Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Apr 23, 02, 10:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stevenl57:
Thx Roadweary, just out of curiousity, how did they treat you as a Gold?</font>
I felt I was treated very well by the hotel. However I can't honestly say that was due to the fact that I was Gold, I think it's just a well managed property. We got a nice suite, of course all rooms at ES are suites. We also had a large "Embassy Touch" package with multiple snacks, cookies and water bottles in our room when we arrived.

The made to order breakfast was good, and I enjoyed the evening reception. I was nice to relax with with a little beer or wine by the pool while my son was swimming. Somedays all he wanted to do was swim, in some ways he enjoyed the pool more than Disney.

Have a great trip!!
Old Apr 23, 02, 6:04 pm

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. The whole family is jacked and pumped, but we've got 11 months of waiting ahead.
Old Apr 24, 02, 9:19 am

Any Good HHonors Points for Timeshare Tour from DisneyWorld

Will be at the Grand Floridian for a conference the beginning of June. Any goodly amount of HHonors points being given for one of those timeshare tours they always seem to have? Any where they'll pick you up at the Grand Floridian at DisneyWorld?
Old May 28, 02, 2:58 am

Any Hilton near Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa in the DisneyWorld Resort?

I am planning to attend a meeting at the Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa in the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort. I can obviously get a room at the Wyndham but if possible, I would like to stay at a Hilton hotel. I saw many threads regarding Hiltons in Orlando but I don't know how far they are located to each other. I don't plan to rent a car so a short distance bus or taxi would be best.

Can anyone recommend me a Hilton or ES or DT within easy reach from the Wyndham? Any shuttle bus which would be convenient? Thank you!
Old May 28, 02, 4:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
The Walt Disney World Hilton at Downtown Disney (Lake Buena Vista) is your property to go to. I believe that there is also a Hampton Inn in the area.

Muerz
Old May 28, 02, 5:48 am

The Hilton is almost directly across the street from the Wyndham.
Old May 28, 02, 6:08 am

There's also the Doubletree there in the Downtown Disney area. But where it's just you, the Hilton is probably a good choice.
Old May 28, 02, 10:49 am

Hey, thank you all for your quick reply.

TTT103, when you say 'across the street', do you mean within walking distance? If yes, how long would it take to walk there?
Old May 28, 02, 10:57 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
The Doubletree in Lake Buena Vista is a Doubletree Suites.
Old May 29, 02, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
About 15 minutes

Muerz
Old Jun 10, 02, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Best (non HGI, non-Disney visiting) property in Orlando?

I have a 1 night layover in Orlando next Friday and am wondering what the best Hilton property is? I am not going to Disney and my company is picking up the tab so cost is not really an object.
There seem to be a few full service hotels but not sure which is best and somewhat close to airport (not essential since flight is not till 1.35 PM on Sat).

Thanks
Old Jun 11, 02, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
I would say the best property is the Hilton over at Downtown Disney or whatever it's called.
Old Jun 11, 02, 8:45 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discv, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
The Hilton at WDW or the DoubleTree Suites in Lake Buena Vista would both put you as close as possible to Downtown Disney, including the bars/clubs/entertainment section known as Pleasure Island. (The Hilton is the nicer of the two properties.)

The other option is to stay downtown and go to Church Street Station. However, Pleasure Island has multiple types of bars/clubs all at one convenient and very safe location.

Figure 30 mins MAX trip to the airport.
Old Jun 12, 02, 6:17 am

I am really not that fond of the DT Suites. Id choose the HGVC, if you want a great room .On the other hand, their check in is only after 4. If it were I, with only one night, Id do an ES. The Hilton WDW is okay at best,but it is full service.
Old Jun 12, 02, 6:42 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jabez:
I am really not that fond of the DT Suites. Id choose the HGVC, if you want a great room .On the other hand, their check in is only after 4. If it were I, with only one night, Id do an ES. The Hilton WDW is okay at best,but it is full service.</font>
Is there room service at the HGVC? What's an ES?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: