Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Out of curiosity, are you hoping the weather's been good or bad recently?
I'm hoping it's sunny during the day and raining when I'm sleeping
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:56 pm

Out of curiosity, are you hoping the weather's been good or bad recently?
Good of course!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Is there something wrong with points availability at this hotel? I can't see a single night available from now until April!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by bcre3306
Good of course!
If I were you I'd be hoping for the opposite. Based on rainfall averages for this month with, on average, half of the days with rainfall (and a lot of it at 200+mm/month), it would be ideal for you if the weather wasn't so good for the first half of this month. Chances are you'd have better weather in the second half of the month.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by mario
Is there something wrong with points availability at this hotel? I can't see a single night available from now until April!
Maybe just a temporary glitch or an update within the system because I get availability for a 5-night points stay (tried both this and next month).

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Oct 18, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by bcre3306
Good of course!
Overcast almost always, with rain maybe 20% of the time. Sun poked through a couple times yesterday and today in the morning. Fairly windy around the storm times.

The weather is pretty interesting. I know it was a crapshoot during shoulder season but it was the right tradeoff between price and weather risk. There are a couple layers of clouds, the uppers don't move so you wait for the sun to move into the openings. The lowers are the rain clouds and those do move quickly usually from the west/northwest. So what you are hoping for is everything lines up, and then you have sun for a bit.

I did find you can use the Foreca App for free, which is the datasource for the paid app in the Wiki.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by mario
I'd been looking for 5 night availability through the next 12 months using the flexible dates & got nothing at all. I then looked for single night availability and there was plenty, so I'm guessing some sort of glitch.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: BAEC, Amex, SPG Gold, VA Red, HHonours Gold
we had good weather for our stay up to the 6th Oct. It rained in the night a few times.

We were told weather in early September wasn't that great, they had a big chunk of consecutive days of overcast and rain.

When i finally sort my pics I will post a small review, we had a disappointing room service breakfast but other than that everything else was great!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:42 am

Looking forward to your review!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
First of 7 nights done here and the place is as magical as I anticipated. Thanks to everyone especially MaldivesFreak... I will do a detailed review at a later date but the weather has been decent for anyone checking in this week was partially sunny yesterday, rained a lot at night and was a beautiful morning with full sun until 1pm now its raining again perfect for nap time ... hopefully will stop soon enough for tea and happy hour.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:17 am

Two upcoming reviews, then. Even better! Enjoy your stay. So envy you.....
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Two upcoming reviews, then. Even better! Enjoy your stay. So envy you.....
Yes! This thread has been way too quiet lately.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:38 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by mkcol
I'd been looking for 5 night availability through the next 12 months using the flexible dates & got nothing at all. I then looked for single night availability and there was plenty, so I'm guessing some sort of glitch.
mkcol, do you have enough points for 5 nights? Hilton has a 'thing' that means it doesn't show you availability for durations for which you don't have enough points. However if you don't log in, it will show you the correct availability.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:53 pm

You need 380,000 to be exact.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by tangey
mkcol, do you have enough points for 5 nights? Hilton has a 'thing' that means it doesn't show you availability for durations for which you don't have enough points. However if you don't log in, it will show you the correct availability.

Ah - that'll be the thing!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.