Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Old Jan 23, 03, 1:49 pm

I recently stayed @ the ES/Orlando Convention Center. The property is great as far as location to mini-marts, fast food, chain restaurants, and the convention center.

We were on vacation, and still had a pleasant stay. The managers reception was welcoming - 2 hr. open bar 7 days/week. The breakfasts were also of good quality with hot & cold food. They were also more than accomadating in allowing people to wrap stuff up for later in the day.

The pool was about 110 degrees (literally - way too hot to swim in) and the jacuzzi was about 10 degrees cooler (i'm not kidding).

I would stay here again if the price was excellent - but wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

-Chris
Old Jan 24, 03, 9:23 am

My family stayed at the Doubletree Maingate last Feb on a priceline stay. (Paid about $35/night with tax/fees.)

The hotel has two story "rooms" arranged like mini townhouses. We could drive right up to our door. Room had two bedrooms - each with a bathroom, a living area, and kitchen facilities. One bedroom had a TV, with another TV in the living area. Can't remember how many channels -- maybe 20 or 25? With 2 or 3 of them being tourist channels. It served us really well for our few days visiting Disney, and felt more like a small apartment than a hotel room.

The pool area was adequate (pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub,) and there was a restaurant/bar (which we never used) near the lobby/pool area.

Its located quite aways down 192 (Irlo Bronson Hwy) from the entrance to the Disney parks. But for the price, we thought it was great. A Publix supermarket is about a half mile away, and a Walmart Superstore is not too far away in Kissimmee.

I only use Priceline for personal hotel stays, so I'm not really one to judge if the hotel is worth $89/night. If you're looking to obtain points, then I would say it's worth it. If you're going with a family, the facility can't be beat -- as you get two bedrooms for the price of one.

[This message has been edited by Spongenose (edited 01-24-2003).]
Old Jan 24, 03, 9:49 am

I wish the Hilton Altamonte Springs was closer into town.... It's up I-4 near Apopka.

I stay there an average of once a month... usually get a $62 to $68 a night rate and I've never failed to be upgraded to the club level (Gold). They don't have some of the amenities on the weekends on some occasions unfortunately.
Old Jan 30, 03, 10:14 am

Orlando Airport, which property?

I'll be staying in Orlando next month. Can't decide between Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden or Embassy. They are all within a few bucks of each other. I'll need a shuttle from the airport too.
Old Jan 30, 03, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can't answer regarding which Hilton, but I've stayed in the Hyatt in the middle of the terminal a few times. No need for a shuttle bus - off the plane & into your room. The rooms are really quite big, and are soundproofed. If you overlook the runways you may hear some slight rumbling, but nothing that will keep you awake.

Mary
Old Jan 30, 03, 11:53 am

All 3 of the airport locations offer free airport shuttle. I've stayed at each of them, and all are fine and quite new. I prefer the ES, but choose based on the best overall value. Sometimes you can get a good rate at one of these 3 locations through www.orlandodiscountrooms.com and I've received points, miles and elite benefits when I've done so.

[This message has been edited by dldkjones (edited 01-30-2003).]
Old Jan 30, 03, 3:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat 1MM
The ES at the Orlando Airport is a wonderful property. Fairly new, often with very low rates. Thoroughly enjoyed my last stay there @ $79.
Old Jan 30, 03, 6:16 pm

embassy suites 8100 inter drive / hilton - wdw

anybody have any recent stays at either of these properties ??

trip report ???

thanks

scott
Old Jan 30, 03, 6:43 pm
Suspended

I have stayed at the ES MCO airpport at least a dozen times over the past 3 years for a total of about 40 nights. I have never had a bad stay! Ask for a handicapped access room when you check in, they are about 3 feet wider. Everyone there is freindly and helpful. The breakfast is good, and the happy hour is very nice. Parking is free and plentiful. Within easy walking distance is Hooters, Chili's, Tony Romas, and several other restaurants.
Old Jan 30, 03, 7:11 pm

I stayed at both of these properties last summer. The Hilton WDW is a huge convention type property. Nice selection of restaurants, casual to elegant. Just so large a property that you feel like a number only. Was given exec lounge access after requesting it, but there is very limited seating, very crowded in the mornings. My preference would be the ES Intl Drive, mainly from the atmosphere and
attitude of the staff. Outdoor pool area pretty small (may not be an issue this time of year)very nice indoor pool, much preferred that area (even in the summer) to the outdoor one. E-mail me if you have specific questions about either property. My favorite HH property in the area is actually DT Suites WDW, but I believe that is a premium property if you are using points.
Cindi
Old Feb 14, 03, 8:10 am

EMBASSY SUITES - WDW

I am planning go to wdw in june and i wanted some input as to which was the most updated and nicest embassy suites in orlando near disney world.

I am specifically looking at the embassy suites because we have a big party.

I think there are 3 in the area

what are the pools like, which property has been updated or upgraded ??

thanks
Old Feb 14, 03, 2:13 pm

We stayed at the ES near the Disney gate in October, '01. The hotel was "worn" and the rooms not particularly large. I'd give the hotel a "6" rating. Bonus points for location, but not much ambience.

The staff was nice, including a wonderful chef at breakfast each morning.
Old Feb 14, 03, 8:06 pm

We stayed at the ES Lake Buena Vista resort, and was quite happy there. The pool is good sized. I felt our room was average for a ES.

It is pretty close to WDW, and downtown Disney, but I would still plan on a car.

Old Feb 18, 03, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
I-Drive Orlando- Homewood Suites or DT Castle?

Hi,
I will be spending my last two nights in Orlando on 5th- 7th March on I-Drive and trying to decide between the Homewood Suites on IDrive and the Doubletree Castle.
I will be by myself with no children and no car but do not mind walking and using the last two nights to relax, stay by the pool play some crazy golf go to Ripleys, Mercardo,Pointe Orlando and amybe the Titanic exhibition.

Does anyone have any experience of staying in both and the relative location,attractions/problems with each.
The Homewood Suites is more self contained I guess with a Suite and probably quieter with the DT castle probably having more children.

The prices appear quite good with a special at HS of $79 and Doubletree at $95( 2* HH points and miles).

Thanks for any advice.

PS I am spending the 1st-3rd March at the Hilton WDW at $99 to go to Epcot and 3rd t 5th March at HGI Seaworld at $98 incl a ticket to Seaworld to go see Seaworld and the Premium Outlets. ( Travel by taxi between the hotels)

Regards

TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 02-18-2003).]
Old Feb 18, 03, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
The hotels are virtually next to each other. The Homewood is off I Drive while the Doubletree is off a quieter parallel road. The Homewood is slightly closer to the attractions you mention.

Be aware that the Homewood's pool is completely surrounded by the 4 storey property so sun exposure may be limited. I found the a/c to have this irritating resonant hum if you sit on the living room couch, in 3 different rooms.
There is hors d'oeuvres and drinks (cheap beer and wine) served every (weekday) evening, as is a buffet breakfast. The former may be a bit of a feeding frenzy however.

The place was packed with children in early August last year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: