Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Should be. Are you not getting a response? You can just send it to the General Enquiries address ([email protected]) if all else fails.

And thanks for the pics, nyc100!
No he responded. Thanks

I asked asked again for a quote for a DBV or SWV upgrade for the week of Jan 8.

was quoted $295 + taxes per night for BV to DBV upgrade

and

$260 + taxes per night for BV to SWV upgrade.

I took them up on the SWV upgrade for my inlaws.

I have 2 little kids with me, you think the price is justifiable to upgrade to a DBV for 7 nights over the BV? Is the bedroom much bigger than on a BV?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by KL808
No he responded. Thanks

and

$260 + taxes per night for BV to SWV upgrade.
That's a lower upgrade rate than I've seen, $90 lower than I got as Diamond in mid-Feb. I wonder if it' has anything to do with how close your reservation is, as well as possibly not having sold out the rooms.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:08 am

Space Comparison Between BV & DBV

$285 is on the low side. I'd certainly take it up if I took kids. No question at all. Even though the BVs have extra space now they're only at about 2/3 the size of a DBV inside the main living area (not including the vanities, toilets and storage room). Then there's the pool* and the overall size of the grounds that the kids can play in with the DBVs.

Here's the BV (150 sq.m / 1,614 sq. ft)

And here's the DBV (300 sq.m / 3,229 sq. ft)

These latest floorplans look to be scaled reasonably accurately. The old floorplans (pre-2015 renovations) are still available on their website but the DBV isn't scaled to show its real size. Fortunately they have these new ones to make the comparison easier. Baffles me though why they didn't make the diagrams a little longer and show the snaked paths like they are in reality. Surely that would have been better as it would show that no-one can see into your room directly from the beach!

Notes on pools and baths:
• each pool is shaped differently. The one pictured above is, of course, the largest one that there is
• for a look at one of, if not the smallest pool among this villa type, check out the TA review and associated pics here or just click here to view the pic directly
• in the old diagrams the outdoor bath appears much larger than it actually is for each BV. Check out this pic to see what I mean

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Dec 31, 2016 at 10:34 am Reason: Added notes and info
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
That's a lower upgrade rate than I've seen, $90 lower than I got as Diamond in mid-Feb. I wonder if it' has anything to do with how close your reservation is, as well as possibly not having sold out the rooms.
Very much so. The rates are usually 30% off the difference between BAR in villa categories and as availability decreases those 20 & 30% discounted rates disappear and you are left with BAR or maybe 10% off if you're a returning elite.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Do they have issues if we check in two suitcases at 30kg each or do they insist on 25kg max per bag? Luggage allowance for the sea plane is 25kg per person right? There will be 4 of us with just 60kgs in two bags.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:16 am

Yes, they will ask you to repack. It's an aviation requirement for weight distribution, and so they don't make exceptions.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Yes, they will ask you to repack. It's an aviation requirement for weight distribution, and so they don't make exceptions.
^
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:38 am

KL808: I've added some more info and links to my 'Space Comparison Between BV & DBV' post above.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:10 am

Re
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Are any of the Beach villas better then the other? Is it possible to request a certain one before you get there?
2. whether there is a direct line of sight to the beach from the patio (a couple of BVs have this) and therefore less privacy
Just been looking through my notes and 213 (BV) has a direct line of sight from the patio to the beach. Might want to avoid that one.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: Miles&More, Miles&Bonus, AAdvantage
Re

Just been looking through my notes and 213 (BV) has a direct line of sight from the patio to the beach. Might want to avoid that one.
Actually we loved it - much more light on a rainy day and great beach location with a 6-year old. I guess all recommendations are relative.

Today finally the sun returned after a couple of rainy days and it's heaven on earth. Happy New Year to all FlyerTalkers from Rangali Happy Hour 😊
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond

I have never been asked to repack and have often had over 25kgs. Single bag luggage allowance on an international flight is 32kgs. If you come with a bag weighing less than, I don't think the sea plane company is going to make you repack. At least I have never had that experience. They will charge all overweight at roughly $ 3-4 per kg
Old Jan 1, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor

And did you get a $25 Spa discount card on arrival? AFAIK this is still a gift for Diamonds only.
Instead of the 25$ Spa Discount Card, you get an extra 15 minutes add-on every treatment but only once/stay. It seems to be eligible only for HHonors Diamond members.
The house champagne is now Ruinart, which is much appreciated by us.
The DBV will be renovated in 2018, they will make one display DBV in 2017.

Last edited by mb123; Jan 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
Instead of the 25$ Spa Discount Card, you get an extra 15 minutes add-on every treatment but only once/stay.
Do you mean you have one opportunity to book multiple treatments so you can get the extra 15min for each treatment? If not, how does the 'only once per stay' rule work?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
I have never been asked to repack and have often had over 25kgs. Single bag luggage allowance on an international flight is 32kgs. If you come with a bag weighing less than, I don't think the sea plane company is going to make you repack. At least I have never had that experience. They will charge all overweight at roughly $ 3-4 per kg
Interesting. We had to repack once and put the extra into hand luggage. I suppose 'YMMV' is the rule here.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:03 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Do you mean you have one opportunity to book multiple treatments so you can get the extra 15min for each treatment? If not, how does the 'only once per stay' rule work?
My wife had 2 treatments, both booked together for a morning and afternoon the following day, both had the extra 15 minutes added.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.