Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2004, 5:51 pm

edited

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 5:53 pm
Old Feb 5, 2004, 8:51 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have a pre level increase GLON award that I'd like to use at the best possible Hilton family hotel.

Closer to Disney World the better.

Which is the best?
Old Feb 5, 2004, 5:47 pm

Closest to Disney would be the WDW Hilton on the Doubletree Suites WDW. Of those 2 my preference would be the Doubletree, just because of the size of the roooms and because the Hilton is such a huge convention style hotel. There is also a Embassy Suites LBV, that is only about 1 mile further away than the other 2, but I have never stayed at that one. Do a search, I know I have seen comments from others in the past on that one.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 8:06 pm

Its poor value to use a GLON on the D/Tree WDW. Rates can often be had for less than $85 pn.
http://www.mousesavers.com/dtguestsuites.html

Alleged better value is the Hilton.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
Its poor value to use a GLON on the D/Tree WDW. Rates can often be had for less than $85 pn.
http://www.mousesavers.com/dtguestsuites.html

The Hilton wdw would require a glonp. I only have a Glon. Which would be the next best for a glon?
Alleged better value is the Hilton.
</font>
Old Feb 6, 2004, 4:26 pm

I would go for the Doubletree even if the Hilton weren't a premium,It just a much larger room and more manageable size hotel, but thats just my preference against Mega hotels. Also you can usually get the Hilton on Priceline for $45 a night unless it is a very busy time.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 7:43 am

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Hilton HHonors Properties Near Walt Disney World

Taking the family to WDW in April for 7 nights. Am currently using points for the WDW Hilton, but thinking about saving them and looking at other Hilton properties in the area after some questionable reviews on Tripadvisor.com. Will be a total of 5 (3 kids, spouse), ES or DT suites are an option. Just wondering if it is worth paying the $$ for the extra room or should I stay with my original plan. I am Hilton Diamond, so any perks associated you may be aware of. Any advice/comments on any of the properties and any WDW advantages (early admission, free trans, etc) would be appreciated. Thanks.

------------------

[This message has been edited by volrichard (edited Feb 28, 2004).]
Old Feb 28, 2004, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi volrichard,

I have stayed at the WDW Hilton twice last year ( separate stays) and am atying there for 3 nights 5-8 May.

The hotel is quite good in my opinion.

The last time I was there ( then HH Gold) I was not upgraded due to hotel being full but given a nice room facing Epcot ( you can see the fireworks from Illuminations at 9pm)
I was given Lounge access automatically ( on my second stay they used the Crystal lounge on the ground floor compared to the usual 9th floor lounge due to the number of families. The lounge is good ( open all day and is excellent upon returning from the parks for a couple of cold soft drinks.)

The lounge Breakfast is good and so are the early evening snacks. They also offered cookies during the day.

It is a short walk to Downtown Dsiney and all that there is to offer there.

Shuttle busses to the WDW parks leave every 30mins approx( free).

Two large swimming pools ,one large fitness centre and a two level spa.

Disney character breakfast offered on Sunday I think.

Although they do charge a resort fee ( ie fitness room) for $9 per day, this was waived.

This year as a Diamond I have reserved a Towers room ( cost difference from Standard room) is not that great ( esp given the current £:$ rate !! ).

Overall a nice hotel and I recomend it.

They offer early entry to one park each day an hour earlier than normal ( parks roate with the Magic Kingdom getting two in a week I think)

PS I am also spending 3 nights at the Marriott World Center ( which looks nice)

Regards

TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited Feb 28, 2004).]
Old Feb 28, 2004, 8:21 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Have you used the search function? There are many threads about the WDW properties.

The Hilton and Doubletree are walking distance to Downtown Disney. They have an early park entrance every day. This means that everyday one park will be open an hour earlier.

Almost all of the hotals in the theme park area will provide some for of transportation. It might be infrequent or not fit your schedual. If you are looking to pay for rooms why not see how much Disney is chargeing? Their cheapest rooms are competitive and you get the full Disney experience.

Again try searching to see what others have said.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

We stayed at the WDW Hilton in December 03, had a great time.

We were on an award stay (6 night TEEN??), anyway - we were automatically upgraded to a sutie with a fantastic view. However, there was a problem with the room and they immediatly found another room for us.

The staff was wonderful.

We spent very little time in the room (sleeping only). Never ate at the hotel, but did steal a few cokes from the lounge.

I'd stay there agian without reservation; although the next time I take the family to WDW - I may stay at Disney's Animal Lodge (really cool views of animals from the rooms).

We loved the fact that things we bought could be sent directly to the hotel, we got into the parks an hour early, we enjoyed everything about it.

I would recommend you drive to and from the parks. We took the bus from the hotel the first day, and I don't like to wait - we found it a little faster to take our own car.

Keep the faith,

Pakse

p.s. Correction - we did the character breakfast at the hotel the last day - that was our only food at the hotel - it was fun. Never ate at the lounge - although I think they put out afternoon cookies and evening snacks.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 3:56 pm

I have a trip report posted somewhere from January 2003. We enjoyed the Hilton at Downtown Disney and would stay there again for sure! No hesitation about it.
Enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 28, 2004, 6:02 pm

Hi We stayed at the hilton WDW in Dec. 2003 on an award 6night stay. We were Gold at the time but were upgraded to the concierge level. The breakfast is muffins and cereal and bagels, coffee and juice, which suits my family fine. The rooms are nice(we are a family of four and it was fine). The pool areas are nice and I thought it was a very nice hotel. My friend stayed down the street at the Doubletree and it is very basic. It is definitely not as nice. I have also stayed at the WDW resorts in the past. It is overblown. We were just as close staying at the hilton and we did rent a car and drive wherever we wanted to go. You are 5minutes from everything. I think the Disney hotels are overpriced for what you get. We are returning in June on a GLON 6 night stay at the hilton.. Diamond this time. We are hoping to be upgraded to a suite. I would keep the certificate and enjoy the hotel. You will have a great time.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 9:05 am

This Hilton property is in what is called the Disney Village, but is not owned or operated by Disney. There may be some characters for breakfast on occasion, but if you want early park admission etc, you would have to stay at one of the Disney owned hotels on Disney property. This hotel has a nice pool for the kids, and is across the street from Downtown Disney.
Old Feb 29, 2004, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Try looking at this site. It has a special for the WDW Hilton. http://www.mousesavers.com/hiltonwdw.html

Old Feb 29, 2004, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jet Lag:
if you want early park admission etc, you would have to stay at one of the Disney owned hotels on Disney property. </font>
I believe you are mistaken and this benefit is offered at the Hilton, as well as access to the Disney transportation system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.