Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
Having done both a 10 and a 12 night stay, I don't think I could bring myself to go back for any thing less than 10 nights unless it was as part of a two centre/resort vacation.
You scuba dive/ snorkel, he does neither, which was entire reason for his question
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by tangey
You scuba dive/ snorkel, he does neither, which was entire reason for his question
I don't/didn't either. Take a lesson there, it's totally worth it to have a "guide" show you the ropes and lead you to where you should go and you'll get the confidence to go out on your own.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by jeffers
Our flight arrives at 6:55am into MLE. What time do you think we'll get to the resort?
About 10:30am resort time (9:30am MLE time)
There's no way to be that specific. In your case jeffers, it could be anywhere from 0915 island time to midday or even later. Not likely that you'll arrive after midday though.
Basically, if you disembark and get through customs in 20-30min (easily done and usually takes less than half an hour), check in for the seaplane and get to the lounge/seaplane terminal quickly, you could be on a 7:45AM flight out if there is one (that's pretty much the earliest they leave). Out of our 4 visits where we didn't get to MLE in the afternoon, i.e; we overnighted in Male and had to be at the seaplane check-in at 0720 the following morning, the earliest we arrived at Rangali was 0920 and the latest was somewhere between 1130 and 1145 IIRC.

One thing to remember if it's your first time to the Maldives and first time on a seaplane there; the seaplane timetable/schedule is totally out of the hands of the resort. TMA decides everything. They don't fly after dark or in bad weather and their flight times are based on how many guests are leaving/arriving at a particular resort at a particular time and also whether they are experiencing delays due to the weather or maintenance issues. They arrange passenger lists and give that info to the resorts about who's on what flight the night before, and no earlier. So any blame for delays or whatnot falls squarely on the weather or TMA and not the Conrad.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Apr 22, 2017 at 11:13 am
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:39 pm

TV Channels...

Right - sorry that this is a ridiculous question, but could someone please let us know which British TV channels are available at Rangali? Either in-room, or elsewhere?

We're going to be there on 9th June, and want to watch the election result, so hoping for BBC World News or similar...!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Julesthom
Right - sorry that this is a ridiculous question, but could someone please let us know which British TV channels are available at Rangali? Either in-room, or elsewhere?

We're going to be there on 9th June, and want to watch the election result, so hoping for BBC World News or similar...!
There are tons. Pretty sure BBC world, sky and definitely cnn
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
No Shoes No News

What happened to "No Shoes No News"?

But if your really wanting to watch the election result iPlayer could be your friend...

Or just accept my reasonable forecast that the Tories win with a majority of at least 50 seats...
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
There's no way to be that specific. In your case jeffers, it could be anywhere from 0915 island time to midday or even later. Not likely that you'll arrive after midday though.
Basically, if you disembark and get through customs in 20-30min (easily done and usually takes less than half an hour), check in for the seaplane and get to the lounge/seaplane terminal quickly, you could be on a 7:45AM flight out if there is one (that's pretty much the earliest they leave). Out of our 4 visits where we didn't get to MLE in the afternoon, i.e; we overnighted in Male and had to be at the seaplane check-in at 0720 the following morning, the earliest we arrived at Rangali was 0920 and the latest was somewhere between 1130 and 1145 IIRC.

One thing to remember if it's your first time to the Maldives and first time on a seaplane there; the seaplane timetable/schedule is totally out of the hands of the resort. TMA decides everything. They don't fly after dark or in bad weather and their flight times are based on how many guests are leaving/arriving at a particular resort at a particular time and also whether they are experiencing delays due to the weather or maintenance issues. They arrange passenger lists and give that info to the resorts about who's on what flight the night before, and no earlier. So any blame for delays or whatnot falls squarely on the weather or TMA and not the Conrad.
Well let's just see. I did say about, ie approx 10:30am. Which its pretty close to a median between 9:15 & 12:15.

Jeffers out oif interest please report back on your actual arrival time.. Of course in case you get stuck in the Conrad Seaplane lounge for a while its a pretty nice place to hang out...
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:35 pm

What happened to "No Shoes No News"?

But if your really wanting to watch the election result iPlayer could be your friend...

Or just accept my reasonable forecast that the Tories win with a majority of at least 50 seats...
brilliant, thanks! I'm not sure iPlayer will work outside the UK - I've struggled with it before - but I'm sure we'll see it on some channel... it will be a bit strange being out of the country for it!

6 weeks and counting... unbelievably excited!
Old Apr 22, 2017, 6:31 pm

Well let's just see. I did say about, ie approx 10:30am. Which its pretty close to a median between 9:15 & 12:15.

Jeffers out oif interest please report back on your actual arrival time.. Of course in case you get stuck in the Conrad Seaplane lounge for a while its a pretty nice place to hang out...
Does the resort hold your bags and let you roam about? I'm guessing early check-in is hit or miss without a booking for the previous night. Is there a pre check-in room people can use to refresh?
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saaveraward
I don't/didn't either. Take a lesson there, it's totally worth it to have a "guide" show you the ropes and lead you to where you should go and you'll get the confidence to go out on your own.
I don't snorkel or dive and have no interest to do so, but I have been to Rangali 3 times (plus a further 2 stays in other Maldives resorts), each time around 10 days and I have never had any issues with being bored. It depends what you are looking for though - personally I am going there to relax and recharge after a lot of long hours at work and work travel, so I enjoy doing nothing, lounging around, spending time with my other half. We didn't even do any excursions or activities (unless you count the champagne and lobster BBQ) on the last trip and still enjoyed 10 days. I understand other people may feel different.
Can't wait to go back again end of this year again for 10 days!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:28 am

Excited?

brilliant, thanks!....
... 6 weeks and counting... unbelievably excited!

I'm trusting that's for the Maldives & not GE'17!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by saaveraward
There are tons. Pretty sure BBC world, sky and definitely cnn
Just made me realise that in my 7 days there I didn't use the TV once.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Just made me realise that in my 7 days there I didn't use the TV once.
Here here. And a PC too.....usually.....
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:13 am

I'm trusting that's for the Maldives & not GE'17!
My plan is to completely switch off - from news, from social media - and completely relax. My partner wants to keep his eye on the result though, so I said I would ask
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:49 am

Sorry, I didn't see an "on average you might arrive at around xx:xx/between such and such a time" kinda thing and to be honest I thought you had arrived there at about the same time on both your trips and reported accordingly. It sounded like when you travel and have a flight or bus or whatever depart at a scheduled time and you'd usually "arrive around xx:xx". No harm done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.