Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Did you like the pool? My kids loved the lazy river and the water slide. We walked over from the Waldorf almost every day.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EyeTraveler
Stayed at the Walt Disney World Hilton in October....<snip>.....Nice property and staff is very accomodating.
I really appreciate the feedback. I'm headed to Hilton at WDW, 18-25 December 2010. As a Diamond VIP, I was curious of what to expect. Of course, I'll take anything I can get, but your information is noteworthy.

I believe I got a good rate. As a AAA member, it's $79/nt., for a "room to be selected at check-in."

I'm in the process of planning my week at WDW/EPCOT/Studios. I'm an EPCOT-attraction-type person, as opposed to a Magic Kingdom fan. Any advice regarding planning and current attractions would be appreciated. I haven't been to WDW since the mid-80's.

I purchased a 10-day (non-expiring) Park-Hopper Ticket. Has anyone here actually gone to two or more parks in one day?

In advance, thanks for your contribution!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ProudPatriot
I really appreciate the feedback. I'm headed to Hilton at WDW, 18-25 December 2010. As a Diamond VIP, I was curious of what to expect. Of course, I'll take anything I can get, but your information is noteworthy.

I believe I got a good rate. As a AAA member, it's $79/nt., for a "room to be selected at check-in."

I'm in the process of planning my week at WDW/EPCOT/Studios. I'm an EPCOT-attraction-type person, as opposed to a Magic Kingdom fan. Any advice regarding planning and current attractions would be appreciated. I haven't been to WDW since the mid-80's.

I purchased a 10-day (non-expiring) Park-Hopper Ticket. Has anyone here actually gone to two or more parks in one day?

In advance, thanks for your contribution!
Yes all the time but keep in mind you are going at one of the busiest times of the year so you may just end up doing one. Incidently, I am staying just one night @ Hilton WDW while you are there. Check in with the family Dec 21st. We are going to see a Christmas Mickey Mouse do a few FP rides and just relax - huge advantage when you live 2hrs away and have annual passes
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I may have said so earlier in this thread (it's been awhile since I've been active) but if you have your own car I highly recommend the Hilton Bonnet Creek. It's leaps and bounds better than any other Hilton property in the area, other than the adjacent W=A Bonnet Creek which is connected via a convention center.

I've had 2 stays at the Hilton Bonnet Creek in the last year, one in December '09 and one weekend before last. The first was a one night stay on a $79/night grand opening rate (3 months after actual opening). I was Diamond at the time and my wife and I were upgraed to one of a few Presidential Suites of unprecedented scale. The second stay include myself (now only Silver), my wife, out 16 month old triplets, and a cousin acting as travel nanny. We were upgraded to a Double + Parlor suite that, while nowhere near as large or impressive as the Presidential Suite, was perfect for our large family group. I'm fairly sure the most recent upgrade was due to the fact that 3 pack-and-plays would be a rather tight fit in a standard room.

During the first stay we enjoyed the Diamond breakfast option and upgraded ($6/each at the time) to the hot breakfast buffet which was wonderful. We also used the provided shuttle, though it was a bit on the slow side due to a long waiting period at the W=A after first loading at the Hilton, along with frequent stops at all of the different parks and downtown. The shuttle was the only downside but serviceable if you don't have unruly or impatient kids with you. If you have your own vehicle, it's probably preferable to taking the slow shuttle and is a requirement for us when traveling with the triplets. That said, parking is also a bit steep by Orlando standards at $13/night for self-parking. The coffee shop in the lobby is also a bit overpriced and mediocre in quality, but single-serve coffee makers and Lavazza pods are provided in-room.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion, Avis First
I haven't stayed that time of year, but from what I have read, it will be very busy. We did not do any park hopping, simply stayed at each park for the day. As far as Epcot, "Soarin'" is the ride I would being concerned with getting a FastPass for early. These go quickly and the wait was much longer than any other ride we saw the entire week we were there. "Soarin'" was hands down our family's favorite ride. The only other ride we had any issues with all week was the "Toy Story" ride at Hollywood Studios. All FastPasses gone by 11 am and very long stand-by times. In October, the average wait for anything was under 15 minutes (very fortunate) but these two in particular had wait times that reached over 2 hours at times. Both were fun, but kids weren't too fond of the wait. Have fun.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by EyeTraveler
As far as Epcot, "Soarin'" is the ride I would being concerned with getting a FastPass for early. These go quickly and the wait was much longer than any other ride we saw the entire week we were there. "Soarin'" was hands down our family's favorite ride.......
Great advice!

I noticed EPCOT has "MORNING Extra Hours" on the 19th, so I'll read up on FastPass, and make it my priority to get there as early as possible.

To all, thanks again for your helpful commentary and advice.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by jjlovecub
......... Incidently, I am staying just one night @ Hilton WDW while you are there. Check in with the family Dec 21st. We are going to see a Christmas Mickey Mouse do a few FP rides and just relax - huge advantage when you live 2hrs away and have annual passes
Just curious......

Did you happen to see the TripAdvisor review from Dec. 8, 2010? A frequent contributor to that site claims there's a bedbug infestation at Hilton WDW. This same person has written strong and favorable commentary about Hilton properties in the past, so I don't think its a disgruntled customer.

I wrote a note to Hilton Honors to inquire about that review. I'm not scared away by one person's review, but given TripAdvisor's readership (millions), I'm surprised the Manager of Hilton WDW did not respond (as of Dec. 14). If I get a response, I'll post it.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 10:21 pm

Just finished a 2 night stay at the WA Orlando. I have been SPG Plat for 10 years, and this was my first experience as an HH Diamond. I was really impressed by the property, staff, and recognition I received.

I had two standard (connecting) rooms booked, and was upgraded to what I would call a "parlor" suite, connecting with a standard room. Very nice. My only complaint was that although the King bed room had excellent noise-proofing, according to the kids, they could hear other people and staff during the night and early morning from the double room.

The property was very clean, and the staff went out of their way to treat me well. Unfortunately, the weather wasn't good this morning, so we didn't get to take advantage of the Hilton pool/lazy river like we had planned.

I will probably be staying here many times in the future.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:33 pm

Stayed 2 nights WA Bonnet Creek. Excellent hotel. Usually stay at RC Grand Lakes. I like the WA better, closer to Disney but remote enough not to feel commercialized and equal service. Very comfortable Buses run every 20 minutes to parks and Downtown Disney. Gave me 2 free drink certificates unfortunately no Exec Lounge. They status matched to Gold from my SPG and Lowes Plat. Nice 2 room suite and service was impeccable. Rates are steep for new year but feel added cost is much better than Dolphin or Swan option.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Doubletree trip report

The Doubletree near Downtown Disney was so bad it became my post in a thread about "your worst experience" at Hilton properties.

My brother and his family stayed there late last year and I just heard from them that the dangerous electrical conditions I saw in 2006 and 2008 were still present, at least in the suite they occupied.
These are:
Outlets so worn out that stuff won't stay plugged in. Take some duct tape if you want to charge your phone and camera.
An electrical octopus under the couch or end table, using non-commercial-grade components (this was not present in my 2008 room).
Refrigerator falls on its face when you open it.

I don't know about Florida, but where I live the fire marshall would be all over the property for such conditions. 'Course, could be that the room I occupied in 2008 is the one they show to the inspector. In 2006, the hotel manager claimed that the entire place had just been rewired and that all these problems were fixed. He refused to send maintenance to look at it.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
Any recent stays?

We are planning on staying at one of these two hotels, and I have a few questions.

1. From searching and reading, I noticed that upgrades are pretty standard and generous for these properties, was anybody able to pre-confirm an upgrade?

2. Are the 1 bedroom suites big enough for 3 adults and 2 small children?

3. Would you stay at the WA or HBC? We are used to staying at pretty nice hotels, so I was leaning WA, but the pool and kids eat free at HBC look enticing (I know you can walk over from WA to use the pool, but convenience is a little nice).

4. What are all of the nickle and dimes? We won't have a car so valet is no issue, and I read about the inner tubes for the lazy river. What else? Are there cabana fees at WA?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
repost

Last edited by uastarflyer; Jan 12, 2011 at 1:09 am
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
My only complaint about the WA is no minibar other than that, can't fault the place at all.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Sohan
My only complaint about the WA is no minibar other than that, can't fault the place at all.
there is a refrigerator and they will stock it for you if you ask or so I was told.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I have stayed at the Hilton at Bonnett Creek a few times and it is a better choice if you are bringing children with you. The pool and lazy river there are great for kids. They do charge for inner tubes for the river but we have always found stray ones just floating around the pool. They do have cabanas at the WA for around $180 per day. The WA pool is not as kid-friendly. It is much quieter and reserved at that pool. The Hilton pool usually has a DJ playing music on the weekends and there are usually women walking around giving out free drink samples to promote whatever brand of liquor they work for. I can say that the breakfast buffet at the WA is excellent and far superior to the Hilton, however your Hilton breakfast certificates are not accepted there so you will have to pay out of pocket. Since both buildings are new the rooms are in great shape.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.