Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Dec 13, 16, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by homanga View Post
Is the standard that you have to call and or request at check in or is this done by the staff automatically often?
The answer is - it depends. If you're a high roller like the previous poster (who is one of the most prolific Hilton spenders - even beyond "just" having lifetime Diamond), then your account likely has bells and whistles and fireworks going off in onQ whenever it is pulled up. For "normal" Diamonds, the more likely scenario is that you'll get an automatic upgrade every once in a while at nicer non-U.S. properties and much more rarely at U.S. properties, and then you can up that percentage through asking explicitly at the front desk, but still no guarantee, far from it.
Old Dec 13, 16, 3:16 pm

Forthcoming stays at London Canary Wharf already upgraded to junior suite (18th and 27th) on el cheapo rates .
Yes im a regular here so good to know they have pre upgraded me !
Old Dec 14, 16, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Recent mattress run at Hilton Seattle downtown where the clerk was incredibly embarrassed at my catching her with breath mints (?) so couldn't greet me immediately. When I told her these things happen and I was fine with it, she clicked some keys, looked up and announced, "We have one suite in the entire hotel, and it's now yours!"

The other night, I arrived at the SEA-TAC DT after a late, delayed flight. For the first time in many stays as a Diamond there, I was given one of their suites; I suspect the other option may have been a walk as they seemed very busy the next morning. The furniture was old, tired, even badly scarred (gouged); then again, this joint has top-notch bean counters! Seen a suite once, regular room in the Tower section is just swell from now on.
Old Dec 19, 16, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Completed a one night stay at Conrad Tokyo during my layover this past weekend. Leading up to my stay, I received an email about two days before check-in to use OLCI. I think this was due to the time-zone difference between Asia and North America. During my first look a the rooms available, my only choices were the regular rooms. About the day before check-in, I checked into the mobile app and found that they had automatically upgraded me to a King Bayview Suite. The only catch was that I had to complete OLCI at that instance. When I arrived at the hotel, the FD informed me that my suite was ready. Interestingly, the FD mentioned it as a baby suite. I was very pleased with the room. Full description of my stay will be posted in the main Conrad Tokyo thread.
Old Dec 21, 16, 6:05 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire Ambassador, QR & TAP bye bye
Hilton KL. Booked Standard King Deluxe, pre-upgraded to a King Grand Deluxe Executive Suite.
Old Dec 22, 16, 2:11 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Got junior suite at Hilton Rotterdam + chocolates.
Old Dec 23, 16, 4:28 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, HHonors Diamond, SPG Preferred Plus & Marriott Silver
Conrad Rangali Maldives

Booked Beach Villa (2 nights on Points & 2 nights free weekend certificates).
Received 2 nights Deluxe Beach Villa & 2 nights Water Villa.
Old Dec 23, 16, 10:25 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
London Hilton on Park Lane...

...I was upgraded to the Royal Suite (room #2604) - this room has a flexible daily rate of GBP3,610 (EUR4,300/USD4,500)!

I believe my Lifetime HHonors Diamond status played a big part in this upgrade....
Nice, I have stayed here a few times and always get really looked after as a lowly vanilla diamond, including some nice suites (Mayfair and Park Lane I believe) but never something that high, so it's good to hear they are really pulling out all the stops for a lifetime Diamond.

Interestingly enough I was quite pleasantly surprised with the way this hotel treats HHonors guests. Being based in Mayfair, with a huge inventory of incredibly expensive suites, and seemingly well patronised by wealthy arabs fond of the neighbourhood, meaning no shortage of high value guests. So I was expecting my reward stays to be treated with a little snooty contempt, but on the contrary, not in the slightest.

Back on topic,

Hilton Canary Wharf
Upgraded from standard room to a junior suite. Really nice room.
Old Dec 26, 16, 7:51 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Got upgraded to Presidential suite recently at Milan and Dubrovnik. However had to ask both times and show suite availability to front desk staff. Did feel a bit odd but worth it I guess, especially the one in Dubrovnik!
Old Dec 26, 16, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by tirajat View Post
Got upgraded to Presidential suite recently at Milan and Dubrovnik. However had to ask both times and show suite availability to front desk staff. Did feel a bit odd but worth it I guess, especially the one in Dubrovnik!
You showed FD that Presidential Suite is available and got it?
I would have to say you got lucky cos as far as I know, P.Suites are not typically part of the upgrades given to members.
Some properties may do that but it is not required.
Old Dec 27, 16, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb.
Booked King Deluxe and got a junior suite at Rotterdam.
Old Dec 31, 18, 8:31 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Newer posts for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

OPEN THREAD for Report your Diamond suite upgrade success here

Search this Thread
Search Engine: