Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
120,000 to 160,000 HHonors points for just 1 night at Bora Bora Nui would not surprise me.

At that level, I won't be redeeming points there unless I rediscover how to make HHonors points grow on trees.
IT was closer to the 160k level with SPG. Most people thought it was worth it, since it is a once in a lifetime type thing.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Gold, UA Premier
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
Great news - but no details.

http://www.hiltonworldresorts.com/ne...ndex+++opening

Start saving your points (air & Hilton)

Also for the same South Pacific trip

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Hilton Rarotonga Resort & Spa

Fiji Beach Resort and Spa Managed by Hilton

I just returned from the Fiji Beach Resort and Spa Managed by Hilton. This was a very nice complex. It is a collection of individual condos that Hilton manages and services, rangings from studios to 3 bedroom units. It was a great trip. (By the way current exchange rates are $1FJD = $.51US) I hope that Bora Bora is as nice.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by troyintn
IT was closer to the 160k level with SPG. Most people thought it was worth it, since it is a once in a lifetime type thing.
Value of points is one of the main factors for me to determine whether I will stick with a hotel program. If they want my business, they should make the points worth. I wonder how SPG can compete with other hotel prgrams like IHG. The 2 IHG properties at Bora Bora (thalasso and le Moana) take only 40K / night each. For 160K at Bora Bora Nui, you can stay 4 nights at IC Thalasso or le Moana, and the Thalasso property can easily blow BB Nui and even Le Meridien away. Since I'm pretty new to HH and SPG although I have diamond and platinum status respectively, can anyone tell me, for example, let say if I pay $400 a night for the room at HH, SPG and IHG hotels, among the 3 hotel programs which one I will get the most points?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Value of points is one of the main factors for me to determine whether I will stick with a hotel program. If they want my business, they should make the points worth. I wonder how SPG can compete with other hotel prgrams like IHG. The 2 IHG properties at Bora Bora (thalasso and le Moana) take only 40K / night each. For 160K at Bora Bora Nui, you can stay 4 nights at IC Thalasso or le Moana, and the Thalasso property can easily blow BB Nui and even Le Meridien away. Since I'm pretty new to HH and SPG although I have diamond and platinum status respectively, can anyone tell me, for example, let say if I pay $400 a night for the room at HH, SPG and IHG hotels, among the 3 hotel programs which one I will get the most points?
I earn points cheapest and fastest with ICHG but that's mostly by way of staying at ICHG hotels that are not going by the InterContinental name itself.

The differences between earning and spending points across various brands is the reason why diversifying across hotel programs or finding people to have an exchange-related "understanding" is so valuable for those who want the best bang for the buck.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:13 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Some of the SPG managed properties in FP recently would not allow points to be used for overwater bungalows. You could only use points to book and upgrade up to a beachfront. The points were increased this year to 20,000/night for Moorea. That is comparable with other chains.

Now, the Hilton Moorea will be 40,000 points/night (garden room). I imagine they will continue to only offer upgrades to overwater bungalows for a cash upgrade (normally its been between $90 to $200 depending on what bungalow you were upgrading from. They have 3 land catagories, garden, premium garden and beachfront. Then they have overwater and overwater horizon.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 1:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Churnman
Some of the SPG managed properties in FP recently would not allow points to be used for overwater bungalows. You could only use points to book and upgrade up to a beachfront. The points were increased this year to 20,000/night for Moorea. That is comparable with other chains.

Now, the Hilton Moorea will be 40,000 points/night (garden room). I imagine they will continue to only offer upgrades to overwater bungalows for a cash upgrade (normally its been between $90 to $200 depending on what bungalow you were upgrading from. They have 3 land catagories, garden, premium garden and beachfront. Then they have overwater and overwater horizon.
For Moorea, that would not surprise me.

With regard to how comparable with other chains, I am not so sure about that being relevant to my situation anyway. 20k SPG points per night strikes me as less than favorable compared to ICHG's 30k points per night. This is even more pronounced when some creative wheeling and dealing with the 20k SPG points has lead to well more than 30k ICHG points, perhaps even 60k+ ICHG points -- end result 2+ InterContinental nights on FP for what would have been just 1 Starwood night at Moorea.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 9:55 am

For me, SPG has been more valuable then most programs because I'm able to gain points using credit cards rather then just stays making it easier to attain free stays. Does Intercontinental have a credit card? I've only stayed at one Intercontinental and that was years ago in Israel. Enjoyed my stay with them.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Churnman
For me, SPG has been more valuable then most programs because I'm able to gain points using credit cards rather then just stays making it easier to attain free stays. Does Intercontinental have a credit card? I've only stayed at one Intercontinental and that was years ago in Israel. Enjoyed my stay with them.
I prefer collecting SPG points too ...... at least generally -- it's how/where I spend them that is more up in the air.

InterContinental Hotels Group does have a credit card that earns points -- it goes by the Priority Club points program affiliated credit card.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I prefer collecting SPG points too ...... at least generally -- it's how/where I spend them that is more up in the air.

InterContinental Hotels Group does have a credit card that earns points -- it goes by the Priority Club points program affiliated credit card.
Thank you. I'll check that card out.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:38 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
The Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa website is up & running. It is scheduled to open in January 2009 (cat.6).
Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
HH Cat. 6 at 40k HH points per night seems like a decent trade off for the hotels old SPG levels at 20-25k SPG points. ^
Old Jan 9, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
On the SPG board, someone said the Sheraton Tahiti is also moving to Hilton but it is not mentioned in the list of resorts linked by the OP. That list seems to cover the period through early 2010, so is the Sheraton Tahiti still moving to Hilton? I am trying to figure out what category it would be if Moorea is a Cat 6, surely Tahiti would be less than that. It goes for 10,000 SPG points or 4000 points plus $60 on Cash and Pay.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 4:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've seen conjecture somewhere that while the Sheraton Tahiti is certainly leaving Starwood, it might not be picked up by Hilton. If Hilton doesn't manage it, I've seen no thoughts as to what chain might.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Ambassador Club,Delta FF,USAIR FF
Bora Bora Nua

Has the Bora Bora Hilton been removed from the new openings in Feb? I no longer see it on the new opens page?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by christianj
HH Cat. 6 at 40k HH points per night seems like a decent trade off for the hotels old SPG levels at 20-25k SPG points. ^
Actually, Christian, with an AXON award, it is a little over 31,000 points! ^

20,000 -25,000 SPG points per night vs. approx 31,000 HHonors points per night on a 4 night AXON award. Inasmuch as most people will contemplate spending at least 4 nights at such a remote loction, I think that it is now a better value under the Hilton program.

SPG's loss is Hilton's gain. As many of us have deep links with both programs, at least most of us should come out ok.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jan 11, 2009 at 9:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.