Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Originally Posted by 2035
Upgraded to Junior Suite from standard room on very cheap rate (65 pounds B&B).
Very nice large room, separate area with table and chairs.
Wow, cool! Did you ask for it by any means or it was given to you without request?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Hilton Liverpool

Booked standard room .. Called prior to check on upgrades. Was told that they upgraded diamonds to exec rooms. After me reminding her of the new diamond suite policy she allocated me there and then an executive suite. ( room was for tonight hence the immediate allocation )
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
HGI Richmond - Southpark (Colonial Heights)

Original : King

Upgrade : King w/Whirlpool
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:23 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Basel, Switzerland

On lowly corporate rate, this week, one night stay.

"Welcome back Mr Squeeler." (Many pleasantries).

Then, the real customer service textbook welcome "As we are fully booked" (I cannot do the accent), [spit] " we have HAD to upgrade you to a suite tonight [spit again, sour face fixed]."

They are quite nice 2 room suites, with two bathrooms to destroy. Even I found that hard as I got to bed at 11.30 and was up at 5.30 for an early flight.

But, mustn't grumble.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Haha, this is a traveller principle rule #1 you get a nice suite when you spend 4 hours in a hotel overnight.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Wadge
Haha, this is a traveller principle rule #1 you get a nice suite when you spend 4 hours in a hotel overnight.
i agree....i've lost count of the number of times i've gotten a great suite for the night only to spend less than 6-7 hours in the room before leaving early in the morning....
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hokies82
Upgraded to a nice suite at the Charlottesville Hampton (while using a reward)^^

Upgraded to a gigantic 2 bedroom suite (larger than my first apartment!) at the Homewood in San Antonio. The desk noted that although they didn't have to participate but their management recognizes what it takes to be a Diamond.^^^

Then comes my recent stay at the Hilton GasLamp in SanDiego. When I arrived they stated that I was getting, points, Breakfast and yes an upgrade (Well that's their interpretation). I had booked a room with 2 queens - high floor. What I got (ugraded to?????) was a low floor but with a "French balcony". When I asked for something higher I was told they were sold out. When I got to the room I realized that the French balcony was a big window with a balcony railing that overlooked the dumpster . Just for chuckles I looked online and the reservation site still had lots of room options including suites (yes they were more than the $239/night I was paying but available). The Moral of my story is I know upgrades are optional but please don't lie about being full and don't give fictional accounts about my room being an upgraded.

All I ask is consistency within Hilton
I had a great experience at the Gaslamp. I asked for a room in the "lofts", nothing special, just a bigger room, stayed in them last year. This time, I asked for an upgrade and gave me a loft room. I was a little disappointed not getting an upgrade, until I got there, I was wowed. It was HUGE. and huge bathroom. Enjoyed my 6 nights there.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Hilton checkers in downtown LA was "booked solid". So I don't know if they were lying to me or being honest
Old Feb 23, 2012, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by kwguy77
Hilton checkers in downtown LA was "booked solid". So I don't know if they were lying to me or being honest
Can always check on Hilton.com
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Las Vegas ES Paradise Rd

Booked standard room. At checking, given larger "bubble" suite on 4th floor. Asked about Higher Floor, as it specified in Preferences. No Kings available on higher floor - traveling with Mrs BlueZebra. Room assigned was largest room I have seen in 20 years staying at ES. 5 minutes after getting in room front desk (Kimberly) calls and says an upgrade to top (11th) floor has come available. Met Kimberly at the room - corner suite with balcony. EVEN bigger! ^

Thanks Kimberly!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: VS LT Gold 1MM, BA Gold, M&M Frequent, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Booked a $96.75 any weekend anywhere rate for Anaheim Hilton and checked in last night. After talking very nicely to the check in agent I got the 5th presidential suite! 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, lounge, dining table, bar and a huge patio.

Most definately my best ever upgrade
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Was just upgraded this week at the Doubletree, Carmel, IN to the "Kokomo Suite". Their rooms already are suites (with a living room that has a fridge/microwave). This one had an additional room with an 8 person conference table and 1/2 bath.

They were completely sold out for that night.

Dan
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Lightbulb

You guys are doing well

Hilton Dartford Bridge struggled to get an upgrade, they were busy but not sold out. The receptionist did find me a deluxe room which I appreciate. Lots of availability on night one, little on night two and I offered to move for night two, but no suite upgrade- website showed availability night one but not night two.
My colleague (blue hhonors) was upgraded on arrival.

Receptionist was lovely and saved the stay, front desk manager not rude but indifferent, didnt feel any more valued than the next guest in line!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Yes please
LHR T4

LHR T4 - standard room booked - on arrival offered an upgrade to executive floor; the standard 'old' upgrade. Receptionist unaware of any changes in policy, but went into back office to enquire, and promptly returned with an upgrade to an inward-(atrium)-facing junior suite.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hokies82
Upgraded to a nice suite at the Charlottesville Hampton (while using a reward)^^

Upgraded to a gigantic 2 bedroom suite (larger than my first apartment!) at the Homewood in San Antonio. The desk noted that although they didn't have to participate but their management recognizes what it takes to be a Diamond.^^^

Then comes my recent stay at the Hilton GasLamp in SanDiego. When I arrived they stated that I was getting, points, Breakfast and yes an upgrade (Well that's their interpretation). I had booked a room with 2 queens - high floor. What I got (ugraded to?????) was a low floor but with a "French balcony". When I asked for something higher I was told they were sold out. When I got to the room I realized that the French balcony was a big window with a balcony railing that overlooked the dumpster . Just for chuckles I looked online and the reservation site still had lots of room options including suites (yes they were more than the $239/night I was paying but available). The Moral of my story is I know upgrades are optional but please don't lie about being full and don't give fictional accounts about my room being an upgraded.

All I ask is consistency within Hilton
Update. I was given the questionaire after my SD stay where I mentioned the happenings above. Within a few days I received a call from the GM who apologized all over himself. He asked if some points would help and I said that wasn't my point in writing but he said it was the least he could do as well as offered a special upgrade on my next trip to SD. Today he posted points which were definitely more than the couple thousand I was expecting. My belief prior to this was that the surveys were never read but at least in this case I was wrong. Hilton SD GasLamp di the right thing. My hats off to that GM ^^^^^^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.