Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Jul 25, 01, 2:57 pm

Thanks for the info.

It looks like the Embassy Suites wins here. I will get busy and see if I can book an award stay in April.

Old Jul 26, 01, 5:28 am

Not sure exactly where the Doubletree Maingate is, but I just got back from Orlando Tuesday and stayed at the Doubletree Suites in the "Disney Resort" area, and they had free Disney transpo, early admission to parks, AND I didn't even have to ask for the Breakfast vouchers, and very large rooms, though the decor was a little dated. There also was a Doubletree Club, about 1/2 mile up the road, but not on Disney property.
I know you are wanting to book an award, but we got a great rate through the Hilton Vacation Club promotion (had to do the timeshare demo though) It was $199 for3 nights and 2 2Day tickets to Universal
Cindi
Old Jul 26, 01, 8:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cndij:
Not sure exactly where the Doubletree Maingate is, but I just got back from Orlando Tuesday and stayed at the Doubletree Suites in the "Disney Resort" area, and they had free Disney transpo, early admission to parks, AND I didn't even have to ask for the Breakfast vouchers, and very large rooms, though the decor was a little dated. There also was a Doubletree Club, about 1/2 mile up the road, but not on Disney property.
I know you are wanting to book an award, but we got a great rate through the Hilton Vacation Club promotion (had to do the timeshare demo though) It was $199 for3 nights and 2 2Day tickets to Universal
Cindi
</font>
Thanks,

The vacation club promo sounds interesting, but I think I will try for the award. I have never been to the Orlando area, so I don't really know where the Doubletree MainGate is, but Hilton website says it's really close for whatever that's worth.

I guess I will try out the ES as that will take fewer points and the DoubleTree in Disneyworld.

Old Jul 29, 01, 5:16 pm

Hey, this topic is a few days old, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents..

I stayed at the DT Maingate in May, and if I thought for a second that writing a letter to complain would have solved anything, I would have. When I booked the reservation, they told me they had free transportation several times per day to the Disney parks. I called back a week before my trip to confirm this (very end of April), and it was confirmed. When I got there, I checked in the room and sure enough it was posted there as well.. Yet when I went to sign up for this 'free' shuttle, it turns out it is not free but $4/person. Add to that the fact that 'several times per day' actually was only two times in the morning and one return trip at night. When I told the manager that it was stated in the room that it was free, she said, "What room number, I'll have to send out a new information packet."

So with that, 5 minutes later I checked out of the hotel 3 days early and moved to the Doubletree Club. It was only one room, but it was cheaper, I got MUCH better service, and yes, there was a free shuttle to the parks.

I didn't even mention all that went wrong with that property, its just not worth it. It won't solve anything. The only thing I hope this post solves is that NO ONE from this message board spends their hard earned cash there..

Stay at the Embassy. Hell, stay anywhere but there.. And enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 2, 01, 3:42 pm

Well, for what it's worth, I was able to book an award stay at the Embassy Suites in April 2002. I had to adjust my travel dates by a few days, but not still in the same week.
Old Nov 5, 01, 6:40 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

ORLANDO -- 4 days & 3 nights from $99!*

ORLANDO -- 4 days & 3 nights from $99!*

Enjoy 4 days & 3 nights accommodations for up to two adults & two children, plus, receive two free tickets to SeaWorld® Orlando or Universal® Orlando - all for just $99* plus tax! Hurry - this offer is good only for stays now through December 20, 2001. *Click here for participation details and to see if you qualify:

www.hgvcoffers.com/orlando99

Old Nov 5, 01, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
A timeshare promotion (or whatever euphemism they use these days), only available to residents of certain US states or Canadian provinces.

If you come from that funny place called Outside US/Canada, don't even think about bothering ...
Old Nov 5, 01, 10:05 am

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
We got a phone call from someone who wanted us to take advantge of a fantastic deal!!! It was the Timeshare offer in Orlando with slightly different terms. We could go anytime in the next year but there was no mention of free Seaworld tickets or anything else. When I asked how many points I would get with this, she balked, but finally asked if 1000 points would do the trick. Finally, she wanted the $99 up front via plastic.

It was a good offer, but I declined, as we never seem to get around to taking advantage of this type of offer - even after paying some $$$ up front.

DD
Old Nov 7, 01, 7:31 am

I am planning for a 4 night vacation to orlando. And am considring to take this plan mentioned..but i need another night extra...and they say it will cost another $100 for that...any better ways to reduce the cost.
And any ideas on transportation to theme parks while in orlando..will be helpful..
Basically looking for a good vacation in Orlando 1st week of december.
Thanks
Old Nov 7, 01, 7:51 am

Miledlaa- You can stay next door for a FL(I don't think they'll check) Resident Rate of $59 at the HGI at Seaworld, excellent Inn and staff and it would be an extra stay!
Old Nov 7, 01, 11:40 am

mrnick: I didn't really understand u..could u please explain.
Are u suggesting to take a differnt hotel..and it costs $59 for the next day???
Whats this resident rate?
Old Nov 8, 01, 8:03 am

Miledlaa- you said you wanted to spend 4 nights in Orlando. It looks like you can use the $99 time share rate for 3 nights. Why not stay the first night at the Hilton Garden Inn at Seaworld for $59 (it is 1/4 of a mile from the time share)and then check into the time share early on your 2nd day. Resident Rate referred was advertised in St. Petersburg Times and it is suppose to be for people who live in Florida. This plan might work.
Old Nov 15, 01, 6:46 pm

Double tree/Embassy Suites/Hilton Garden inn at orlando..which is best???

I am given the following choices for my HGA deal this December:

Double Tree Castle
Double Tree Suites at Disney
Hilton Garden Inn by Sea World
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Resort.

Have anyone stayed there..any opinions..please help..i wanna stay in the best..celebrating anniversary out there..
Old Nov 16, 01, 10:53 am

Programs: Craftsman Tool Club - Silver Socket
I'm starting a stay at the ES on Saturday for 6 nights. I'll try to post a reply when I return.
Old Nov 16, 01, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat, National ECE, Hertz PC
If you're doing Disney, the Doubletree Suites at Disney is an "official" Disney hotel, which may matter to you. Otherwise, I would probably go for the Embassy Suites based on brand reputation alone.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: