Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:15 am

Reservation/Upgrade Info

We would love to help you out with any information you may need, if you are interested please email [email protected] with your reservation info. Thank you!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PalmerHouseHilton
We would love to help you out with any information you may need, if you are interested please email [email protected] with your reservation info. Thank you!
Welcome to Flyertalk. It's very nice to see willing participation from hotel management, which is sort of rare in the Hilton forum.
And as an inside, I hope you don't let any snide, overly critical, whining, posts (you know who you are ) dissuade you from staying active here.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by PalmerHouseHilton
Thanks! I'll email you the info and appreicate having a property manager respond.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by dot_net
Hilton El Conquistador Resort, Tuscon. Booked three nights last week on Q4 free night certificates, booking was for 2 queen bed room (only my wife and I were traveling, but that was the room for the certs according to the diamond desk). Checked online the morning of check in and I had been upgraded to a junior suite. Upon check in I asked the FD if I could be upgraded to a casita (full suite there) and was promptly upgraded.
Just got back yesterday on a 4 night reward stay had booked the same type of room upgraded to the casita.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Notenut
Welcome to Flyertalk. It's very nice to see willing participation from hotel management, which is sort of rare in the Hilton forum.
And as an inside, I hope you don't let any snide, overly critical, whining, posts (you know who you are ) dissuade you from staying active here.
+1 And the Palmer house does treat their guests great. A couple hilton employees on this forum are great resources.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:02 am

wow!

One night at the Hilton Prince Kuhio in HNL. Upgraded to corner highest floor (37!) ocean view penthouse suite. I felt almost guilty that it was only me there.. I mean, three balconies?

What a stunning room, though.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Diamond / United 1K / HHonors Diamond
Upgraded to Relaxation Suite at Hilton Melbourne South Wharf this week. Typically runs $400-600 a night. Wow, what a great perk for Diamond. Thanks Hilton!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Actually, the "nevermind" character was Emily Latella, but hey, we all knew what you meant.
It just goes to show you, it's always something.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Okay - here is my experience so far this year.
DT Richmond airport - stay here frequently as it's our home airport and often leave our car here. Almost always upgraded to 1 BR Suite even before the new policy.
Embassy Suites Scottsdale and Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport - not part of the new plan.
Hilton Dulles - almost always get upgraded to "studio suite" which is one room but very large - I like it.
DT Alpharetta, GA - no suites in the property
Hilton Atlanta Airport - upgraded to corner studio suite. Definitely bigger room and at the corner of the property with large screen TV and very nice work area. Bathroom is odd shaped but large with huge walk in shower.
That's it so far this year. David
Old Feb 9, 2012, 7:59 am

Inn at Penn - out of three stays was upgraded to Junior Suite twice after booking standard room. The Junior suite has a separate living/dining room with TV.

Bobette
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Since the rule change

Upgraded to a nice suite at the Charlottesville Hampton (while using a reward)^^

Upgraded to a gigantic 2 bedroom suite (larger than my first apartment!) at the Homewood in San Antonio. The desk noted that although they didn't have to participate but their management recognizes what it takes to be a Diamond.^^^

Then comes my recent stay at the Hilton GasLamp in SanDiego. When I arrived they stated that I was getting, points, Breakfast and yes an upgrade (Well that's their interpretation). I had booked a room with 2 queens - high floor. What I got (ugraded to?????) was a low floor but with a "French balcony". When I asked for something higher I was told they were sold out. When I got to the room I realized that the French balcony was a big window with a balcony railing that overlooked the dumpster . Just for chuckles I looked online and the reservation site still had lots of room options including suites (yes they were more than the $239/night I was paying but available). The Moral of my story is I know upgrades are optional but please don't lie about being full and don't give fictional accounts about my room being an upgraded.

All I ask is consistency within Hilton
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:55 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Liverpool

One night in the Hilton Liverpool this week. Upgraded to a wonderful junior suite.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
Hilton North Houston (Energy Center) - Booked king room, received very nice King Suite on 9th Floor with EL access.

Hilton Post Oak Houston - Booked 2 queen room, Upgraded to laughable version of an Executive Floor. Horribly old room with bad stains on carpet. Furniture circa 1985 and mattress was old and horrible. Worst hilton room in a long time... There was a women's meeting in the EL with such loud conversation, no way to work at all. Great location, horrible room...

Hilton Garden Inn - Duluth/Atlanta. Booked king room, upgraded to King suite. Very nice staff here too...
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
In the last 10 days:

Hilton Auckland - upgrade to harbor view deluxe room

Hilton Sydney upgraded to King suite

Waldorf Astoria Shanghai - deluxe riverview room on upper floor
Old Feb 12, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Sending this from a suite in the RTP (Research Triangle Park) Hilton in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area, NC. Booked an economical single room rate, put in a suite and given two full breakfast coupons. I could get used to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.