Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Hilton Zurich Airport

The Hilton Zurich Airport has always treated me very well.

Shortly after the introduction of this new benefit, I booked a Queen Hilton Guestroom and received a large and very nice Queen Junior Suite.

... and that was for a 10 night stay! ^
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by MrHilton
Since the changes to the HHonors Diamond benefits, I was wondering if people already had some luck with getting upgrades to better rooms. (Suites)

So report your upgrade luck here
Originally Posted by JackieC2
We might see trends - which hotels are giving upgrades and how frequently.
Originally Posted by MrHilton
Indeed, it's just to get a view on the general attitude of the hotels .
Actually, I also have some concerns about the existence of this thread. Unlike the "upgrade failures" thread, I think this thread has the potential to excise this benefit from named properties, since we know that many property lurkers do exist on FT. Further, I think we'd be remiss if we didn't consider that said lurkers can use info gleaned in this thread to "close the loopholes" that might exist in their properties' check-in process from details gleaned here.

The question is, do you believe the benefits of this thread's existence outweigh the possibilities of multiple properties finding even more ways to skirt the upgrade benefit?

Last edited by Ritz; Mar 13, 2012 at 3:56 am
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: US Gold, Marriott Silver
Conrad Bali, reserved 1 standard room with points and 1 with a free night cert, received an upgrade to the Conrad Ocean Suite. 2 beds instead of my preferred 1 as I'm here by myself, but I like it!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Lockz
Conrad Bali, reserved 1 standard room with points and 1 with a free night cert, received an upgrade to the Conrad Ocean Suite. 2 beds instead of my preferred 1 as I'm here by myself, but I like it!
i believe most of the suites here have 2 beds....at least that is what i was told last time i was there....
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold,Hertz President's Circle, AMEX Delta Reserve, GE/NEXUS
Hilton Brussels City

Used points for a 2 night stay on March 13th and 14th. Upgraded to the Twin Junior Suite.

We did not receive a suite upgrade at the London Tower Bridge, Paris Arc de Triomphe, or Hilton Amsterdam. These stays were also booked with points.

andretti43
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Can probably forgive Tower Bridge, which only has I think two or three suites.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Frequently stay at the marvelous McLean Hilton - which has the honor of being right next door to Hilton Wordwide HQ. Have never been upgraded, until this week. Assistant GM is in the bar and asks me how my stay is. Asks if they ever upgrade Diamonds, since I've never been. She says "You want a suite tonight?". Well, I've already unpacked. "We will help you move". Well, I pack lightly, and can do it myself. Glad I did. Just remodeled. Lights had multiple settings, with touch buttons to match. "Welcome", "TV watching", "Reading", "Away" - you get the idea. Fantastic.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: UA-1K MM+, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum
I must being doing something wrong because I NEVER get upgraded to suites. I've been a Diamond for 6 years and not once have I received a nice upgrade at Hilton. Since we're talking about 2012 policy change, the hotels where I've stayed this year include:
~ Santa Clara Hilton CA
~ Capitol Hilton Baton Rouge LA
~ Hilton Suites Phoenix AZ
~ Hilton Long Beach CA
~ Hilton Riverside New Orleans LA
~ Hilton Airport Irvine CA

Has anyone had success with nice suite upgrades at these hotels?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hilton Skirvin in OKC has been very good to me.... Even on Thunder game nights. A suite last night and that was confirmed several days out with one call.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Hilton Gatwick, booked a regular double and got "upgraded" to an executive floor double, but not sure what the upgrade was in it. The room is tiny and I can go to the exec lounge anyway. All I had a good 5 mins walk to find this "upgraded" room.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
VERY Happy with my upgrade at palmer house. Nice 1-bedroom suite with 2 baths, a huge parlor/sitting area, large dining room/conference table and a small mini bar area with mini fridge

PH always treats me right, but this is the best upgrade yet.
+1 I got the same room, called King Bedroom suite. Wonder if we were in th same room. I did think the layout was odd.

Staying in Hilton Chicago now, got upgraded to Field Marshall Suite.

^ to the Hilton suite UG's lately. To be honest my first two suite UG's ever, all the years I've been diamond. If this keeps up I just might reconsider staying at gold. We'll see, still ticked off with the prem room scam and diamond force loss.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mnredfox
+1 I got the same room, called King Bedroom suite. Wonder if we were in th same room. I did think the layout was odd.

Staying in Hilton Chicago now, got upgraded to Field Marshall Suite.

^ to the Hilton suite UG's lately. To be honest my first two suite UG's ever, all the years I've been diamond. If this keeps up I just might reconsider staying at gold. We'll see, still ticked off with the prem room scam and diamond force loss.
I think on every floor (except maybe 23) they have 1 bedroom king suites that are numbered 150 and 250. Layout was a little odd but LOTS of room.

I have had a lot of luck with suite upgrades at Chicago properties. Haven't stayed at the Chicago Hilton since suite upgrades have become part of the program, but am sure I will this summer and am hoping I get upgraded to a suite there as well.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:05 pm

Staying at a corner juniorsuite on the 47th floor with vore over ground zero and the city center. Yes i am at Hilton Millenium and this is my best upgrade ever.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I think on every floor (except maybe 23) they have 1 bedroom king suites that are numbered 150 and 250. Layout was a little odd but LOTS of room.

I have had a lot of luck with suite upgrades at Chicago properties. Haven't stayed at the Chicago Hilton since suite upgrades have become part of the program, but am sure I will this summer and am hoping I get upgraded to a suite there as well.
Agreed, Chicago was pretty good.

Drake - UG to Exec room
Palmer - UG to suite
Hilton Suites MM - faux UG to lake view
Hilton Chicago - ug to suite
Old Mar 23, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Hilton New York -- upgraded to exec floor (39-44, I was on 41)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.