Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:23 am

Most definitely. No reason at all to pay those rates. Check out my guide for paid upgrades (see the link in my sig).
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
Been trying to read this whole thread for a while now. Lots of great info in here. I have a stay booked in May of next year (low season) and asked about paid upgrades from a beach villa. The water and superior water villas fall in line with the wiki, but the retreat and deluxe are more than high season rates; those are $810 and $1015 per night respectively. These prices are the rates posted on their website, the difference between bv and their flexible rates. Is it worth negotiating these down? I would be good anywhere, but like any first timer I'd like to experience an overwater villa for my honeymoon. It's looking like a superior wv would be best, as it offers more privacy than a standard villa and has uninterrupted views, but I really love the layout of the deluxe with the wash tub that overlooks the ocean, plus the added privacy (spaced further apart and on the fringes of the island).
I paid $330++ for upgrade BV to SWV, and was given a comp to DWV. Based on what I've seen when it comes to SWV, I wouldn't pay more than an additional $120-$170 tops to upgrade from SWV to DWV. The SWV is plenty nice, and while DWV is spaced further out, the privacy really shouldn't be considered much different--- I.E, if people are out snorkeling, they'll be able to swim by your room whether SWV or DWV.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885
I paid $330++ for upgrade BV to SWV, and was given a comp to DWV.
That's very rare. I think you were quite fortunate indeed to get an upgrade of that kind. How many nights did you get in the DWV?

Originally Posted by joecool1885
The SWV is plenty nice, and while DWV is spaced further out, the privacy really shouldn't be considered much different--- I.E, if people are out snorkeling, they'll be able to swim by your room whether SWV or DWV.
Would be interesting to compare the noise levels of the music when played at max volume (which is limited to about 2/3 max in the Bose sound systems). When we were in 339 we could hear the music playing in 338 but I don't know what volume they had it at. I guess you'd have to have friends in an adjacent villa to really make a proper comparison.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
That's very rare. I think you were quite fortunate indeed to get an upgrade of that kind. How many nights did you get in the DWV?

Would be interesting to compare the noise levels of the music when played at max volume (which is limited to about 2/3 max in the Bose sound systems). When we were in 339 we could hear the music playing in 338 but I don't know what volume they had it at. I guess you'd have to have friends in an adjacent villa to really make a proper comparison.
We paid $250 incl taxes for an upgrade to a RWV, from BV, beginning of April.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
We had 3 nights in it, 347. First two nights were BV. Due to a billing error, we were only charged two nights upgrade. Quite satisfied with my stay. (Especially after our sunset yacht cruise turned private when nobody else booked)
After reading an account above of a comp upgrade to 349, very glad I didn't pay the 2K++ they offered to get that room. Would've paid it if it had been room 350.

Have my doubts it had anything to do with it, but a few staff were aware we had come directly from PH Maldives. (Or indirectly if you consider the speedboat Hadahaa to Kooddoo, Dash-8 Kooddoo to Male, Seaplane Male to Rangali :-) )
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:19 pm

I wonder if the pricing discrepancy has anything to do with who fielded the e-mail I sent. I e-mailed reservations and got a response back from Manja Hacker. Maybe she works off a commission. I appreciate the opinions.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 10:52 pm

AFAIK he/she's new. He/she was the one that quoted me last month $100++ higher than the Best Rates PDF (although that's not entirely unheard of) and with absolutely no discount off the BAR.

I don't think they are allowed to work on a commission basis in such properties. Then again that's just a guess.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:15 pm
Suspended

Do you guys think February is the best month to go to the Maldives?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Do you guys think February is the best month to go to the Maldives?
In terms of weather it is tough to beat. In four trips in February for me amounting to about six total weeks I have experienced only one day with light rain for about an hour.

Also like having Valentine's Day and frequently the Chinese lunar New Years celebrations falling in February too.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Best Memory/Moment at Rangali

For those of us that have gone at least once we have our photos, our plans to return, and our memories. I thought it would be interesting to gather peoples favorite moments and memories.

One that sticks out for me was outside on the deck of our SWV at night probably around 10 pm. It was totally dark except for the full moon light. It was really bright actually. We watched the moon rise from right at the horizon to high in the sky. One of my pictures of the moon near the horizon actually fools some people and they think it's a sunset/sunrise photo.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:31 am

I loved every moment, but I'd nail down my favorite memory as the yacht cruise. Having the boat to ourselves for a couple hours was incredible... we slowed when a pod of dolphins was swimming around us, and laying out front with our heads off the boat watching them was great (I mean, we saw a lot of dolphins throughout the trip, but this was the most comfortable venue and time watching them). Perfect weather, great sunset, absolute treat. Fonder memories even from our previous week at PH Hadahaa, but I'll leave those for that forum and another time.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
For me, waking up that first morning and looking out the window - realizing how fortunate/humbled I am to be in a place like this - is always the most memorable experience.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: points traveller
post marital bliss has meant this is well overdue - but here's a few(!) posts about our honeymoon over Easter this year.

http://goo.gl/XRC2pJ

let me know if i'm not supposed to post links! else, would love a couple of sign ups and comments - I'm trying to increase my posts to at least once/month.

dropping this in before @jermyn posts what will no doubt be another epic read!

i'm not too handy on the old wordpress marlarkey so apologies in advance.

cheers
Old Jul 12, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
I'm fully booked, very excited and ready for my stay 10th wedding anniversary stay in October 20-27th, send me a PM if you are staying at the resort during this period and would like to meet a crazy Canadian couple!

Thanks for everyone's help in making this trip to be what looks like a trip of a lifetime!
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
post marital bliss has meant this is well overdue - but here's a few(!) posts about our honeymoon over Easter this year.

http://goo.gl/XRC2pJ

let me know if i'm not supposed to post links! else, would love a couple of sign ups and comments - I'm trying to increase my posts to at least once/month.

dropping this in before @jermyn posts what will no doubt be another epic read!

i'm not too handy on the old wordpress marlarkey so apologies in advance.

cheers
Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.