Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:18 pm

It all depends on how many passengers there are and how much luggage the other passengers have. Should be fine if you have 2 suitcases each though. Any luggage not flying with you should be on the next flight and if not, will almost certainly be on the same day as there are usually 7 or 8 flights on average going to and from Rangali per day. The only thing that might inconvenience you is if you are arriving on the last seaplane flight. In that case you might have to wait until the next morning to get the remaining baggage.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:19 am

Does anyone know what happened to all the award space? I checked two days ago and there was abundant space for my dates in january. I was waiting for pooling points to go live. Its been live barely two hours, I dont think space has been snatched up this fast, especially since pooling take up to 24 hours to go through. Now there's no award space from January thru the end of schedule.

Nevermind, seems to be a glitch in the system. If you search via conrad.com, all the award space is there, but the results didn't come up for me on hilton.com

Last edited by babypuwet; Apr 26, 2017 at 12:32 am
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
It all depends on how many passengers there are and how much luggage the other passengers have. Should be fine if you have 2 suitcases each though. Any luggage not flying with you should be on the next flight and if not, will almost certainly be on the same day as there are usually 7 or 8 flights on average going to and from Rangali per day. The only thing that might inconvenience you is if you are arriving on the last seaplane flight. In that case you might have to wait until the next morning to get the remaining baggage.
I wonder if things get such that sometimes luggage doesn't fly with you to Rangali, must it not also be a case that it does not fly with you FROM Rangali, which would be clearly a much more major issue ?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Does anyone know what happened to all the award space? I checked two days ago and there was abundant space for my dates in january. I was waiting for pooling points to go live. Its been live barely two hours, I dont think space has been snatched up this fast, especially since pooling take up to 24 hours to go through. Now there's no award space from January thru the end of schedule.

Nevermind, seems to be a glitch in the system. If you search via conrad.com, all the award space is there, but the results didn't come up for me on hilton.com
You may have be caught out by the known 'funny' that means you see award space if you are not logged in, but will only see sward space when logged in if you have enough points to cover the search you are doing.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by tangey
I wonder if things get such that sometimes luggage doesn't fly with you to Rangali, must it not also be a case that it does not fly with you FROM Rangali, which would be clearly a much more major issue ?
That's a good question! Maybe TMA only make 950% profit on the run instead of 1000% (and yes, those extra zeros were intentional) because they have to run the engines at a slightly higher RPM to cope with the extra 20kg or so.....
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA
Just received upgrade rates for my July stay

Beach Villa to Water Villa, USD 82 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa, USD 163 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa, USD 285 + 10% SC + 12% TGST

I read that WV snorkeling isn't that great compared to the SWV. I'm assuming there are other great snorkeling places if I pick the WV, but can someone please confirm?. Leaning towards WV to save some cash for other things.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by ducksaucei3
Just received upgrade rates for my July stay

Beach Villa to Water Villa, USD 82 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Superior Water Villa, USD 163 + 10% SC + 12% TGST
Beach Villa to Retreat Water Villa, USD 285 + 10% SC + 12% TGST

I read that WV snorkeling isn't that great compared to the SWV. I'm assuming there are other great snorkeling places if I pick the WV, but can someone please confirm?. Leaning towards WV to save some cash for other things.
If you are there for a good length of time, and this is your first time, I'd suggest splitting between BV and some WV. The two do provide quite different experiences.

Those upgrade prices are some of the cheapest I've seen, in fact the WV price is cheaper than ever previously reported (going by the wiki). So you'd be mad to not take advantage at least for part of your stay.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by tangey
If you are there for a good length of time, and this is your first time, I'd suggest splitting between BV and some WV. The two do provide quite different experiences.

Those upgrade prices are some of the cheapest I've seen, in fact the WV price is cheaper than ever previously reported (going by the wiki). So you'd be mad to not take advantage at least for part of your stay.
Yeah, first time going. Will be 6 nights, planning on splitting 3 and 3, just don't know which WV right now
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:24 am

Man with prices being advertised so low, I wonder if I should renegotiate. I thought my $210++ was cheap for the superior water villa during low season, but it seems May is just low season and July is ultra low season. It's not huge, but enough for a nice dinner there.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:08 pm

How long does it take for them to reply to enquiries? Sent an email over a day ago and haven't heard back from them, pretty dissapoiting for a 5 star resort.

Last edited by aqwe; Apr 26, 2017 at 9:08 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:48 pm

A whole day!? That's a joke or typo, right?

i'd much rather they focussed on the experience of current guests. I would say next day would be a good reply time for someone arriving within 1-2 weeks or needing urgent info so they could book something specific.

Otherwise, I'd be happy with 3-5 days for a non urgent reply. This is a large property with many many people who stay and consider it. I imagine they get hundreds of emails a day from the public and media and travel agents etc.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Just a heads up for those travelling to CMRI;

"In a continual effort to evolve the resort's facilities, we are closing the Quiet Zone Pool from 17 July 2017 to 22 August 2017 to carry out maintenance and upgrade works. The Main Infinity Pool on Rangali Finolhu Island will be open and continue to operate as usual. We look forward to welcoming you to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island."
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by aqwe
How long does it take for them to reply to enquiries? Sent an email over a day ago and haven't heard back from them, pretty dissapoiting for a 5 start resort.
I've usually heard back within 24 hours, and usually around 3-5am PST. That seems to be when they respond to emails. I'll reserve judgement - I don't know when you sent your email, what it was requesting and who it was you contacted.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Perfect pool closing since I check out on the 15th
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by chongl
Perfect pool closing since I check out on the 15th
Enjoy the 14th and your last night there, that's my birthday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.