Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Booked a regular guestroom last Friday for this coming weekend at the Wit DT in Chicago on the prepaid weekend sale rate. Reservation showed upgraded later to a Spa Suite (their mid level suite not their lowest level). In the past have only been upgraded to a regular spa room never a suite and that was at checkin not a week in advance.

I think is a good tool to have to know what properties are upgrading and what ones aren't.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Hilton Barcelona Diagonal Del Mar is showing a Junior Suite , booked a Deluxe room originally , seems to be rolling out in Europe

So far 2/2
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:19 pm

Diamond since 1997, just got my first real upgrade! (Not just a regular room on an executive floor. Doubletree Seattle/Tukwila Towncenter on a AAA rate of $134. I guess every room is a suite, but I got a big one at the end of the hall with a microwave (which apparently most suites don't have). Not a corner, but you can't have everything, eh?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Agreed...this is a pointless exercise.
if you feel its pointless then you don't have to post here....but it definitely helps to see which properties are generous with suite upgrades & which are not....
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold,VS Gold,Hilton Diamond
I booked London Paddington in the week double exece room for prem reward 43K points checked today same room reduced to 34k points.So cancel and rebooked at cheaper rate just looked at my booking and been upgraded to a queen suite.result.long may this continue
^
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Hilton San Jose

Booked a standard King room, upgraded to a massive corner suite. A fantastic room.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Agreed...this is a pointless exercise.
What is more pointless? Posting an on-topic message in a pointless thread, or posting an off-topic message about how pointless this thread is? (Let alone responding to an off-topic message about pointlessness!

Oh - by the way - I did both, so I guess I'm doubly pointless.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
We should also have posts about your faux UG's too.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I am at the DT Wit right now and have a BEAUTIFUL suite. Hopeful this is a sign of things to come in the future. If it is HH will get ALL my business
Old Jan 28, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: UA and HH
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.395 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Last weekend I was upgraded to a nice suite at the DT in Portland OR
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
DT Virginia Beach Convention Center

booked a $55 MVP rate. Got a large two room suite on the top floor. Hotel itself is just ok, but I appreciated the upgrade.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Hilton Hasbrouck Heights- Fail

1 night stay last Thursday- online push for points or NOR1 upgrade still there on day of checkin, including junior site, 1 BR suite, and even "NY city skyline view" upgrade for a few bucks. Parking lot was nowhere near full, so occupancy was not an issue.

Received the standard king that I booked, not even on the esteemed city skyline view side of the building.

Of course they might have provided the upgrade if I pushed for it at checkin, but I'm a little tired of panhandling for a stated benefit.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by mwk190
1 night stay last Thursday- online push for points or NOR1 upgrade still there on day of checkin, including junior site, 1 BR suite, and even "NY city skyline view" upgrade for a few bucks. Parking lot was nowhere near full, so occupancy was not an issue.

Received the standard king that I booked, not even on the esteemed city skyline view side of the building.

Of course they might have provided the upgrade if I pushed for it at checkin, but I'm a little tired of panhandling for a stated benefit.
You'll be wanting the suite upgrade fail thread, third door on the left.

Note that suite upgrades are not an entitlement. You're entitled to some sort of upgrade at the hotel's option, which may be a suite.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by stifle
You'll be wanting the suite upgrade fail thread, third door on the left.

Note that suite upgrades are not an entitlement. You're entitled to some sort of upgrade at the hotel's option, which may be a suite.
Yes, I'm fully aware of the lack of guarantee, hotel discretion, etc. which I believe would be the whole point of threads like this discussing where upgrades are offered and with how much difficulty, so that we can judge where to spend out resources.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mwk190

I'm with you. Often by the time I get to the hotel, any room will do. Sometimes there are nice suites provided but personally prefer a great view. IMO, unless there is a lot of time to actually enjoy a specific room's features, the greatest value comes from the lounge and excellent service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.