 7:51 pm
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

We were at the far end of the OW Villas. No issues with internet. We were able to surf, stream videos and monitor home security cameras with no issues. It was so good we never turned on the TVs in the room. Just looked at content from our devices. We also streamed music from our Alexa App and Pandora over the Bluetooth speakers in the room inside/outside. Very nice feature.

My wife thought I was a dork for taking this picture outside our room. Guilty as charged. The orange conduit usually signifies fiber cabling. That ran directly to our room.

Thanks for the info :-)
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
Agree with Traveler Dave. Internet in the room was excellent. Actually it was better there than in the main part of the resort from my experience.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:31 pm

If you’re diamond, any reason to go for those standby upgrades. Those aren’t guaranteed anyways, so if they’re available, wouldn’t you be upgraded for diamond?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:53 pm

Eco fee and taxes on award stay?

just curious if the Conrad charged city taxes and eco fee on award stays? I’m seeing those added to my total charges per day.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by LBJFlight23
If you’re diamond, any reason to go for those standby upgrades. Those aren’t guaranteed anyways, so if they’re available, wouldn’t you be upgraded for diamond?
All about supply and demand...and perhaps how the Hilton person is feeling that day. The website states they are not required to give Diamonds upgrades, but often do. But the place could be empty and they are not obligated to offer any upgrade. We wanted to insure a OW pool room so we paid the advance upgrade offer. When we arrived there were no OW pool rooms available. Had we not paid in advance there would not have been any inventory to upgrade to even if they were so nice.

If you want it book it,,,,or roll the dice.....

TD
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hilton

TD

as you streamed alexa and pandora, did you need to subscribe to vpn or did they work in FP
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by ntan1977

as you streamed alexa and pandora, did you need to subscribe to vpn or did they work in FP
About 98% sure we needed a VPN. There are some good free ones, but I usually do a single month subscription on the most popular one from the App Store. Less hassle/annoyance.

TD
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hilton

About 98% sure we needed a VPN. There are some good free ones, but I usually do a single month subscription on the most popular one from the App Store. Less hassle/annoyance.

TD
Thanks TD. Leaving in about a week and will subscribe to a vpn. Was actually thinking of taking our Alexa dot with us as the kids like to request songs, but not sure how to setup vpn on Alexa. It’s easy on the phone but not so much on the device.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ntan1977

Thanks TD. Leaving in about a week and will subscribe to a vpn. Was actually thinking of taking our Alexa dot with us as the kids like to request songs, but not sure how to setup vpn on Alexa. It’s easy on the phone but not so much on the device.
Install Alexa app on phone
Install VPN on phone
Connect phone to Conrad WiFi
Enable hotspot on phone (hopefully your phone/tablet has that feature)
Use Alexa app to connect DOT to you phone hotspot/WiFi

Think I have covered all the steps. If anyone sees an error please correct me. If there is an easier way please add .02.

TD
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:52 pm

Sunscreen?

Can anyone who’s been lately comment on if sunscreen is provided at facilities (pool?) and if so, what is SPF etc...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.