Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:00 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I didn't get a bear in my DWV, or a flower on the bed!
Lol, that's my Fiancee's stuffed monkey. He's the CFO of my travel blog. More info on bottom right of http://joeprotravel.com/about/

The flower I may have placed myself. Don't recall.

The hotel did provide friends for monkey though:
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:22 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lizs
If anyone else will be there in late July PM me, would be great to meet up! My husband would be thrilled for me to nerd out with FTers, ha!
Will be arriving on the 28th so if you're still around, happy to do rounds of drinks at happy hour
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by joecool1885
Lastly, thanks to MaldivesFreak for going over my full review and giving me a few pointers!
Welcome. Maybe I should start charging, haha. JK. Great review and some funny parts too, especially your under-the-sea attire.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 18, 2017 at 10:55 am
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:47 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hi all,

re: tennis courts, are there complimentary racquets + balls or should I bring my own?

Is tap water drinkable? or should I just head to the fitness centre to grab some water there (I assume it's available and free)
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:00 pm

The tap water is NOT potable. You will be given fresh water daily via glass bottles with plugs.

There is also bottled water in the business center.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:07 pm

Is it not? It's all distilled water isn't it? It's definitely not overtly dirty water.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Is it not? It's all distilled water isn't it? It's definitely not overtly dirty water.
A manager told me the tap water is NOT meant to be drunk. The water contained in the glass bottles goes through a treatment process. However, I don't know how they "sanitize" the actual bottle itself since I'm sure guests drink from it from time-to-time.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:38 pm

A manager told me the tap water is NOT meant to be drunk. The water contained in the glass bottles goes through a treatment process. However, I don't know how they "sanitize" the actual bottle itself since I'm sure guests drink from it from time-to-time.
i can believe that. But I reckon the water is safer than most I've had, so in general I wouldn't want prey about it if you drink some. I mostly drank the tap water after my glass bottle was done (hate all the imported/plastic bottles).
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:46 pm

Technically, all the water goes through a treatment process as it's desalinated but the drinking water goes through an extra process (distillation) whereby they kill any germs that may be in it.

There is also bottled water in the business center.
Is it back now? When we were there in February they had taken it away.

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I've had the tap water before, too. Never had a problem with it.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 18, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Will be arriving on the 28th so if you're still around, happy to do rounds of drinks at happy hour
Yes, definitely. We leave the 30th so let's get in touch closer to your arrival and plan on doing so.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 1:07 pm

Just booked a 5 night stay for January. How long does it usually take for the resort to contact you? If I'm looking to upgrade should I contact them now for rates or wait until they contact me?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:41 pm

They don't contact you until around 1 month out or less.
tou can contact them for paid upgrades but I would wait a bit, unless you really want a specific room type.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:07 pm

I'm just curious about the upgrade rates. Do they usually get cheaper as you get closer to travel? Are there any strategies for getting the lowest rate for upgrade fees?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:19 pm

Rates vary. If a certain villa type is popular then it will go up. IF they are overselling BV and not enough confirmed upgrades you may get a cheap one. It's a bit of an gamble, so if happy with a BV, my would be to let it get quite close and see what is on offer.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by captainamerica
I'm just curious about the upgrade rates. Do they usually get cheaper as you get closer to travel? Are there any strategies for getting the lowest rate for upgrade fees?
See my 'Guidelines For Paid Upgrades' post linked in my sig below. Usually the rates go up and you have less negotiating power as time nears and the resort fills up but, as Cynicor has mentioned, you can get lucky on occasion. IME, and from what I've read here and on TA, getting lucky is a rare occurence though, especially if you leave it to the day of check-in. Depends on whether you want to take your chances or you definitely want to secure something before you arrive.

Also note that the rates have gone down in the last couple of months (both cash prices due to promos and upgrade rates as well) and are probably at the lowest they're going to get, so if I were you I wouldn't hesitate to secure something before you arrive if that's what you are thinking about doing. Just remember to compare what they give you to what's in the wiki. That way you'll get a better feel as to whether you're getting a good deal (which you will be due to the current situation) or an even better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.