Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:48 am

I'll give a slightly different opinion.
I like the base BV and am a bit indifferent to the OWBs.
I've been for 3 and 5 nights in the base OWB and SWV but the base BV is pretty nice and it feels bigger, too (not sure on actual dimensions though).

Anyway, I'd say you'll have an awesome time regardless, save the money and spend it on F+B and trips/experiences if you are trying to stretch the budget a bit.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:59 am

I am a little unclear as to whether there is a supplement for children on a points booking? Could someone clarify?

Also, are there any examples of three kids being allowed in a beach villa? (ours are all little, youngest being 2).
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by twentyfourseven
I am a little unclear as to whether there is a supplement for children on a points booking? Could someone clarify?
On our last stay (April 2016) we were only charged USD 6.00 "Green Tax" per night for our daughter.

For the future, see this post.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
For those of you with flights booked to MLE on QR (myself included, unfortunately), you might want to start monitoring this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ies-qatar.html
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by twentyfourseven

Also, are there any examples of three kids being allowed in a beach villa? (ours are all little, youngest being 2).
I'm going to call HH USA and ask.

As for the kids, 3 are not allowed, unless you mean 1 adult and 3 kids.

Update on points bookings: After speaking to one CSR and having the line cut I called another and boy, was he a hopeless case. On the third call I spoke to a guy who was reasonably well versed in redemption bookings and here's what he had to say:
* extra kids are free
* there is a $150+++ ($190.80) fee for each adult

On the fourth call I spoke to a lady at the HH call centre who knew her stuff and here's what she had to say:
* now, point values for free nights can change, depending on how many guests there are in the villa. She gave me an example of where she saw someone book a night for 60K then added another guest and the required points went up to 70K
* apparently, if you book with points, you can put as many occupants names down as the maximum room occupancy allows, and you won't have to pay the Extra Person Fees! You'll only have to pay them if you add guests to the reservation after you've finalized the (initial) booking

Whether all this actually works in the real world is another thing entirely. But anyway, I'll add the above info to my previous post.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 5, 2017 at 11:29 pm
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:37 pm
formerly maskelo

Can anyone confirm if the hotel is still charging for stand up paddle hire? Most of the nice hotels in the Maldives have it complimentary as far as I could see.

The last update I could find was early 2016 hence the question. If there is a charge is it still USD25 per hour and USD60 per 4x hours?

The 4 hours pack needs to be used at once or spread across different days?

Thanks in advance ^
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:08 pm

I would like to get advice for the following :

a) We will arrive MLE airport after 10:00pm (Singapore Airline) , which hotel you book a 1 night stay in Male city. What is the price range and does it has a shuttle or pick up service from MLE airport to hotel and vice versa

b) What time you will transfer back MLE airport to catch your sea plan to Conrad Hotel. Do you notify the Conrad of your plan where do you stay in Male City over night

c) if my fligh home departs very late in the evening ( ~11:00pm). And Conrad policy require check out at 12:00pm, how do you extended your stay thru 6:00pm of same day. Do you paid extra charge for stay up to 6:00pm

d) How do you make arrangement to take a last flight (~6:00pm) from conrad hotel to MLE airport.

e) Since our flight home very later in the evening time, we plan to stop by the priority lounge ( if any). If anyone has stay in one of the priority lounge at MLE airport, do you recall if there is a shower facility at the priority lounge.

This is my first time to visit Maldives ( 5 nights )and I would like some information to plan our trip. I am not sure if we would love Maldives island and Conrad resort enough to come back again in the near future. If you have good tips, please share.
Thank you
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:33 pm

Interesting that you mention stand up paddle hire because on Trip Advisor you get the impression that sometimes it's free but sometimes it isn't. I think you might have to email them unless there is someone here who has stayed recently and used them.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I would like to get advice for the following :

a) We will arrive MLE airport after 10:00pm (Singapore Airline) , which hotel you book a 1 night stay in Male city. What is the price range and does it has a shuttle or pick up service from MLE airport to hotel and vice versa

b) What time you will transfer back MLE airport to catch your sea plan to Conrad Hotel. Do you notify the Conrad of your plan where do you stay in Male City over night

c) if my fligh home departs very late in the evening ( ~11:00pm). And Conrad policy require check out at 12:00pm, how do you extended your stay thru 6:00pm of same day. Do you paid extra charge for stay up to 6:00pm

d) How do you make arrangement to take a last flight (~6:00pm) from conrad hotel to MLE airport.

e) Since our flight home very later in the evening time, we plan to stop by the priority lounge ( if any). If anyone has stay in one of the priority lounge at MLE airport, do you recall if there is a shower facility at the priority lounge.

This is my first time to visit Maldives ( 5 nights )and I would like some information to plan our trip. I am not sure if we would love Maldives island and Conrad resort enough to come back again in the near future. If you have good tips, please share.
Thank you
Hi there.

Questions a through d can be answered by looking in the wiki and reading the posts linked there. There is also talk of the Male airport priority lounge in this thread a while back so you could search the thread for 'male airport priority lounge' and you will find it.
And regarding late checkout, you have to pay another whole night's room charge if you want to extend checkout past noon.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Complete first time

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
We've done just that twice. The first time it was 4N BV then 3N SWV (as we had never done a BV before), then the other way round the second time as the OW experience is awesome and SWVs are perfect for us since we like the unadulterated view coupled with sunset.

I suppose there are two things to consider;
1. If you've never done OWB before then you might want to choose slightly longer in the SWV. This is especially true for you since your stay is very short. You really want to maximize the time over the water.
2. If you were doing DBV >> SWV it would be a harder choice. Not that the standard BVs are not nice it's just that the amount of space you get plus the pool makes you really want to keep staying in the DBV.

Two nights is definitely not enough in a SWV IMHO. But then again I'm of the opinion that 7 nights isn't enough either, heh. My advice is yes, take the 3rd night in the SWV and leave the first 2 in the BV. You won't regret it!

Sorry, I can't remember if you've mentioned it already but is this the first time to the Maldives? And have you staed in an OWB/OWV before?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:32 am

Hi there.

Questions a through d can be answered by looking in the wiki and reading the posts linked there. There is also talk of the Male airport priority lounge in this thread a while back so you could search the thread for 'male airport priority lounge' and you will find it.
And regarding late checkout, you have to pay another whole night's room charge if you want to extend checkout past noon.
Thank you for your reply. I read some information at the wiki section, but need need some clarification

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Octave in Male city. Information on Trip Advisor indicates this hotel has the pick up and drop off service to and from airport. if so, can you please share your inputs.

If you know of other clean hotel with reasonable pricing, please recommend it . For 1 night only, all I need is a clean & safe hotel to stay with pick up and drop off service from airport.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:11 am

I stayed at the airport hotel. Cheaper than Octave but saved any mucking about to get to mainland and back (the airport is on an island).

i think there is actually more than 1 hotel on the island but I didn't do much searching...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:09 am
formerly maskelo

Interesting that you mention stand up paddle hire because on Trip Advisor you get the impression that sometimes it's free but sometimes it isn't. I think you might have to email them unless there is someone here who has stayed recently and used them.
Yes, will do that. Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:35 am

I tried the paddle board in February this year. At that time all non-motorized "toys" were free of charge.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Thank you for your reply. I read some information at the wiki section, but need need some clarification

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Octave in Male city. Information on Trip Advisor indicates this hotel has the pick up and drop off service to and from airport. if so, can you please share your inputs.

If you know of other clean hotel with reasonable pricing, please recommend it . For 1 night only, all I need is a clean & safe hotel to stay with pick up and drop off service from airport.
We've stayed at Octave 4 times. Never had a problem there. There's another linked in the wiki but haven't tried it. I think 99% of hotels have a pickup and dropoff service and it's usually included in the price. Hotel Octave's is.

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I stayed at the airport hotel. Cheaper than Octave but saved any mucking about to get to mainland and back (the airport is on an island).

i think there is actually more than 1 hotel on the island but I didn't do much searching...
Erm, the airport hotel is cheaper than Octave?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.