Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:45 pm

The Roosevelt New Orleans

3 room reservation for three nights at The Roosevelt New Orleans. All three rooms upgraded, two of which to suites.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:17 pm

Thumbs up Molino Stucky - Venice

3 night award stay April 1-4. Tower Suite upgrade - 2800+ euro a night!!! Spectacular two room suite with canal views from 12 windows! Wife's 60th birthday celebration trip. Beautiful cake and Prosecco in room!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I am pleased to make my first positive post to this thread: London Hilton on Park Lane, booked king guest room on Q4FN, given Park Lane Suite (a five-category upgrade).
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:03 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Hilton Milan

Booked paid regular room during major event and got very spacious Junior suite
Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:08 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Another success story, just a few minutes' walk away from the site of stifle's rather super upgrade: booked a Points and Money room at the Hilton London Green Park, which booked into a basic "twin" room, and ended up in the hotel's only suite.

Obviously many things were working in our favour: it was just one night, it was at the weekend and it was a few weeks before large numbers of vacationing Americans with Diamond status start streaming into London. But it was still a pleasant upgrade. ^
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
On current trip booked a regular king at Hilton Dulles Airport and upgraded to Junior Suite - I stay here fairly often and nearly always get upgraded to junior suite. Then flew to Bali and checked in at the Conrad Bali using points. Reservation was for a deluxe king and was upgraded to Ocean Suite which is very, very nice. Actually, I think this suite is preferable to the Conrad Suites because of superior ocean views.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO 1.5 MM, Hilton Diamond
Upgraded to a junior suite at Hilton San Francisco Airport.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:45 pm

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice and Hilton CDG Paris

Venice upgraded to an Executive Suite.

CDG upgraded to a corner large Junior Suite with the most spectacular views of the runway AND a view right to the city with Montmartre and the Eiffel Tower both visible at night.

Add those to last Tuesday's suite upgrade at Hilton Belfast to make a great hat trick. Very, very happy with all stays.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
W-A Arizona Biltmore

Checked in on a Govt rate and without asking was given a suite in the Valley Wing. The view is looking into the garden, not towards the mountain. It's basically 1.5 times the size of the standard rooms in this wing. In general can't complain about the room. (Although what really irks me about the W-A properties is no breakfast for elites, but I guess that's a topic for another thread).
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond/ AC Elite/*Gold /Hertz Gold5*/Global Entry-TSA Pre/Starbucks Gold
Hilton Waikoloa Village

April 13 - 23, Upgraded to Suite in Palace Tower.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:23 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Hampton Inn & Suites - Homestead, FL

April 23 until ???
(My res. is for about 30 days)

Upon arrival I was given the keys to a run of the mill small double room on the top (5th) floor.

I called the front desk from the room and reminded them that the original res. was for a King. (They had been shuffling my reservations because I couldn't book a room for such a long time on a single res.)

The FDA (Manager on duty) said no problem. We'll get you a King. I can send the keys to the new room up to you. I said no, I'll meet you in the lobby and pick them up. When I got to the FD she was busy shuffling reservations and not only got me a King room but a King suite. I was very thankful considering the length of my stay.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Upgraded to junior suite on executive level at Hilton Washington Dulles for a one-night stay.

At the Washington Hilton (1919 Connecticut) on a two-night stay, I noticed that they had allocated a suite the night before check-in, which was consistent with what they had done on a stay there last month (April 2012).

However, by the time we got to the hotel, they had changed it back to a regular room, and not a very good one at that. Small and not on the executive level.

We called down to ask for a larger room. They moved us to a corner room that was slightly larger, but was a country mile away from the elevator.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
Noticed my upcoming stay at London Canary Wharf using free night cert already upgraded to Junior Suite - offering confirmed upgrade to Executive Suite for 72,725 - bargain
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by stanj
Upgraded to junior suite on executive level at Hilton Washington Dulles for a one-night stay.

At the Washington Hilton (1919 Connecticut) on a two-night stay, I noticed that they had allocated a suite the night before check-in, which was consistent with what they had done on a stay there last month (April 2012).

However, by the time we got to the hotel, they had changed it back to a regular room, and not a very good one at that. Small and not on the executive level.

We called down to ask for a larger room. They moved us to a corner room that was slightly larger, but was a country mile away from the elevator.
Pardon the question, but how do you notice that you were allocated a suite the night before? Is it as simple as going online and checking your res??? I've never done this.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Pardon the question, but how do you notice that you were allocated a suite the night before? Is it as simple as going online and checking your res??? I've never done this.
When I have done an OLCI, I have had it show a suite as the selected room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.