FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1811531-archive-2014-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-near-orlando-florida-usa-us-fl.html)

Klineact Jun 12, 2002 8:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anandrag:
Is there room service at the HGVC? What's an ES?</font>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think HGVC has room service since they are villas/condos (whatever they are called) and have a kitchen.... I am assuming ES stands for Embassy Suites

------------------
Dena

Markieg Jun 12, 2002 10:20 am

I thought I read that church Street Station had closed?

I've stayed at a few properties in orlando, personally I would stay at homewood suites on idrive as its cheap, good quality and staff have been good. Its also fairly close to the airport and then on to downtown disney/Citywalk or whatever. Personally (as a tourist!) I would stroll idrive and find a decent restaurant (there are loads of all qualities and prices).

jabez Jun 12, 2002 11:50 am

No Room service at HGVC. I usually go hit a nice restaurant for carry out and can use oven/microwave tio keep food warm.Be careful of I drive,if you are during peak times. The traffic is awful.

RoadWeary Jun 12, 2002 5:47 pm

I like the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista resort. Nice rooms, free breakfast, and very close to Downtown Disney at WDW.

YVR Cockroach Jul 5, 2002 9:42 am

Just bumping this forward. Anyone else got anything to add? Thinking of the Hilton at LBV for $98. How do they treat Golds there?

Other possibilities are ES at MCO and various Hoewood Suites.

freqflyNW Jul 6, 2002 8:35 am

Just to add my 2 cents.

I really like Homewood Suites on International Drive (near Universal).
The Manager is very attentive, breakfast is very good manager reception M-T is great.

Homewood Suites on Parkway Blvd is a dive. Very close to 4 and noisy. Rooms are run down and air does not work in many rooms. Building 2 is the quietest. Management is not very receptive to correcting problems. Breakfast is terrible. I will not stay there again.

HGVC has weekend rates of $79 for a studio, one bedrom slightly higher. Better than a hotel room but no room service. The studio has a microwave and small refridge. Very nice property, but no status upgrades. I have stayed there as recently as last week and like the porperty. I got a room closer to 2PM but that is not always the norm.

I have stayed at Hilton LBV I find it OK.

Near LBV is a Homewood suites ( haven't stayed there yet rates always higher than other properties)

tvelinsk Jul 8, 2002 7:34 am

I would say if you are just spending a single night in Orlando, I would just stay at the airport Embassy Suites. They have a shuttle - no need to rent a car - and we were able to get a room there Saturday night for $88.

jfl Jul 19, 2002 12:11 pm

Orlando recomendations/comments?

Any comments on either the
'Doubletree Resort Villas at Maingate' on Irlo Bronson Hwy
or the
'Homewood Suites on International Drive' near Universal Studios.

Both are available for point stretcher awards for the time period I'm seeking.
The DoubleTree is listed as a Classic while the Homewood is a Select, therefore a bit cheaper in points cost.

Opinions appreciated. Thanks.

------------------
JFL

keywestbars Jul 19, 2002 12:31 pm

I have stayed at both. I hated the double tree at maingate. The propery is older and not in the best part of maingate area. The homewood suites was great. Only a couple of years old, and many thing to do in walking distance. The area around the homewood suites in new also. A great shopping center called point orlando with lots of places to eat(just a 1 minute walk from the hotel).The double tree was worn down and in need of a major facelift. The homewood suites was so much nicer. The homewood I stayed in was near the Universal studios. I enjoyed the option of walking to places to eat and drink. Here is the address of the one I stayed at 8745 International Drive. Have sent a few friends there and they all loved it.

keywestbars Jul 19, 2002 12:34 pm

Fyi - point orlando complex 1 min walk block from Homewood suites

http://www.pointeorlandofl.com/

RDY3238 Aug 4, 2002 5:56 pm

WDW award - DT or ES?

I have read a ton of posts on this topic, but I'm still uncertain which way to go.
Don't like the Hilton WDW.
Option 1. I'm leaning toward the Doubletree Guest Suites/Resort Maingate Orlando, (unless its terrible) as its available on a pointstretcher for 81k for my dates.
Is there a Gold u/grade available here?
Option 2. Embassy Suites LBV. 135k points.
Option 3. Homewood Suites LBV. (read some negative reports on this place)
Any other ideas?
Thanks

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 08-04-2002).]

stevenl57 Aug 4, 2002 7:48 pm

I've booked ES-LBV for an award stay for next March. Besides feedback here, there were a number of good write-ups on Travelocity. Why 135K points, you must be the last person on earth not gold http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

RDY3238 Aug 4, 2002 8:05 pm

Steven, do you mean as a Gold I should do the GLON at ES LBV? - although I only need 5 nights, its still cheaper than 5 x nights at the Classic category...

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 08-04-2002).]

[email protected] Aug 5, 2002 12:15 pm

the double tree in wdw was terrific.
we had a great room with great service !

the biggest thing my kids got a kick out of was there was a mini tv mounted in the bathroom on the counter so that could watch while they took a bath !

why don't you like the hilton in wdw ?? i was going to book it for next year now that they have had a big renovation ??

the best deals are the glon promo's for either of these properties !!

thanks,

scott

------------------

stevenl57 Aug 5, 2002 2:33 pm

My understanding is that GLON wasn't available for the Doubletree in DownTown Disney, being a premium hotel. The Hilton also is, but is available for a TEEN award.