Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Nov 16, 01, 12:14 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I stayed on business in the Doubletree Suites and Embassy Suites in June, 2001. Doubletree had noisy aircon and an unhelpful front desk staff. ES was average for ES and ok front desk. ES won this comparison.

I've also stayed at Hilton in the same Walt Disney World area, which was not on your list, and found it ok, but tired on exec level.

I'd probably stay at ES, even without the preferential access to the Disney transportation system. Sorry, I'm not familiar with the other two sites, though I know where they are.
Rich
Old Nov 16, 01, 12:18 pm

I will doing Disney..but how would it matter being a "official" Disney hotel??
Any perks for that??
Old Nov 17, 01, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1k 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Premier Platinum
My family and I stayed at the ES Lake Buena Vista a few months ago and had a great stay. Very convenient for doing Disney parks with the regular bus shuttle service to the parks.

Doug
Old Nov 17, 01, 6:29 pm

We stayed at the ES Lake Buena Vista in October for a week. It's an average hotel. Don't expect anything fancy and you'll be quite happy with it. The breakfast wasn't as good as some of the ES properties that we've visited, but they have a very entertaining cook...

Note: buy your DisneyWorld tickets at the WalMart in Kissimmee and save $$$. It's about 10% less than at the gate. We bought 7 day passes (park hoppers), which include 4 days at the water parks for $297 each. Used one day for Magic Kingdom/MGM and one day at Blizzard Beach; sold the "used" passes (6 day/3 day) on eBay for $260 each.

Security at the Orlando airport was quick -- just 5 minutes at 2 in the afternoon (Thursday departure).
Old Nov 20, 01, 7:58 pm

I have heard positive comments about the ES Lake Buena Vista, and in fact have booked an award stay there for the family and myself in Dec.

As for the advantages of being "official Disney Hotel", I beleive that gets you early addmision to the parks.
Old Nov 21, 01, 3:44 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RoadWeary:
I have heard positive comments about the ES Lake Buena Vista, and in fact have booked an award stay there for the family and myself in Dec.
</font>
Ditto
Old Nov 26, 01, 11:58 am

Programs: Craftsman Tool Club - Silver Socket
Just got back from the ES after staying there last week. There are two different sets of rooms. One has indoor entrances (typical ES) and the other has outdoor entrances. These outdoor rooms surround the pool to form sort of an outdoor atrium feel. It has an above average pool area with an outdoor bar, which is a change from your typical ES. Sort of had a resort feel to it. We stayed in one of the outdoor rooms the first night then moved into the indoor area after we discovered an ant party in our room. Both rooms were almost identical.

The staff tried hard to please and they worked hard to keep the place clean but in my opinion they need to update the rooms soon. I know most of us have stayed in a room like this before where itís OK but the room and furniture sort of has a haggard look about them. Donít get me wrong, itís not a dump but it needs a little updating. It had an excellent happy hour with an open bar and all of the Fritos and popcorn you can handle.

Just around the corner is the Homewood Suites which looked newer than the ES. The HS is within 100 yds of the ES. Another Ĺ block down the street is a Hampton Inn and a sign saying a Hilton Garden Inn is coming soon. Quite a collection of Hilton properties on one road. All but the ES are on Palm Blvd with the ES just around the corner of Palm and Lake. As you drive to Disney World you go out Palm and make a left on SR535. Almost immediately you see a garish creation called the Doubletree Club. It is painted in hot red, purple, pink, yellow etc with huge pineapples stuffed here or there. I would not give this place my business without a recommendation from someone you trust. It looked old and very weird. Ĺ mile further up the road you come to the Disney World Back gate. Just inside the gate is the Doubletree Guest Suites. If I were to book another reward stay in Orlando, this would be my choice. It is big with a nice looking pool area and it is an official Disney Hotel which means you can get early entry if you buy your tickets at the hotel. I did not have a chance to look at a room but it seemed like a nice place. Passing the DT Suites you drive another mile or two into the park and you see the Hilton on the left. I did not have a chance to stop and check it out but it looked nice enough.

All of the Hotels are within a couple miles of each other and I assume all offer shuttle service to the parks, ES does anyway. A big plus for the ES is free breakfast and happy hour, which can save you a few bucks if you have a large group.

Hope you enjoy your trip and feel free to EMAIL me with any questions. Tom
Old Nov 26, 01, 12:08 pm

I just stayed at the Garden Inn - Seaworld for 5 nights last week.

A nice, newer property. Walking distance to Seaworld but not a lot of traffic based on the road layout. I would say about a 15 minute drive to both Universal and Disney.

I was there for a conference, so the local was ideal for the Conference center and also a decent selection of restuarants etc. I would reccomend it.
Old Nov 26, 01, 7:23 pm

I stayed at the above mentioned Doubletree Suites, in July. They were nice very big rooms, with full size refrigerators. Very nice pool area, with separate kiddie pool. The only "complaint" I had was the decor was kind of dated, 70ish, lots of bright colors, Blue and Green Plaid drapes and spreads with bright orange and red thrown in. I was there on a prepaid stay through a timeshare offer, but had called in my HHonors # to add to reservation and was given breakfast coupons at checkin without asking, and while making sure to put some miscellaneous charges on the room bill, I ended up getting full points and stay credit.
Cindi
Old Mar 21, 02, 3:59 pm

WDW Hilton VS Disney World Dolphin

To be fair and get the Hilton folks point of view, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/003394.html

Thanks!
Old Mar 21, 02, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
I've stayed at both properties and would agree with those on the Starwood board that favor the Dolphin. The proximity to Epcot and Disney transportation is a plus. Plus I'd guess that the Dolphin property would be more fun for kids, especially with the Boardwalk property right next door.

P.S. If you do go to the Dolphin, check out the fish on the roof. Nothing like any dolphin I've ever seen. At least the swan on the Swan looks like a swan.
Old Mar 22, 02, 9:51 am

The fish on top of the Dolphin hotel represents a dolphin fish not the dolphin mammal.
Old Mar 22, 02, 12:32 pm

I think I may have caught a dolphin fish on a fishing trip I went on this winter.
Old Mar 22, 02, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Alysia:
I think I may have caught a dolphin fish on a fishing trip I went on this winter. </font>
Was it a swift marine fish whose colors brightened and changed when you took it out of the water? Webster's definition of a dolphin fish suggests this description. No picture there, though.

And thanks, tuctraveler, for sending me to my dictionary. I'd ask how a desert person learned so much about fish, but then we'd go even farther off topic...
Old Mar 22, 02, 5:54 pm

Dolphin fish, a popular dish served in restaurants throughout Hawaii, also known as "mahimahi."

Search this Thread
Search Engine: