Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Though I don't know why you'd wanna use your time in Male when you can fly to paradise.
Thought I'd check Male out? If it's as bad as it is, at least I will recover a few after hours after that when I get to the Conrad.

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
+1,000,000 He'll learn.....
I'm a newbie remember? maybe a little bit too stubborn of newbie - I will learn, fast
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Thought I'd check Male out? If it's as bad as it is, at least I will recover a few after hours after that when I get to the Conrad.

I'm a newbie remember? maybe a little bit too stubborn of newbie - I will learn, fast
Learn faster by clicking here
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:27 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
*vomit*?

Damn, don't feel like eating my dinner anymore!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:13 am

Exactly. That's why you need to have dinner at Vilu, Mandhoo, Sunset Grill.....that's palatable!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:18 am

Is there some way we can still book AXON awards?

And also - has anyone ever been walked? Or do they not oversell?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I'm scheduled to arrive at 1740 from PVG on a MU flight. Seems like I'll miss the seaplane transfer.

Wiki info says I'll have to transfer via domestic flight and speedboat. Flying out we leave at 2055. Few qeustions:

1. I assume when I give my flight info to the hotel they will arrange everything to/from MLE to the resort? That is, arrange domestic flight and speedboat from MLE to resort when I arrive and back?

2. Even though our flight is 2055, can we request the seaplane transfer for the last flight on the day when we leave? Not sure, but if there is a transfer from Conrad to MLE around 5pm we'd be happy to hang out at the MLE airport.

3. Is the cost $500 all in charged by resort (plus taxes) for everything, even if we do domestic flight plus boat? IE if we go to resort via domestic flight plus boat and back on seaplane, is total cost $500 plus tax?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:41 am

1. Yes.

2. Yes, but TMA will not necessarily put you on the flight you ask for. TBH you probably won't be on the last flight out (if there are any at 6PM or after, and there usually are since there are 7 or 8 flights per day on average), however there's a good chance you will be on a flight between 4-5PM so you will have a few hours to kill after checkout at 12. Ask for both the latest flight out and a late checkout, the former when you give your flight details to them before arrival and the latter the day before checkout.

3. Yes, same price. It's always been like this.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by charlinator
Is there some way we can still book AXON awards?

And also - has anyone ever been walked? Or do they not oversell?
Have you called HH USA?

As mentioned just a few posts ago, they do oversell BVs but I've never seen anyone walked in the 2100 reviews on TripAdvisor. However I have seen a couple of instances of it happening at other resorts. Extremely unlikely it would happen at Rangali. I was told a story about a time many years ago when there was extremely bad weather and quite a few guests couldn't get back to Male so they put guests up in any place they could including management's accommodation (at the southern end of Rangali) and on the yacht as well. They bend over backwards for you but I suppose there's always a miniscule chance of it happening as their occupancy rates are so high (high nineties most of the time). I wouldn't be concerned about it in the least if I were you. And if it were to happen you would be informed of it prior to the seaplane journey and they'd arrange equally good or better accommodation at another, respectable resort.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
1. Yes.

2. Yes, but TMA will not necessarily put you on the flight you ask for. TBH you probably won't be on the last flight out (if there are any at 6PM or after, and there usually are since there are 7 or 8 flights per day on average), however there's a good chance you will be on a flight between 4-5PM so you will have a few hours to kill after checkout at 12. Ask for both the latest flight out and a late checkout, the former when you give your flight details to them before arrival and the latter the day before checkout.

3. Yes, same price. It's always been like this.
Awesome thank you. What is TMA and TBH?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Awesome thank you. What is TMA and TBH?
TMA = Trans Maldivian Airways
TBH = To Be Honest
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Ah okay, thanks for detail. It's more of a bucket list item, but definitely not a necessity at the moment. I'll mull it over
PM me with what you want in a bucket list diving experience and I'll recommend some places for you. (Sharks, mantas, turtles, corals, pretty fish, easy diving, currents, small stuff: the small stuff is the really interesting stuff.) I have to say, that the Rangali is my favorite place to stay when I dive, but the diving isn't the best I've ever dived.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
TMA = Trans Maldivian Airways
TBH = To Be Honest
Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
I'm here now in a Deluxe Water Villa and this place is out of this world. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. It has been extremely helpful in my planning.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:27 am

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I've searched this thread, Google, and anywhere else I can think of, and I've clicked on every link in the Wiki...

Does anyone have the price list PDF that includes the dive center sports, excursions, and also dining information? It looks very similar to the Watersports PDF in the wiki, but it's many pages long and looks comprehensive. I swear I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by NW-A332
I'm here now in a Deluxe Water Villa and this place is out of this world. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. It has been extremely helpful in my planning.
Always happy to hear this. Have a wonderful holiday! Just looking at the prices now and it's less than $450pn all up. Being such good value for money makes it more the shame we have to assign money to things other than Rangali right now. Such is life.

Originally Posted by charlinator
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I've searched this thread, Google, and anywhere else I can think of, and I've clicked on every link in the Wiki...

Does anyone have the price list PDF that includes the dive center sports, excursions, and also dining information? It looks very similar to the Watersports PDF in the wiki, but it's many pages long and looks comprehensive. I swear I've seen it before, but I can't seem to find it.
They used to be linked in the wiki when they were posted on Conrad's website. That's changed now but you can always email the resort and they'll send you copies. No use me sending the ones I have from last year as they might be out of date.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 15, 2017 at 10:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.