Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Great news - but no details.

http://www.hiltonworldresorts.com/ne...ndex+++opening

Start saving your points (air & Hilton)

Also for the same South Pacific trip

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Hilton Rarotonga Resort & Spa

Fiji Beach Resort and Spa Managed by Hilton
Old Dec 26, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat/Oneworld Sapphire
It says Feb 2009, but you would think they'd start taking reservations if that was for real.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
take over from Starwood

I did a google search, but found no further information on the new resorts. So perhaps these two properties are from Starwood:

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa (from Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection)

Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa (from Sheraton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa)

However, SPG site has not yet put up any change notice...

If this is true, it will be a welcoming change. Since the two properties are at SPG category 6 and 7, which require much more points than Hilton category 6.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Hilton also announced that it is opening the Hilton Iguazu Falls. According to this link, it is a brand new hotel.

The brand will ring in 2008 with a brand-new 5-star resort in Puerto Iguazu, site of Argentina's second most visited destination Iguazu Falls. The resort will be one of the first to offer direct access to Iguazu Falls through boat tours departing from an on-site marina.

There is already a Sheraton right at the falls on the Argentinean side.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Hilton also announced that it is opening the Hilton Iguazu Falls. According to this link, it is a brand new hotel.

The brand will ring in 2008 with a brand-new 5-star resort in Puerto Iguazu, site of Argentina's second most visited destination Iguazu Falls. The resort will be one of the first to offer direct access to Iguazu Falls through boat tours departing from an on-site marina.

There is already a Sheraton right at the falls on the Argentinean side.
I saw the Hilton coming soon sign while I was there in Jan 2008. I don't recall the sign at least being within views of the falls like the Sheraton is. I thought I remember it being a couple miles away. Also, 11 months ago the building had not been under construction yet, unless trees and other buildings were blocking it?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:06 pm
Community Director Emerita

Puerto Iguazu is 11 km from the falls. My interpretation, given that it says it will have its own marina, is that it is on the river. It certainly will be a different experience than being right at the falls. The link that Bondiboy gave in his first post says that the hotel will open "late 2009".
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:49 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by jyu174
I did a google search, but found no further information on the new resorts. So perhaps these two properties are from Starwood:

Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa (from Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa, a Luxury Collection)

If this is true, it will be a welcoming change. Since the two properties are at SPG category 6 and 7, which require much more points than Hilton category 6.
But how easy is it to gain Hilton points using a credit card? I've built up enough points with my Starwood credit cards to book a free vacation at the Sheraton Moorea for 10 days (already booked). I haven't used a Hilton credit card in years. I hope they'll give hefty bonus awards at sign up.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:25 pm
Suspended

why do I have this strange feeling that these places will end up as Waldorf Collections (if in fact its the SPG Hotels) with 60-80k pts needed per night
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum 100; Hilton Gold; Ritz Gold; UA 1K
Originally Posted by craz
why do I have this strange feeling that these places will end up as Waldorf Collections (if in fact its the SPG Hotels) with 60-80k pts needed per night
If it's called "Hilton ... Resort", then it's a Hilton, not Conrad, not W=A. This implies 40K points per night, at max.

Last edited by jyu174; Dec 29, 2008 at 3:58 pm
Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I can't wait to redeem my points at these resorts, this is a big plus for the hilton program!

cheers,

Timo
Old Dec 29, 2008, 3:56 pm
Suspended

If it's called "Hilton ... Resort", then it's a Hilton, not Conrad, not W=A. This implies 60K points per night, at max.
well maybe for a few of the rooms if any

there used to be a Hilton Key west on an Island off KW was Sunset key a part of HKW yet separate , no UPs or anything else and I believe it was aheck of alot of more pts to get a room there then by HKW.

I take it the Over the water Bungs wont be Upgradable to, if they will be had for pts at all is something else.

I just wouldnt get my hopes up that it will cost 40k or even 60k, I wouldnt be surprised to see HH have it in a special Cat
Old Dec 29, 2008, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC

On the SPG board it has been confirmed that the Bora Bora is leaving. Not sure how it will work with Hilotn points since they have a lot of suites, which can be booked at SPG, versus Hilton's only standard rooms
Old Dec 30, 2008, 3:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
120,000 to 160,000 HHonors points for just 1 night at Bora Bora Nui would not surprise me.

At that level, I won't be redeeming points there unless I rediscover how to make HHonors points grow on trees.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
If it's called "Hilton ... Resort", then it's a Hilton, not Conrad, not W=A. This implies 40K points per night, at max.
I wouldn't hold my breath on this! I too believe that the redemption will be much higher. I suspect that this will be treated like the Qasr Al Sharq in Jeddah which is part of the Waldorf Astoria Collection and requires 120k for a Junior Suite and 160k for an Executive Suite....so basically my prediction is in line with GUWonder. Hopefully it will be less but I wouldn't be too suprised to see these redemption numbers. The fact that "Hilton" is in the name doesn't mean it can't require more points....just remember back to the Hilton Key West Sunset Cottages! Did that place even offer redemptions?

Last edited by christianj; Dec 30, 2008 at 7:17 am
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by christianj
I wouldn't hold my breath on this! I too believe that the redemption will be much higher. I suspect that this will be treated like the Qasr Al Sharq in Jeddah which is part of the Waldorf Astoria Collection and requires 120k for a Junior Suite and 160k for an Executive Suite....so basically my prediction is in line with GUWonder. Hopefully it will be less but I wouldn't be too suprised to see these redemption numbers. The fact that "Hilton" is in the name doesn't mean it can't require more points....just remember back to the Hilton Key West Sunset Cottages! Did that place even offer redemptions?
The Trianon Palace hotel outside of Paris is joining Hilton next month and it may even be known as the Hilton Trianon Palace -- need to verify that however -- and it is definitely going to be a Waldorf-Astoria Collection hotel too and all that such classification indicates when it comes to HHonors redemptions. The name -- as you rightfully indicate -- is not going to stop Hilton from making such properties very expensive in point terms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.