Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Jul 16, 14, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
I'm currently planning a trip to Orlando for next easter. We will be spending about5 days, mainly going to WDW.

I've provisionally booked the I Drive Grand Vacations. We are a family of three with a 9 year old, so the separate bedroom is handy. We also want to have a kitchen, as we can at least have breakfast and food in the evening without having to eat out all the time.

Given our requirements, our other options are places like Homewood Suites, some of which seem slightly better placed for WDW and are cheaper. I'm thinking that the Grand Vacations place would be nicer to stay at and worth the extra cost. I'm sure we will be leaving some time for relaxing away from the parks.

Does anyone have any comments regarding access to WDW from there. I don't think it is too bad from what I've read. I know there is also the newer Grand Vacations, which is more expensive again and doesn't look a lot better placed.

Will we be happy staying there, or should I have another look around?
Old Jul 16, 14, 7:52 am

I haven't stayed at the property on I-Drive but last year we stayed at the HGVC next to Sea World and enjoyed it so much we're staying there again this year. I would suspect that the I-Drive property would have a similar set up. Our son (who was 9 at the time) thought that it was great because there were so many activities going on at the resort itself, plus a kids club with activities. The room set up sounds like what you have and it was really nice to have the extra space (in addition to having the kitchen and laundry).

I don't know if you're renting a car but you can check into shuttle transportation from the hotel to WDW. I would also suggest that you have a look at disboards.com if you haven't already as it is a great resource for all things Disney and Orlando area. There's bound to be an extensive discussion thread or two on the HGVC I-Drive there.
Old Jul 16, 14, 11:27 am

Programs: AA
It's hideous.

The problem is the intersection of Vineland and 535. With all the traffic to the hotels and the outlets. traffic through that section is real bad, you can spend a hour just in that one section when it is at its worst. You also have to do a lot of crossing double-roads. Having said that, the new overpass will be open, that could have a big affect on traffic as well - go up that road by McDonalds (I dont know its name) and that leads you to an overpass over I4 to Palm Parkway.

For the vacation properties, I thin Soliel is better located, but may be pricier. Have you looked into the Homewood Suites? There is one on Pal Parkway which is pretty convenient.
Old Jul 17, 14, 1:49 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
Thanks for the comments. To be honest, the traffic is my main concern about the I Drive Grand Vacations. It seems the overpass is now open, but that area does appear to be very busy.

I think I prefer to pay a bit extra for the Grand Vacations places, especially as they seem to come with balconies, which I tend to use a lot in the evenings. I think I'll wait until Parc Soleil opens up for bookings and then decide whether it's worth paying the extra. Reviews seem better there, the location a bit better and parking a lot better.

Thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 18, 14, 1:59 pm

I just signed up for a 3 night HGV package in Orlando, with timeshare presentation. We have kids 4 and 6 years old, as well as a newborn. We would probably only do one day at an amusement park, and try to maximize the time at hotel. So which property (probably one of the HGV properties) has the best on-site facilities and activities for kids? Also, do the HGVs all have kitchen(ette)s?
Old Sep 13, 14, 11:50 am

Programs: WA,AA,BA,SPG,HH
WA Orlando on Points

I'm planning a mid-October 3 night stay. Shuttle to WDW parks is important, I'm skipping a rental this go. Couple + a 7 year old, so pool time is important too.

I'm looking at the following options, in order (we like suites):

WA Orlando Deluxe Suite w Balcony at 229,680 points (60k are from MR transfer)
Hilton LBV Jr Suite at 216,000 points (50l are from MR transfer)

2nd list includes
Dolphin at 30,000 (I like the Swan at 30k, not the Dolphin though)
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - 2 night cert redemption + UR points one night

Any point evaluators out there love or hate any of these options more than the others? I keep doing the math and am unsure which scenario feels like the best buy with points. THANKS!
Old Sep 13, 14, 1:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt,Marriott,AA
Did you already rule out Doubletree Suites? All their rooms are real suites, it has shuttle to WDW (its on official WDW property), and generally low rates if you want to save your points for somewhere more expensive. WDW in October is a cheap time to use cash instead of points. Doubletree address is 2305 Hotel Plaza, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, 32830 For a mousesaver rate, periodically you should try this corporate code: 0560064645 At the moment, however, that code is only good until Sept 23 and the rate is $89 and includes full hot breakfasts. However, the code sometimes becomes effective when closer to the arrival date. (for more info see mousesavers.com). IMO, burning points in October in Orlando is not a optimal use of points. But of course, YMMV. Don't forget to punch in codes from MVP and TeamUSA (see the separate discount points thread in this forum). Good luck, happy trails.

Originally Posted by 98Mike View Post
I'm planning a mid-October 3 night stay. Shuttle to WDW parks is important, I'm skipping a rental this go. Couple + a 7 year old, so pool time is important too.

I'm looking at the following options, in order (we like suites):

2nd list includes
Dolphin at 30,000 (I like the Swan at 30k, not the Dolphin though)
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress - 2 night cert redemption + UR points one night

Any point evaluators out there love or hate any of these options more than the others? I keep doing the math and am unsure which scenario feels like the best buy with points. THANKS!
Old Sep 13, 14, 2:00 pm

I had four stays (15 nights) at the Hilton LBV since May. It's a fantastic location but there always was some moderate problem during my stay. Those problems were compounded by an indifferent staff. I swear they must be trained to avoid eye contact and never smile.

From seeing the Junior Suites while Housekeeping is cleaning, I wouldn't recommend them. It's just a slightly larger standard room where the angle of the building changes.

I just returned from a 4-night stay at the Doubletree Suites LBV. It's on the same bus route as the Hilton LBV. Every room is a 2-room suite and the staff is very pleasant. Although, the pool is unremarkable.
Old Sep 13, 14, 2:20 pm

Programs: WA,AA,BA,SPG,HH
Originally Posted by sallyerd View Post
Did you already rule out Doubletree Suites? Good luck, happy trails.
I appreciate the insight! I haven't ruled out any property yet. Just trying to figure out what I'm missing, like advice on the DT, and if the points for the WA suite make sense. I have no other upcoming trips to book, they're all booked. So this was just some earn and burn going on... I can't help but want to not save them though.
Old Sep 13, 14, 11:14 pm

I haven't ruled out any property yet. Just trying to figure out what I'm missing, like advice on the DT...
Here is a link to my FlyerTalk review of the Doubletree LBV from March:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22514781-post241.html

As I wrote, I also stayed there this week. Everything in that review still applies. Thankfully, they do not have a resort fee. I'm HHonors Gold and was placed on the top floor with a view of Downtown Disney.
Old Dec 29, 16, 7:27 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-HI}

Search this Thread
Search Engine: