Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Feb 1, 12, 12:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Avis First/Preferred, Hertz 5*
Hilton El Conquistador Resort, Tuscon. Booked three nights last week on Q4 free night certificates, booking was for 2 queen bed room (only my wife and I were traveling, but that was the room for the certs according to the diamond desk). Checked online the morning of check in and I had been upgraded to a junior suite. Upon check in I asked the FD if I could be upgraded to a casita (full suite there) and was promptly upgraded.
Old Feb 1, 12, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slidergirl View Post
We'll just have to disagree. I believe it's not necessary. It seems rather aggressive to call. You are not the center of the universe - there are potentially hundreds of HH people who will try to call a particular hotel on a given day. If you feel you absolutely MUST call to be sure that your special upgrade is assured, perhaps call during those times where checkins and checkouts are less likely to be occupying the GSAs. Ever been made to wait at the checkin/checkout because a GSA is on the phone??? How did you feel? That could have been a Diamond member calling to check on their upgrade status... Perhaps I'm too laid back to worry about my upgrades
I've been told by FDC's to call earlier when I don't get an UG.
Old Feb 1, 12, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by dot_net View Post
Hilton El Conquistador Resort, Tuscon. Booked three nights last week on Q4 free night certificates, booking was for 2 queen bed room (only my wife and I were traveling, but that was the room for the certs according to the diamond desk). Checked online the morning of check in and I had been upgraded to a junior suite. Upon check in I asked the FD if I could be upgraded to a casita (full suite there) and was promptly upgraded.
I like your approach. You were lucky to have the GSA find a casita that was vacant for your entire stay!
Old Feb 1, 12, 10:39 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Booked a regular guestroom last Friday for this coming weekend at the Wit DT in Chicago on the prepaid weekend sale rate. Reservation showed upgraded later to a Spa Suite (their mid level suite not their lowest level). In the past have only been upgraded to a regular spa room never a suite and that was at checkin not a week in advance.

I think is a good tool to have to know what properties are upgrading and what ones aren't.
This is good to know! ^

Thanks for the info on the property.
Old Feb 2, 12, 3:38 am

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
So How far in advance do the upgrades show?
My reservation for 2 nights starting tomorrow in Paris ADT Hilton is still showing regular king guest room.
Old Feb 2, 12, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
Anyone stayed at Palmer house in Chicago yet?

I am going back in Mid-March and the WIT is sold out (I know I could do a diamond force but the rate is high and since they are sold out that means no rooms for an upgrade) as are a couple other properties but the Palmer House still had lot of inventory on hilton.com

Just wondering how they are treating upgrades since the new policy? I have gotten some nice upgrades in the past and wasn't sure if they were doing suite upgrades now or not.
Old Feb 2, 12, 7:28 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold and Silver Wings, AS MVPG75K, HH Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MrHilton View Post
Suite upgrades and other upgrades are only a benefit at the upscale brands. ...
We just had three separate stays at the Durango Colorado Hampton Inn and were upgraded to suites two out of three, our first ever HI upgrades. As silly as HI upgrades used to sound to me, we enjoyed having the extra room. Our sleeping patterns are still disturbed after returning from two weeks in India and it was useful that I could get up, go into the living room and surf the Internet without disturbing Mrs. Fredd.

We were also upgraded at the Delhi Hilton Janukpuri. ^
Old Feb 2, 12, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Upgraded paid December Sale rate from standard room to Junior Suite at London Canary Wharf 48 hrs in advance
Old Feb 6, 12, 10:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Conrad Istanbul
Booked an Executive City view room as a Premium Reward for 2 nights.

Received a Business Bosphorous View suite. Was some confusion with my reservation before arrival due to the South Korean President being there the same weekend, as apparently they had to change rooms around due to security protocols. All in all, made to feel very welcome and well looked after.

Hilton Dubai Creek
Booked a standard (deluxe) room for 2 nights using Q4 nights.

Received a Deluxe Suite at check in. Hotel is very busy tonight, so no pre-upgrade showing, so was a pleasant surprise when they mentioned the upgrade in the lounge.

So far so good with new Diamond upgrade system in place, especially as these have come via leisure stays when I really value the upgrade.
Old Feb 6, 12, 1:17 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I am going back in Mid-March and the WIT is sold out (I know I could do a diamond force but the rate is high and since they are sold out that means no rooms for an upgrade) as are a couple other properties but the Palmer House still had lot of inventory on hilton.com

Just wondering how they are treating upgrades since the new policy? I have gotten some nice upgrades in the past and wasn't sure if they were doing suite upgrades now or not.
I disagree with one of your basic premises, that a sold out hotel decreases the liklihood of an upgrade, in my experience a sold out hotel increases the liklihood of getting an upgrade.

I believe many hotels when sold out have not in fact sold out of premium rooms/suites, but rather they've oversold their standard rooms by so much that they've not sold premium rooms/suites knowing they'll use them for upgrades, and as an elite member, the hotel is likely to upgrade you to those rooms. I've received my best upgrades at sold out hotels because of this.

In other words, if you a do a Diamond Force at a sold out hotel, I think your chances of an upgrade are even higher than normal, not lower.
Old Feb 6, 12, 3:35 pm
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, EY Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire Ambassador, QR & TAP bye bye
Hilton Heathrow T4. Upgraded to Exec Queen on arrival (from standard queen) Asked about Suites and was then offered a one bedroom Hilton Suite.
Old Feb 6, 12, 11:11 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
Hilton Heathrow T4. Upgraded to Exec Queen on arrival (from standard queen) Asked about Suites and was then offered a one bedroom Hilton Suite.
In my experience this hotel has always been generous in offering suites and I've always had at least an Exec room there over more than 35 stays.

Bmifly
Old Feb 7, 12, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Had a very nice stay on points in the Hilton The Hague. Booked a standard room, was upgraded a day in advance to an executive studio. Upon checking in, we were given a beautiful suite (did not ask for one, was already happy with the executive studio).
Old Feb 7, 12, 5:02 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Doubletree Cadbury House upgraded to Junior Suite. Very nice room and very nice stay, everything was just right.
Hilton Puckrup Hall upgraded to deluxe plus room which I actually personally prefer over the suites, so many thanks to them for this too. Again, a nice stay, gorgeous pool.
Will keep you posted regarding UK Hiltons when I can.
Old Feb 7, 12, 5:13 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time ... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by 419er View Post
In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna: Nevermind.
Actually, the "nevermind" character was Emily Latella, but hey, we all knew what you meant.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: