Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Mar 12, 10, 5:12 pm

I spend 5 nights at the DT in Downtown Disney last week. If it is a good place to stay depends on your needs. Because the rooms are all suites, this was a huge plus for my family. The extra room allowed my 2 kids to sleep in one room while Mom and Dad had a room to ourselves. To me, this was very important. About the hotel, it is older and it shows. The staff was awesome during our stay. Free breakfast only includes cold items and it is $7pp for the hot buffet. The pool was nice and warm. Parking is $10.65/day. Had no issues with the stay and recommend it for families. Also, it was a bargin at $79/night with breakfast (mousesavers rate).
Old Mar 12, 10, 5:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by ucfknight98 View Post
. Also, it was a bargin at $79/night with breakfast (mousesavers rate).
Thanks! How do you get the Mousesavers rate? Is this a promo code?
Old Mar 12, 10, 8:34 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Disney: Hilton near Downtown Disney vs Hilton Bonnet Creek?

We are going to Disney for Spring Break. These hotels are similar price. It seems like the Hilton Bonnet Creek is nicer and newer and has a great pool. However, it sounds like you get nickel and dimed there and the shuttle to Disney is not great. The Hilton near Downtown Disney sounds like a great location because it is right across the street from Downtown Disney and the shuttles to parks

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks you.
Old Mar 12, 10, 10:59 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I haven't stayed at the Bonnet Creek, but the other hotel is a bit of a barn. Not the greatest place to stay by any means. Personally I stay outside the Disney complex, just get a cheap car and you'll be better off. Food outside of the property is much cheaper then inside.
Old Mar 13, 10, 5:56 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Arrow So where do you want to spend most of your time.

The question now becomes where are you going to spend your time?

I Solidly vote for the Bonnet Creek Hilton. I have stayed there many times. The hotel is simply beautiful. Make sure you ask for a room facing the pool/golf course and higher up because other wise you look at tree tops.
The pool is simply amazing as is the food at the restaurants. This is clearly an upscale Hilton Convention hotel, meaning they have 1000 plus rooms and huge convention areas, great restaurants.

If you prefer to stay close in, I can't argue with Lake Buena Vista Hilton across from downtown disney. Couple Minutes Walking distance. You can walk there and spend time there at the shops, eating and going to events there. The hotel itself has a Japanese restaraunt in it but it is not a world class property like the Bonnet Creek.

Your decision needs to be made on where your time will be spent. There is not a lot around the Hilton Bonnet Creek but transportation will get you anywhere and you will have to use it. The Lake Buena Vista Hilton @ downtown Disney would be great for you if you are going to spend most of your time @ downtown disney and want to be close to other hotel properties.

I just love the newness of the bonnet creek and the wide open design. Rooms are very nice @ bonnet creek too being so new.

Last edited by SimpleManToo; Mar 13, 10 at 5:57 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 13, 10, 7:41 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
Have not statyed at Bonnett Creek.

However, the big advantage for Spring Break time that the Downtown Disney Hilton has is the Extra Magic Hours. YOu can get in early on the "selected" days which might be worth if it, during a croweded time of the year. I have stayed there several times and never had an issue.
Old Mar 13, 10, 8:41 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...k-orlando.html

Here is more in depth info on Bonnet Creek.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Mar 13, 10 at 8:47 am
Old Mar 13, 10, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL DM; AA Gold; HH Diamond
Disneyland Embassy vs. Homewood

I have a trip planned with Mrs. Sarge62 and the kids this summer to Disneyland, and was planning on using some points. We need the pull-out couch and suite space for the children, but am not sure which is better Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites. These are the 2 Hilton brands I've never stayed at.

Which is better Embassy or Homewood and does this hold true for the Anaheim properties? Your collective expertise is appreciated.
Old Mar 13, 10, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I would go with Embassy. Better breakfast, better evening "options" and overall a nicer hotel.

The Homewood is a little farther from Disney, but it is fine if that's what you pick.
Old Mar 13, 10, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Hertz #1 Pres Cir
We've stayed at the Embassy Suites twice for Disneyland in the past two years with our kids, for the very reason of needing the extra space. This Feb we were upgraded to a conference suite (as Diamonds) and it was quite nice. Also, we had very good luck with using the Anaheim Resort Transit to get to Disneyland - $24 total for 3 days of passes for the 4 of us as opposed to parking at Disney for $13/day and STILL needing to take the tram from the parking lot to the front door.

I can't say it's better than the Homewood, but again, we've really enjoyed our stays at the Embassy Suites (Anaheim South).

Dave
Old Mar 14, 10, 11:34 am

Programs: AA CK/EXP, Hilton Diamond, FAA Private
We also had good luck at the Embassy Anaheim South. The hotel was nice, the free breakfast was a great value for the three kids, and the evening cocktails are good too. The bartenders in the evening sometimes tended to "stretch" the closing time! Poolside was improved with cocktails.

However, we had some trouble with ART. We found that the bus numbering was kind of sketchy, especially going back in the evenings.. and that there was a LOT of confusion over what bus to take. Some routes seem to randomly stop running and you get "go down there!" "no, wait, go back up there!" -- when it ran, it was convenient; but herding a group up and down the bus area isn't my idea of a good time. The signage could definitely be improved as to what number goes where, especially when they randomly change!
Old Mar 14, 10, 3:21 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I've never stayed at the specific properties, but I've stayed at both Homewoods and ES'.

I think ES' are better.

The breakfast is better - can't beat cooked to order breakfast.
The overall ambience of the properties are better.

Homewood's dinner (when it's edible) does beat ES' manager reception (HW has food & beer) ES has cocktails/beer), but if you're in Disney, you probably won't be back in to the hotel time to enjoy either.
Old Mar 24, 10, 9:49 am

My husband (Diamond) and I are going to be in Orlando in October for a convention at the Convention Center. We have the following options: ES International Drive/Jamaican Court; Hampton Inn International Drive/Conv. Center; Garden Inn International Drive North; and Homewood Suites near the Convention Center. Any recent experiences or recommendations?
Old Mar 24, 10, 10:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Personally would go for the Embassy Suites simply because of the added space, breakfast and manager's reception. If the new Hilton Orlando was an option, I would book that. WAR EAGLE!
Old Mar 24, 10, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Gold
I am looking at staying at the ES Lake Buena Vista for an upcoming trip to Disney. We are 2 adults, and 2 kids, and are looking at ES as we want a separate room for the kids. Our only other requirement is shuttle transport to Disney. Is the ES LBV our best bet, or is one of the other ESs preferable?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: